Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    Holy Toledo Erin! Another chapter already? You're totally killing my record I just saw the new organization and I gotta say it's Very Well Done! Much easier to follow...okay enough babbling about the presentation, I'm off to actually read it!
    Sorry, most of it is already written, but I was feeding it to you all in pieces just in case you didn't like the taste. (It's late, my brain is tired, sorry about the metaphor). But yeah, this chapter's actually kinda long, love it, but long. And chapter 3 is one of my favorites, but I don't want to overload you all too much in one night.

~Erin

P.S. I should probably post it to the wider LJ daniel/vala community, but I know you guys better and I'm working up the nerve. After LJ daniel/vala maybe I'll get a ff.net account.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the sickness but I'm glad you're back online...as to the other comments -->
      Well I'm not staying...she tells me it'll be fine if I go to my own bed...so I guess I will....so g'night.
      LC
      (Oooo...so looking forward to BF three chapters from now.)
      sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
      http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
        Hmmm, WW, what are the ships? Could it be Josh and Donna? Super great show, 'nother reason why I like "Bad Guys" because Joshua Malina is a quest star.
        Yeah was talking about Josh and Donna, if you're a WW fan they are very frustrating for shippers, seriously.
        BTW Erin I'm so impressed with how quick you get your chapters out! Also that they are so good too!!!!!!!!! Nice work

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Sorry, most of it is already written, but I was feeding it to you all in pieces just in case you didn't like the taste. (It's late, my brain is tired, sorry about the metaphor). But yeah, this chapter's actually kinda long, love it, but long. And chapter 3 is one of my favorites, but I don't want to overload you all too much in one night.

~Erin

P.S. I should probably post it to the wider LJ daniel/vala community, but I know you guys better and I'm working up the nerve. After LJ daniel/vala maybe I'll get a ff.net account.
          Lol! I was just going to ask you if you'd gotten around to getting a FF.net account yet! And you should definitely post to the community, I've never gotten any mean reviews or comments or anything of the sort from the D/V community! And they aren't that numerous a bunch, most of them come here too so you probably know half the people in the community already! I just posted my newest chapter there, you can check out a good format for posting chapters there!

And thanks Susan!

And because my eyes have been starved for Dala goodness...
          Spoiler:

awww man, I just made myself tear up...The item inside the box bulges out a little at the top but kind of blends with the box because it's the same colour. I'm thinking an item of clothing or a blanket...now assuming that Vala's pregnant during Xmas, my brain is telling me that it could have been a blanket for the crib... Anyone else have a more cheerful thought than that? Anyone??
          ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

God that's depression Milena.

Hope this cheers you up

Banner by Stef
            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I know a bunch of you do graphics, I made a D/V banner and it just doesn't seem quite right to me, critique, anyone?

Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                Yeah was talking about Josh and Donna, if you're a WW fan they are very frustrating for shippers, seriously.
                BTW Erin I'm so impressed with how quick you get your chapters out! Also that they are so good too!!!!!!!!! Nice work
                OMG, I think I typed that Joshua Malina was a quest star...

Oh, and like I said before, the story's written, mostly, I'm just posting it in snippets. (That's a fun word, snippet)

But thank you so much for the kind words, they're like chocolate ((mmmm))

And I forget, DJgirl is Wendy, RinggoldGate is Susan, did you give us a nickname yet Crazy, cuz that's about as much as I can type

~Erin

Oh yeah, we were talking about "Origin".
                The lines I kinda like are something like...
                V: It's not my fault, curiosity is a part of human nature.

and

V: Read one, Daniel, I love a good yarn (and the way she says it with her accent makes it sound like yawn and I would really love a good yawn right about now)

Comment

Ah! All of these updates, I haven't even gotten around to reading the first parts of these things. Stupid video, dividing my attentions away from reading. Ugh, I also have to write some of my fic tonight....

Honestly Stef, I think somehow that we're kindred spirits because everything you just wrote up there (other than the use of Farenheit, we use Celsius ) is an exact description of my thoughts on both matters!

And where's that vid you promised?
                  We must be

Oh, it's on its way, it's on its way. I said 1-2 hours about a half an hour ago, didn't I? Still holds accurate at this point. Some people aren't as quick as you are at releasing new D/V goodness!

