Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    *blinky*

Dude...that fic has been done for a pretty long while...the fair was written and posted, where are you looking? Just go to either link in my sig and clicky on MoL
    I was looking on LJ... chap nine wasn't up....

btw
    Spoiler:
    “Um, Jack’s going to light the fire now.” he explained, concerned about her proximity to the bonfire.

“I believe it would be wise to wait behind the truck.” Teal’c intoned and Jack threw him a glare.

“Oh come on, T, it’s a tiny little campfire.” he said as he lowered the branch he’d lit onto the pile of firewood. The flames erupted instantly, rising well above their heads and the intense heat caused Jack and Cameron to pitch themselves away.

“Was it four cans, Mitchell?” Jack asked Cam from the ground. The Colonel seemed a little shaken as he answered.

“It…might have been four, sir, yes.” he agreed as they got back up to their feet.

Hilarious... Utter brilliance

Comment

30,000 posts Fruitcakes!! We ROCK!!
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        Hi there Cat.

I wonder how many have already read it and how many are reading it now. I am going to try and finish it up by tommorrow. You should set a date for the discussions to begin. Sounds fun.
        Well why don't we make a list of those who have read and those who are and those who haven't but intend to.
        Have read
        LC
        Cat
        Are reading
        Susan
        Stef
        Haven't but intend to
        Isa

Add your name as need be.

Congrats on 30,000

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Hey Fruitcakes!

How are ya?! I've been fairly absent recently (stupid real life) but I have some time on my hands...so..what are we up to? What activities and hyjinks have we gotten ourselves into now?

WHOOHOO 30,000posts!!!!

(((((Thread and Fruitcakes))))) MISSED YOU

nat
          My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

SG-1 Roswell novel:

Have read
            LC
            Cat
            PengYn
            Nat
            Are reading
            Susan
            Stef
            Haven't but intend to
            Isa

My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
              Heh.
              Spoiler:
              It might be C/V but underneath everything for what I've glean it's all Devilish Yes, that's how my brain works.

Okay, I think it's time for me. Night Cakes!
              Spoiler:
              it's an interesting collections of layers. S/J and C/V seem to be more implied than DV but DV actually gets more that is beyond implications.
              There are no implications about Vala's feelings for Daniel...those are blatant. Daniel's feelings for Vala are not blatant but are subtly just beyond implied, if that makes any sense.

I've quoted this paragraph before at various moments and to me it implies so much more than it seems to on the surface.
              Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c have just come across Cam in the 1940s. There is speculation among them as to what has happened to Vala. Teal'c makes the observation that she is either dead or has been taken as a host. Then there is this paragraph:

"Daniel let out a soft moan. Jack glanced across and saw that he'd closed his eyes and was resting his forehead on splintered edges of the oak. It had been years since Sha're's death, but compounded with his guilt for leaving Mitchell and Vala behind, sometimes the agony of that loss still crept up on him unawares."

Now I don't know about anyone else but when I read that I went, "omg, the authors are implying that the thought of Vala being dead or retaken as a host is almost equal to Daniel's agony over Sha're".

Then there's the fact that Daniel is the one questionning Cam about the marriage and who the father of the two children is.

'Course this could all be the way my 'shippy' little heart wants to read it and someone who doesn't want DV wouldn't read it that way. Which I think is the way the authors intended it to be read. Read in to it whatever 'ship' you want. Brilliantly done on their part I thought.
              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

So I read something here yesterday about Christmas fics and fluffy fics...how' bout a bit of both.
                A segment from "Christmas 2008":

Spoiler:

Cam watched them over the rim of his coffee cup. A quick glance at the rest of his friends confirmed they too were amused by yet another display of Daniel and Vala’s increasing ability to carry on non-verbal conversations. He turned his attention back to the couple at the top of the steps in time to see Daniel remove Vala’s hand from her hip and turn it towards himself, palm side down. He fiddled with something in his right hand then very slowly slid a ring onto her finger. Cam didn’t need to be a lip reader to figure out the two words Daniel whispered to her, nor did he need an interpreter to understand Vala’s emphatic head nod. He did, however, feel that with everything the rest of the group had put with up as the two had worked towards this moment there needed to be something more than the simple embrace they were locked into.
                Cam wadded up a hunk of wrapping paper and pitched it at them. That was promptly followed by similar projectiles from the others. It was Jack’s shot bouncing off Daniel’s glasses that got the archaeologists' full attention.
                He gave the older man a look of irritation. “Jack.”
                “Daniel…” Jack’s smirk eased into an affectionate grin, “Isn’t this where you supposed to kiss her or something?”
                “Umm.., “ he deadpanned, “actually I thought I would leave the ‘something’ ‘til later, but,” he tilted Vala’s face up to his, “the kiss I can do.”
                He touched his mouth to hers in what was meant to a simple, chaste kiss, but quickly became more. Jack lobbed another wad of paper at them.
                ‘Oy…thought you were going to leave that ‘til later.”
                sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  it's an interesting collections of layers. S/J and C/V seem to be more implied than DV but DV actually gets more that is beyond implications.
                  There are no implications about Vala's feelings for Daniel...those are blatant. Daniel's feelings for Vala are not blatant but are subtly just beyond implied, if that makes any sense.

