Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    FYI is an acronym for: For Your Information
    Oh, right. very smart!!
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Favourite Scene

Guardsman: Murderous rebels...come in please.
      Daniel: Speaking?
      Guardsman: I have your two friends, let the hostages go or I'm going to kill them.
      Daniel: Excuse me?
      Guardsman exasperated: Your friends? I have them at gunpoint...if you don't let the rest of the hostages go I'm gonna kill them.
      Daniel, pleasantly: ...who's calling?
      Guardsman: Who I am is of no importance.
      Daniel, laughing: Oh, I disagree.

HILARIOUS DIALOGUE!!! Especially MS's delivery of it all. And Joshua Malina just standing there while the guard tells Cam and Vala to throw down their weapons is hilarious too.

Guardsman: Well don't just stand there, Cicero!
      Cicero: Huh?
      Guardsman: Pick them up.
      Cicero: Oh! right!
      Guardsman: Good, now come stand over here.
      Cicero, oh so convincingly : Thanks, they uh tried to make me get them a key card...

And I love how he backs Vala up when she's saying how it was impressive that she even got that far past an alien security device

EDIT: Why does Vala still only have a Zat on her thigh when Cam has a 9-mil? I mean they gave her an AK-47 (that's what it's called right? )
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

OMG

When the guard tells Cicero to shoot the two if they try anything and Cicero goes "Mmhm, yeah." and points the 9-mil at them to show his sincerity, anyone notice how he's holding the gun?? He's holding it like a stick, just his closed fist around the handle, nowhere near the trigger, it looks so funny!

LOL I can't help but smile when I see how the guard's pants ride up when he's sitting cross-legged

...Okay, ouch for Vala.

Vala: There's a 70% chance that if we dial manually we'll be able to establish a connection and a 50% chance the bomb will just go off.
        Cam: That's a 120%
        Vala: Well there's some crossover where we establish a wormhole and it blows up.
        Cam: Jackson, did you catch any of that?
        Daniel: Yeah, a 100% chance we should have brought someone that knows what they're doing.

HARSH much! You can bet he'd never say something like that to Sam...*grumbles*

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Gorgeous gutter pics Wendy!!

And wow Vala's strong, she totally hauled Cam out of the Kawoosh. Sweet

I love Cam's speech, he's so eloquent and moving when he wants to be

*GASP* The guard's name is Jayem pronounced the exact same way as the character I created in Being Found, Jeim!!!!! I should so sue! You know, despite having created said character well after BG ever aired

Okay, done this episode, I won't bother you good people with an analysis of Bounty since I really didn't care much for that episode in how it dealt with Vala. I'll only repeat that the BEST acting in that episode is done by Lady with Stroller on the other side of the street after the pretty girl got smooshed by the big bus...that no one heard or saw coming...right

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
            I promise on my D/V shippier heart that I will read that book by the time I log on tomorrow night. Then I can tease you all with my knowledge *cue evil laughter*
            LOL...feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it when you're finished(are you past the part yet where Vala is experiencing the sensation of Daniel whispering in her ear?)
            LC
            (I'm coming back later tonight with comments covering Bounty, BG and Talion and I'll try to explain the Vala getting married and having children thing.)
            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Gorgeous gutter pics Wendy!!

And wow Vala's strong, she totally hauled Cam out of the Kawoosh. Sweet

I love Cam's speech, he's so eloquent and moving when he wants to be

*GASP* The guard's name is Jayem pronounced the exact same way as the character I created in Being Found, Jeim!!!!! I should so sue! You know, despite having created said character well after BG ever aired

Okay, done this episode, I won't bother you good people with an analysis of Bounty since I really didn't care much for that episode in how it dealt with Vala. I'll only repeat that the BEST acting in that episode is done by Lady with Stroller on the other side of the street after the pretty girl got smooshed by the big bus...that no one heard or saw coming...right
              Thanks Milena! I have to be useful for something around here

sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Morning Fruitcakes!
                I'm watching a Stargate Marathon. (Unfortunately they're up to a Jaffa epi. Boooring!)

More about Talion...
                I agree that Talion was the most gruesome episode. Tea'lc sucked at fighting because he had been shot twice or something before hand!
                Towards the end of the fight Arkaad tries to finish the job by stabbing Tea'lc in his stomach. I think Arkaad thought this would be the kill shot because normally Jaffa have their symbiote in their belly and this would usually be fatal. But Tea'lc no longer has Junior so he still had the strength to kill Arkaad.
                Oh, and I'm glad they didn't kill off Bra'tak as some of the fans feared.

Djay
                He's her Lobster!
                LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                  LOL...feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it when you're finished(are you past the part yet where Vala is experiencing the sensation of Daniel whispering in her ear?)
                  LC
                  (I'm coming back later tonight with comments covering Bounty, BG and Talion and I'll try to explain the Vala getting married and having children thing.)
                  Okay so answering my own post again...anyway here's an interesting quote from "Roswell" that explains WHY I thought the writers had a sypnosis of the episode but hadn't actually seen it.

Spoiler:

this is Vala's POV thought about the wisdom of borrowing Jack's collection of DVDs

"...were considerably more educational that Sol's collections of X-Files tapes"

I believe that Sol was only the name on the diner...Sal was the actual owner/manager right?

I'm not gonna give you the direct quotes about Vala's marriage/children because it's pretty important to how the plot is playing out at the end but I will say that Vala and Cameron were left in 1908 staying in the house of a character that the team all encountered when they arrived in 1908...SO C/V were forced for propriety sake to marry. I believe that Vala's comment to that necessity is something like "this is only pretend because I'm saving myself for Daniel".
                  It's not until almost the end of the book when the team is reunited in 1947 that is revealed that Vala has had two children in the intervening years and Daniel is the one to ask Cam "who's the father"...Cam evades answering by saying something like: "does that really matter at the moment"
                  Vala's attraction to Daniel is never in question, it's Daniel's feelings that are subtly hinted at.

