Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    EDIT: And yay for Stef!! Told ya she'd come through, SazZat
    Well, we all have to have a talent. I guess mine is finding old posts and calculating thread and season statistics

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
      Finished my October wallpaper for the calendar (based on 200):

Spoiler:

Djay
      FUN! I like it!

Originally posted by PirateBijjy View Post
      Because I promised someone (I shamefully forgot who at the moment) I'd post more pic today once I came home from work. Forgive me If I went a tad overboard. All pics as clickable thumbnails becaue I don't want anyone screen to strech out on the board when y'all click the spoilers button. Prepare to HiRes overload. They're all Daniel and/or Vala...I'm afraid this may be the first post of quite a few so PLEASE don't zat me.

Spoiler:

YAY! Pics!!

But just before I head off to that I'd like to take a moment to declare that Isa is totally my new hero! She caught up on all of BF and left me awesome reviews for each chapter!! I feel horrible for those of you who plan to read it when it's completed because it's only like 1/4 done and it took 6 days to read it at a comfortable pace Sorry Fruitcakes!! I could try to trim the chapters but I really can't

So, in sum, Gold Star for the Great Isa!!!

And now I read
      *Blush* I just did what any DV obsessed Fruitcake would do. Now, I just hope you're ready for the replies to your replies - not all I think, but some....
      banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Well, we all have to have a talent. I guess mine is finding old posts and calculating thread and season statistics

-Stef
        Don't forget enabling
        banner by Stef

Comment

-Stef
          And how well you do it! I just found a smiley to express my relationship with all things computerized besides Word --->

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
          *Blush* I just did what any DV obsessed Fruitcake would do. Now, I just hope you're ready for the replies to your replies - not all I think, but some....
          LoL! Hit me with 'em!!! I'm actually looking forward to them because there are a few I think where I asked your opinion on something so I can't wait to see what you write back

....G'night #4
          ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I'm baaaaack

I have a mission for you Fruitcakes!!! It's of MAJOR importance!!!

VALA needs a term of indearment!!! I refuse to write 20 more chapters of my fic without a term of endearment (other than the famed Fruitcake) from Daniel to Vala!!!!!

Now, Cat and I went over a list like two weeks ago and found nothing Here are the ones (imho) that don't work:

Darling
            Sweetie
            Sweetheart
            Honey
            My Love (well maybe in some situations but not casual...)
            etc...

Green for a week to the person who comes up with a nickname/term of endearment that Daniel would PLAUSIBLY and CREDIBLY say!!! Has MS ever used a term of endearment somewhere else? To his wife? On 24? Anywhere???

I can't wait to see what you all come up with

G'night #5? #6? *shrugs*

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Don't forget enabling
              Well, yes, OBVIOUSLY that too...but I think that goes unsaid

And how well you do it! I just found a smiley to express my relationship with all things computerized besides Word --->
              Ha! That's me and writing, lol. And can I just take a moment to thank Maeve and Milena for looking over my chapter for me? Milena has pretty much joined Wendy in becoming my own personal god. Wow, looks like I'll have a whole stable of gods soon enough!

Any enjoyment you derive from my next chapter will be 75% her doing (the rest goes to Maeve and Isa....with 1% reserved for myself).

EDIT: Damn, I forgot everyone else who looked over my early drafts. Well, there goes my 1%

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've been having fun creating a calendar dates page on Publisher. I've been putting about five small icons down the column of each month. I would love to share this with anyone who will be looking for the "rest" of the calendar but it wont let me save it as a JPeg so I don't know how to share it with you, since I cant upload it to my PB. Anyone know how?

Djay
                He's her Lobster!
                LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Milena... how 'bout 'dear'. Not that great, but can be awesome for gritting the teeth moments...maybe not...

I love darling... and not just Wendy's clone...lol. My Dad's English and my Step-mom Canadian so she teases him all the time by calling him dahling in an English accent, much like CB says it. Cracks me up everytime.

Yikes, can I actually get on topic????

Uh, ok, pet names, I'm struggling... For some reason I can't think of Daniel or Jack using a term of endearment... perhaps coz I"ve never heard it. Now John Crichton on the other hand... *falls into happy daydreams*
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha! That's me and writing, lol. And can I just take a moment to thank Maeve and Milena for looking over my chapter for me? Milena has pretty much joined Wendy in becoming my own personal god. Wow, looks like I'll have a whole stable of gods soon enough!