I've quoted this paragraph before at various moments and to me it implies so much more than it seems to on the surface.
                  Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c have just come across Cam in the 1940s. There is speculation among them as to what has happened to Vala. Teal'c makes the observation that she is either dead or has been taken as a host. Then there is this paragraph:

"Daniel let out a soft moan. Jack glanced across and saw that he'd closed his eyes and was resting his forehead on splintered edges of the oak. It had been years since Sha're's death, but compounded with his guilt for leaving Mitchell and Vala behind, sometimes the agony of that loss still crept up on him unawares."

Now I don't know about anyone else but when I read that I went, "omg, the authors are implying that the thought of Vala being dead or retaken as a host is almost equal to Daniel's agony over Sha're".

Then there's the fact that Daniel is the one questionning Cam about the marriage and who the father of the two children is.

'Course this could all be the way my 'shippy' little heart wants to read it and someone who doesn't want DV wouldn't read it that way. Which I think is the way the authors intended it to be read. Read in to it whatever 'ship' you want. Brilliantly done on their part I thought.
                  LC I totally agree with you.

Spoiler:
                  Obviously D/V was there and it was more obvious on Vala half. Love how she said she had to get back to the proper time while she's still young enough to have Daniel's children. (I beleive that's what it was correct me if I'm wrong LC)
                  C/V and S/J were the ones that were most blantant in this particlar book but D/V was defintely high up there as well. It was a book that couldn't upset any ship really (well except S/D) I have to say I don't like to read actual books on television serieses (weird cause I love fanfic but whatever) but this one really got to me I loved it. Of course the fact that it had time travel probably helped.

That's my 2 cents without having the book with me atm.

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

So I read something here yesterday about Christmas fics and fluffy fics...how' bout a bit of both.

Spoiler:

Cam watched them over the rim of his coffee cup. A quick glance at the rest of his friends confirmed they too were amused by yet another display of Daniel and Vala’s increasing ability to carry on non-verbal conversations. He turned his attention back to the couple at the top of the steps in time to see Daniel remove Vala’s hand from her hip and turn it towards himself, palm side down. He fiddled with something in his right hand then very slowly slid a ring onto her finger. Cam didn’t need to be a lip reader to figure out the two words Daniel whispered to her, nor did he need an interpreter to understand Vala’s emphatic head nod. He did, however, feel that with everything the rest of the group had put with up as the two had worked towards this moment there needed to be something more than the simple embrace they were locked into.
                    Cam wadded up a hunk of wrapping paper and pitched it at them. That was promptly followed by similar projectiles from the others. It was Jack’s shot bouncing off Daniel’s glasses that got the archaeologists' full attention.
                    “Daniel…” Jack’s smirk eased into an affectionate grin, “Isn’t this where you supposed to kiss her or something?”
                    “Umm.., “ he deadpanned, “actually I thought I would leave the ‘something’ ‘til later, but,” he tilted Vala’s face up to his, “the kiss I can do.”
                    He touched his mouth to hers in what was meant to a simple, chaste kiss, but quickly became more. Jack lobbed another wad of paper at them.
                    Really nice and sweet LC

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Susan thanks for updating the list (((((HUGS)))))
                      BTW where is my long lost twin? When's she back?

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Okay, written about half the essay now, just needed to reply

Hey everyone, back from my night out with the girls. About four times a year, a group of my close girlfriends and I go out to dinner together. We had reservations for 7 and got sitted right away. 2 1/2 hours later we were all exhausted from laughing, totally sugared out (We ony order appetizers and desserts to pass around). Plus we were getting those looks from the waiters that you get when you stay for 2 1/2 hours.
                        Sounds like fun!

Stef, we can hope that the first two movies lead into a situation where the third movie has to include D/V moments.
                        That's the kind of optimism I want to hear!