Ringgold you rock! Thanks so much for posting that, it IS the most adorable thing that she went to MS first...is it okay for me to pretend MS and CB don't have significant others and children and are thus free to pursue each other? *sigh* This is my X Files off-screen shippy mentality returning
                  Yeah, I always feel really bad when I see MS and CB in real life together because they seem so in tune with each other that I kind of wish the same thing. Of course, there's a reason why the US Weekly's of the world exist, and it's not just for the two of us. Still, anyone ever see the clips that were on YT (don't know if they still are) of MS and LD?? They're beyond adorable together. They were ribbing each other and having fun

Of course, all of this is to mask my not-so-secret desire to marry MS. It was only after seeing clips of him from conventions that I fell in love with him...anyone who can make me laugh deserves my devotion

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                  Here, about 100 miles north of Atlanta, we have been in a heat wave. Highs over 100 degress all week. Air condition never stops and you sweat just going outside. Husband watching the Bourne Indenity Movies for the first time. Son, lifequarding all day at the local pool. Me, taking a weekend of sleeping late, eating what I want before starting Special K diet on Monday, whole family watching High School Musical 2 together with popcorn. After everyone else is in the bed I'm Watching Promethus Unbound, Avalons, and Origin, while staying up all night talking to ya (southern Ya means you all). Having a Wonderful time.
                  Glad to hear it! 100 degrees? Ouch. If it's above 80 I'm uncomfortable

Aw, don't be afraid of the L/J community. I love it there...so great to have one place for all my D/V needs (not that this thread isn't wonderful...but the journal is more organized). Now if only someone had the savvy and determination to open up a D/V website. I tried many, many times but poor bandwidth/space and an utter lack of knowledge of basic coding really hurt me.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Odakota I don't do banners but I'd move the writing. Just a friendly suggestion
                    Erin and everyone else feel free to call me Cat

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                      I don't do banners but I'd move the writing. Just a friendly suggestion
                      Erin and everyone else feel free to call me Cat

Thanks! I'll try moving the text around, or maybe getting rid of it *ponders*
                      Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

awww man, I just made myself tear up...The item inside the box bulges out a little at the top but kind of blends with the box because it's the same colour. I'm thinking an item of clothing or a blanket...now assuming that Vala's pregnant during Xmas, my brain is telling me that it could have been a blanket for the crib... Anyone else have a more cheerful thought than that? Anyone??
                        Geez! Now I'm getting all sad thinking about how excited D/V probably were about having a baby...and how the miscarriage might have prevented Vala from ever being able to bear children again! Why? Why would you put that into my head?! You're cruel.

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                        I know a bunch of you do graphics, I made a D/V banner and it just doesn't seem quite right to me, critique, anyone?

Lovely! I like how you have D/V stand out in the corner (I love that pic). Question: where is this banner being used? It's a little too big for a message board...but it might work for LJ if that is your intent. As for a critique, I would crop some off of the top and move the quote down towards the bottom left hand corner. Not completely in the corner...but around that area. Is that what you're looking for...or am I being too nitpicky? It's still a good job! It actually looks like a miniaturized wallpaper

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Okay, so we have Cat, Susan...anyone else (I feel like there's someone else who's name has been shortned)? That's why I just made my name my handle. Partly because I was lazy and couldn't think of one...but also because if I did think of one, it would be way too long and I'd end up just having people call me Stef.

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            Geez! Now I'm getting all sad thinking about how excited D/V probably were about having a baby...and how the miscarriage might have prevented Vala from ever being able to bear children again! Why? Why would you put that into my head?! You're cruel.
                            I knooooooooww I'm horrible, I suck but that's why I had to post the message, I want someone to look and come up with a totally happy-go-lucky present to make up for it And as for the 'not-bearing-children' thing, don't worry, I've got a fic brewing that'll fix that, I promise! You'll be smiling for days...actually it gets sad toward the middle but it'll pick up again!

EDIT -> And Stef don't forget about one of our newest members Odakota aka Ren!
                            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

<snip>
                              And because my eyes have been starved for Dala goodness...
                              http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...10e20_0534.jpg
                              Aw, Milena, that is sad... and so darn probable... um *scratching head, thinking real hard* Well, now that we've pretty much come to a conclusion that she's pregnant in this scene and that the others know, it just seems so likely that the gift has to do with the baby.
                              ((need chocolate))

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...x2moredone.jpg
                              Hmm... well, I like the pictures and the fading too, Ren. Maybe someone else who knows more about manipulating pics can help.
                              EDIT: don't get rid of the writing, I kinda like it.

duh, Cat, you said that like 2 or 3 pages ago... I'm so sorry
                              It's probably a sign that I should it the hay,
                              ~Erin
                              Last edited by ErinB; 18 August 2007, 11:12 PM. Reason: cuz i'm tired

Comment

Yes, that was who I was thinking of...but I couldn't remember the nickname! Now I just have to remember who is who!

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X