Any enjoyment you derive from my next chapter will be 75% her doing (the rest goes to Maeve and Isa....with 1% reserved for myself).

EDIT: Damn, I forgot everyone else who looked over my early drafts. Well, there goes my 1%

-Stef
                    LOL!!! I think you'll find we gods exist in a pantheon

And she's exaggerating folks! This is the greatest chapter I've read so far and it was like that way before I mangled it You're all gonna love it!!

Originally posted by djay View Post
                    I've been having fun creating a calendar dates page on Publisher. I've been putting about five small icons down the column of each month. I would love to share this with anyone who will be looking for the "rest" of the calendar but it wont let me save it as a JPeg so I don't know how to share it with you, since I cant upload it to my PB. Anyone know how?

Djay
                    Sorry Djay No idea, I'm proud I actually know (roughly) what a Jpeg is

...geez...G'night #7 I just can't leave you guys

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Milena, unfortunately all my still waking brain could come up with was, "Babe" and even that doesn't sound right.

And it's always hard to leave the Oven, it's so nice and warm in here.
                      banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                        Milena... how 'bout 'dear'. Not that great, but can be awesome for gritting the teeth moments...maybe not...

I love darling... and not just Wendy's clone...lol. My Dad's English and my Step-mom Canadian so she teases him all the time by calling him dahling in an English accent, much like CB says it. Cracks me up everytime.

Yikes, can I actually get on topic????

Uh, ok, pet names, I'm struggling... For some reason I can't think of Daniel or Jack using a term of endearment... perhaps coz I"ve never heard it. Now John Crichton on the other hand... *falls into happy daydreams*
                        Thanks for trying Toomi!!

And I think 'darling' might have worked if Vala hadn't so selfishly stolen it 'Dear' is a little too 'Grandmother knitting and calling on younger people' for me, I guess I just haven't heard it used properly But you're right, it would work well in tense moments for Daniel I'll keep that in mind!

I personally LOVE 'kitten' But that's just the sap in me and I can't see Daniel using it...unless *ponders away*

I need to go hash that out! You guys keep thinking!!

I'm not even gonna bother with a 'gnight' this time I'm just gonna get more watermelon

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Milena, unfortunately all my still waking brain could come up with was, "Babe" and even that doesn't sound right.

And it's always hard to leave the Oven, it's so nice and warm in here.
                          LoL it really is!! Which I really appreciate because my AC is on high beside me and I'm freezing...yes I have a smiley for that!!! *cackles madly*

And I think "Babe" is the one I've most frequently read in fics apart from "Sweetheart" but, other than in very specific situations, I just imagine a biker-dude on his harley calling on his gf to get him another beer

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh, I kinda like "Kitten", it sounds odd at first glance, if given the right moment and setting *cough*, it could work.....Hmmm...
                            banner by Stef

Comment

LoL it really is!! Which I really appreciate because my AC is on high beside me and I'm freezing...yes I have a smiley for that!!! *cackles madly*

And I think "Babe" is the one I've most frequently read in fics apart from "Sweetheart" but, other than in very specific situations, I just imagine a biker-dude on his harley calling on his gf to get him another beer
                              I will never be ablel to read that word the same way again!
                              banner by Stef

Comment

Ok Milena, I'm spitting out everything I"ve ever heard or read that i can remember.

Hun, babe, baby, darlin' (roll the r and drop the g... definatly different that the English daaahling.) suga, laddy-mi-love (don't ask.... but with a Scottish accent... on second thought, that would be a man to woman..) luv (English thing I think) light-of-my-life, mon amour (I can't spell... my love in French.)

Er, amor is love in Latin, According to some online translator thingy all these mean love in Japanese (koigokoro, ai, aijou, ji, ren'ai, aikou, suki, koi). You think Daniel would pick something from another language???

ETA: amor: to love.
                                ama: love as in an order or spoken desire... as in you must love.
                                Last edited by Toomi; 05 October 2007, 01:12 AM. Reason: Latin's too hard at 3am!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X