I think that story would be great for discussing. It is still one of my favorites, if not my favorite.
                        Excuse me while I squeal with glee...

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*cough*

Sorry...and thank you!

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
                        I was looking on LJ... chap nine wasn't up....

btw
                        Spoiler:
                        “Um, Jack’s going to light the fire now.” he explained, concerned about her proximity to the bonfire.

“I believe it would be wise to wait behind the truck.” Teal’c intoned and Jack threw him a glare.

“Oh come on, T, it’s a tiny little campfire.” he said as he lowered the branch he’d lit onto the pile of firewood. The flames erupted instantly, rising well above their heads and the intense heat caused Jack and Cameron to pitch themselves away.

“Was it four cans, Mitchell?” Jack asked Cam from the ground. The Colonel seemed a little shaken as he answered.

“It…might have been four, sir, yes.” he agreed as they got back up to their feet.

Hilarious... Utter brilliance
                        Thanks!! ...but that is chapter 9...you found it? I know chapter 9 is on my LJ but it might not have been properly labelled, I'll go check it out.

Originally posted by natalia View Post
                        Hey Fruitcakes!

How are ya?! I've been fairly absent recently (stupid real life) but I have some time on my hands...so..what are we up to? What activities and hyjinks have we gotten ourselves into now?

WHOOHOO 30,000posts!!!!

(((((Thread and Fruitcakes))))) MISSED YOU

nat
                        Nat!!!! *hugs* Glad to hear things are clearing up for you, that will be my situation in about 2-3 weeks

Spoiler:

Awww, well done LC!

Have read
                        LC
                        Cat
                        PengYn
                        Nat
                        Toomi
                        Are reading
                        Susan
                        Stef
                        ValaM
                        Kales
                        Djay

Haven't but intend to
                        Isa
                        Haven't read, still debating whether I want to read the heavy C/V
                        Milena

||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                          LC I totally agree with you.

Spoiler:
                          Obviously D/V was there and it was more obvious on Vala half. Love how she said she had to get back to the proper time while she's still young enough to have Daniel's children. (I beleive that's what it was correct me if I'm wrong LC)
                          C/V and S/J were the ones that were most blantant in this particlar book but D/V was defintely high up there as well. It was a book that couldn't upset any ship really (well except S/D) I have to say I don't like to read actual books on television serieses (weird cause I love fanfic but whatever) but this one really got to me I loved it. Of course the fact that it had time travel probably helped.

That's my 2 cents without having the book with me atm.
                          Yeah it read to me like the very best of fanfiction.
                          Spoiler:
                          funny, you know I found the S/J implications at the beginning to be so buried that you automatically assumed it was there, and the C/V implications were only there because being in that time period they had to get married, it was only the D/V implications that were not as subtle as the other two...'course like I said, that could be my 'shippy' little heart.

I've said before that I'd love to write something that would get published, but I don't know if I could be subtle enough with DV(Darryl, just shush)
                          LC
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                            Thanks!! ...but that is chapter 9...you found it? I know chapter 9 is on my LJ but it might not have been properly labelled, I'll go check it out.
                            yeah on FF.net

Oh, did you see my depressing little oneshot last night?

Comment

<<<<<<<<<Chelle>>>>>>>>

I haven't seen you in a long time. Making any more D/V videos. What have you been up to. I still love your Feels Like Home Video and play it all the time.

Susan
                              Aww you are so sweet!

I haven't been around. School is kickin my bum at the moment and I just don't seem to have time to do anything. But I caught a bit of Powers That Be on my break at work on Friday and remembered I have a cyber social life HA. Have ideas for DV vids, but I have to finish my vid to Aeryn Sun to Children of Dune's Inama Nushif first. Other than that not much goin on. Started a new diet which I am really into (enjoying a lovely parfait at the moment) so that I can look nice in a wedding party in January and then Dec 08. And someone thinks I'm getting married...getting calls from these places saying I and my wedding (May 08 apparently) were submitted to them. And I'm rambling. Sorry...sleep deprived and study...opposite of deprived.

What about you all?
                              Last edited by kamiikiteiru; 06 November 2007, 07:42 PM.
                              sigpic
                              by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Agree LC it really did read like A grade fanfiction.
                                Spoiler:
                                S/J was obvious like it was expected to be there. /V suited the story and what had happed to them both. Honestly the D/V can be read in different ways from a shipper to a non-shipper.

Hey Milena sounds like you're where i was a few weeks ago regarding sucky essays.
                                BTW popped into the S/D thread and in regards to the movies it sounds like from what they heard at the con there's going to be Devilish, even they're saying it

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X