• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okie doke, Ice cream's here, I'll see you guys a bit later *waves*
    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Before I start rambling on about other things, and working on other projects. Let me first post my "favorites" list...

Favorite Scene/Quote: Okay, technically not a D/V scene. But I LOVE beyond words this scene:

Spoiler:

ARLOS: How is she?
      MITCHELL: Who?
      ARLOS: VALA.

MITCHELL: We don't know any Vala.
      ARLOS: Then I'm afraid I can't help you.

MITCHELL: Ok! Maybe we know a Vala.
      ARLOS: I need to see her.
      JACKSON: Why?
      ARLOS: It's not what you think. I'm not after revenge. The truth is, the bracelets weren't the only thing she took from me. She also stole...

...my heart.
      MITCHELL: Excuse me?

ARLOS: I remember it as if it were yesterday. Some nights...we would steal away from the city, strip off our clothing and bathe in the springs of argotten. We would chase one another across the mossy hills and then lie naked under Adora's moons and Vala would sometimes....

MITCHELL: Ok! great, thanks. We got the picture. Very vivid, very disturbing picture.

ARLOS: Yes. Those were wonderful, carnal times.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just wanted to add how funny is Wallace Shawn? Love him in Princess Bride and Clueless.

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

More Scenes and quotes....

"Do you take me for a fool?" I don't know about then but I sure do. Nice job on the distraction boys" "oh THAT's what we were doing? You didn't want to let us in on your little plan?" " you would have just screwed it up."

"Our last encounter didn't exactly go as planned." "Let me guess you screwed them and now they want to kill you"

lying on the table again! credit cards. the poor women security guard. hitting daniel on the butt with the magazine. "I"M SO BORED *SMACK*" sitting on his glasses!!! "found your glasses" basically the whole scene. especially when she moves the artifact again after he stalks off. "we could be partners and split everything down the middle 60/40" "It was your own fault you missed the ship to atlantis.""YOU CUFFED US TOGETHER""you weren't paying attention at the time!"

Bedroom scene...
          "Isn't this my room?""No you're room is across the hall...with the..guard in front of it"
          "Shall we make the best of it?" "No we shalln't!"

How much of Vala's speech do you think is actually true anyways? about the village/fiance/etc....I personally think it's all true....she is one to exploit any resource she has to get what she wants..including her own past...she would know that that sort of story would get daniel's attention...
          My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by natalia View Post
            "YOU CUFFED US TOGETHER""you weren't paying attention at the time!"

"Shall we make the best of it?"
            "No we shalln't!"

How much of Vala's speech do you think is actually true anyways? about the village/fiance/etc....I personally think it's all true....she is one to exploit any resource she has to get what she wants..including her own past...she would know that that sort of story would get daniel's attention...
            Those are two of my favorite quotes

I agree about the speech. Someone put this question to JM awhile back on his blog, he answered that he kind of wrote/saw it as a little bit of both. That's either the truth or a cop-out

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The rest of my favs...

Vala's whole speech in washington about compensation. LOL. wicked outfit too (if anyone has a picture i don't have any on this computer)

mmm more leather....

Not D/V...but still funny
              Teal'c: "Colonel Mitchell at times your remind me of o'neill."
              Cam: "oh well I'll take that as a compliment"
              Teal'c: *confused* "as you wish..."

ok really how close does one have to snuggle to take off handcuffs ohhh vala i would do the same thing in your place....hooooottttt

"Daniel why don't you let me do it" "I can do it just do me a favor i need some help" "ok" "go to the panel by the rear exit" "ok now what" "stay there shut up and let me finish"

lovin vala's pro piloting/escape skills! and the cute little wave to teal'c at the end.

ok that's all I got. wish I had some pics on this comp to upload but sadly tis not so!

Comment

"Daniel why don't you let me do it" "I can do it just do me a favor i need some help" "ok" "go to the panel by the rear exit" "ok now what" "stay there shut up and let me finish"

lovin vala's pro piloting/escape skills! and the cute little wave to teal'c at the end.

ok that's all I got. wish I had some pics on this comp to upload but sadly tis not so!
                Here's my question, why is Daniel working on the panel??? Vala knows the ship, Vala understands the mechanics of the ship, yet our dear archaeologist is fiddling with the crystals??? Ok-ay.

Yeah, that little wave from Vala to Teal'c was adorable. I sense a genuine fondness between those two even then

Some more fun pictures:

Love this picture of the Vala and the boys...
                Spoiler:

Looks like a little triangle developing here. I don't recall seeing this scene...
                Spoiler:

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Here's my question, why is Daniel working on the panel??? Vala knows the ship, Vala understands the mechanics of the ship, yet our dear archaeologist is fiddling with the crystals??? Ok-ay.
                  Cause he's trying to prove how macho he is for vala "hunny can I help you with that, you don't seem to know what you're doing" "NO *grunt* i've got it. don't insult my manliness! go make dinner or something *grunt*"
                  heeheehee

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Looks like a little triangle developing here. I don't recall seeing this scene...
                  http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...1-904-0049.jpg
                  hmm me either...and i JUST watched the whole episode. weird. but very cute!

Comment

I honestly wouldn't know which one to choose! Anyway I think that most of Vala's speech was true, at least that's how my fic is going to go. I think that Vala and Teal'c have a special bond, being two aliens on Earth.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Not actually Ties That Bind related but just wondering if any of you have read the new sg1 book Roswell with vala in it.
                      http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...LvobuwJHA7A%3d
                      just wondering if there's and D/V to look out for in that one!

Comment

Not actually Ties That Bind related but just wondering if any of you have read the new sg1 book Roswell with vala in it.
                        http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...LvobuwJHA7A%3d
                        just wondering if there's and D/V to look out for in that one!
                        Link isn't working but I know I haven't read it.

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Yeah, I happen to be of the opinion that Vala was drawing from her own life experiences for that speech. I know she's a good liar, but the way it all played out seemed like it might have been a little too detailed and thought-out to be a spur of the moment lie on her part. She may have added some details but I think the core of what she was saying was true. Which makes it all the more sad Poor, poor Vala.

Yeah, I've always liked Teal'c/Vala. They're just such different personalities...but they seem to get on well I see him like a big brother in many ways. Especially when her dad stopped by...his subtle little threat to Jacek was so sweet Always looking after our dear Vala!

-Stef

Comment

I talked to someone about that book when it came out....they said it was pretty good. Don't think there was a lot of D/V....more Cam/Vala than anything else if I recall correctly.

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                              Link isn't working but I know I haven't read it.
                              well that's odd. works for me so i'm not sure how to fix it well if you really want to have a gander it's a pretty quick find on amazon or chapters.com/ca
                              just search sg1 (it's new..) or roswell and you should find it

and I agree Stef poor Vala! she's got to be quite the trooper to still be standing after all she's been through (one of the many reasons i love that character)

Kind of a bummer that there isn't too much D/V in that new book...hopefully we'll get some in another novel!

Comment

This a recently released one right? haven't seen any Stargate books in any local book stores. Have come across one in the city but none that feature Cam and/or Vala. Are these new?

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X