So enough spoilers for everyone? lol
                  LC
                  sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

There's a lovely soppy vid about DV on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDlFfl1AZNo

(I think I'm in a soppy mood today)
                    Djay
                    He's her Lobster!
                    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Back again...didja miss me,lol. Anyway just gonna make some fast general comments about Bounty, BG and Talion because I think we're going to be hit soon by a fairly heavy T-storm so I'll have to close down when that happens.
                      (having preview this I realized it is extremely LONG so I'm going to put comments for each episode in individual 'spoilers').
                      Now everyone has posted all the best pictures from all of them...may I just say from the very shallow end of the Pond...'Bounty'= 'eye!candy'...gotta love those baby blues eh...and the...the T-shirt...and...and the jeans........................................................................... ......................
                      Oh I was saying something wasn't I? Um...yeah...I personally liked Vala in Bounty. What I didn't like was how no one in the rest of the team even tried to help her fit in...so of course she did what her research told was correct for where she was going and what she was going to...and the rest of her behaviour...well that was just Vala hiding behind all her defense mechanisms...until it was necessary for her to react to the 'bounty hunter' threat. [/s
                      As others here will atest I over-analyzed the last half of S10 to death and now after seeing it all again recently I have reached my final conclusions...you may have reason to want to throw stale fruitcakes at me...please don't...they hurt.
                      The 'affect-what' moment sends Daniel forward into the back half of S10 trying to find see something different in her behaviour...there are moments...(the 'Shroud') when he sees a seriousness in her attitude and respect for him that perhaps he didn't see before, BUT there are still moments when she's back to that 'flirty, sexual thing'...
                      Bounty
                      Spoiler:

starting with her flirting with Darrell in 'Bounty', which I am sure Daniel heard about from Cam when the team was back together...of course what Daniel didn't hear about because Cam wasn't aware of it was that Vala did nothing with Darrell except flirt...instead she stopped Darrell because she was 'supposed to tell him that she was married'...I've wondered about this out loud before...'supposed to' is defined in my dictionary as 'having an expectation of something'...so where did Vala get this expectation that she was to remember that she was married...perhaps it's an example of her own moral compass...which is good because that means that she won't fool around on Daniel.

BG
                      Spoiler:

So he's not all that happy with her to begin with at the start of BG because of her 'behaviour' at the reunion, then she unexpectedly shoots him down with the 'we're not stuck' comment...he's quite taken aback at that isn't he...and then on top of that, everyone else agrees that her reading of the situation is the correct one...hmmm...methinks there's some damaged ego coming into play with his attitude in this one.
                      The 'not thinking' exchange...I thought at first it could be a left over from a some other disagreement and it still could be, but it could be also that Daniel has said things out loud...vague things that she doesn't know how to take...hence we get 'say what you mean'...and of course what is the one thing these two are really bad at?...saying what they really mean..."Oh I don't think you want me starting that now."
                      And unfortunately that look they exchange at the couple making out reads to me like this: Vala finds the sight enjoyable and interesting and because she wants that enjoyable activity with Daniel she automatically glances at him...he's stunned by these two people making out in public(not comfortable with PDAs anyone?) and then I think he realizes that Vala is looking at him and he very slowly slides his gaze over to her...and there's that 'flirty, sexual thing' again...same old Vala.

Talion
                      Spoiler:

I was glad to see that things were better in "Talion" although there is nothing seen to indicate why...maybe he just decided that Adria was wrong and to let things between he and Vala continue how they had been before 'shroud' because through out Talion they are really in synch...that exchange in the forest I think was the first time she gave his...um...military?(not sure that's the right description but I think you get what I mean)opinions any respect.
                      And the 'ducks' comment was just...sweet...it's one of the Vala-isms that I really love...and I love that everyone who writes her uses it....and I love that Daniel is indulgent of it, gently correcting her.

And oh look, aren't you all lucky, the big T-storm didn't materialize and I didn't have stop rambling.
                      LC
                      sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Is there a chat tonight, or no?

sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                          Love the first pic Stef, she looks quite...relaxed (got to remember its a pg thread)
                          *blinks*
                          It is?

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                          Oh my goodness...I just came across this clip from Dragon Con with LD, MS, and CJ talking about...um...something. You just have to watch it: OH MY!

-Stef
                          *snort* Oh geez, I can't believe they went there. Ahh, gotta love CSI's ability to produce awkward conversations hehe.

Huh, Arquaad dying is soooo not credible...So far the fight has been 100% believable but now Teal'c gives him a small tap on the shoulder and the guy goes flying back hard enough onto NON-sharp protruding thingies that he gets impaled?? I think not... Omg that was disgusting, remind me never to watch this episode again
                          That was kind of my thoughts when I first saw this episode... I got a little squicked out at the end..
                          Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                            Is there a chat tonight, or no?
                            I'm not sure, I'm just watching Family Ties anyways, I kinda like the episode overall, and the beginning of it when Sam and Vala meet Mitchell in the hallway is hilarious..

sigpic
                            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                              I'm not sure, I'm just watching Family Ties anyways, I kinda like the episode overall, and the beginning of it when Sam and Vala meet Mitchell in the hallway is hilarious..
                              I really enjoyed this episode. There are some really great moments in it. The ending ROCKS and so does Fred Willard
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                I really enjoyed this episode. There are some really great moments in it. The ending ROCKS and so does Fred Willard
                                Yeah.. It's got a few spots I wasn't crazy with, but overall I really do like it. Glad I'm not alone in that.

And then of course there is the fact that Daniel and Cam show up in leather jackets and have I mentioned how much I love leather?

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X