Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    I think staying up so late had some ugly ramifications on our health...so same time tonight?
    Yup

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hopefully I will be able to stay up for at least part of the Origin talk tonight. I even took a small nap
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

What time is the Origin discussion?
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
          What time is the Origin discussion?
          Hey Ren!! If we hold true to tradition, it'll be starting at midnight. That's in 4 and half hours, for reference to your timezone
          ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Hey Ren!! If we hold true to tradition, it'll be starting at midnight. That's in 4 and half hours, for reference to your timezone
            yay! That actually works well for me, provided nothing crazy happens between now and then, heh.
            Hrmm.. 4 whole hours, whatever will I do with all that time? :grin:
            How goes writing?

sigpic
            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

yay! That actually works well for me, provided nothing crazy happens between now and then, heh.
              How goes writing?
              The writing is done Just editing now, should be done in a few hours

Thanks again Truskawka for teaching me about the smilies!!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

We got 8 members in here already. Looks like people are just waiting for the party to get started!

What can we do in the mean time? Any fun little game?

We could do the Alphabet game. Either post a picture or a word that corresponds to D/V. We could do a couple posts per letter? Just a thought!
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                  <snip>
                  Dayshift in which timezone?
                  Oops, well, yeah, I'm an idiot

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  <snip>
                  That sounds good. So, we have consensus it seems on the inclusion of "Crusade" at least. "Camelot" yay or nay? I say we keep all of season 10. After all, we're all Vala fans here too...we can discuss her (and her motivations...maybe regarding Daniel?)
                  <snip>

-Stef
                  Hmmm, well, I don't remember a whole lot of D/V in "Camelot" except for Vala's gorgeous picture at the end - which we could tack on to the beginning of "Flesh and Blood", maybe?

~Erin

P.S. ooh my sig's gonna shop up in this post Thanks, Stef, for letting me snurch these banners!

Comment

You're welcome Although, I think you may have to put one of those banners in spoilers because you're technically only allowed to have a sig that's around 700x200 People often get around that by just putting one in spoiler brackets underneath their regular one Or you could always do my method...rotating banners. It's pretty easy to do. Just go HERE.

I'll probably be heading out for a little bit to watch Dreamgirls, but I'll be back in time for the "Origin" discussion...although I think I should probably watch it first since I don't remember a whole lot about that episode

Sorry for the "daytime" versus "nighttime" idea. I believe that started with me. We used to use that awhile ago...I always took the "nighttime" shift and then would pass it off to, what I considered, the "daytime" shift. Although, internationally it's harder to do because, well, sometimes it's daytime when it's nighttime here. So very confusing!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Milena I'm good for a game, I'm just sitting here reading fics and waiting for the party lol.

sigpic
                      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                        We got 8 members in here already. Looks like people are just waiting for the party to get started!

We could do the Alphabet game. Either post a picture or a word that corresponds to D/V. We could do a couple posts per letter? Just a thought!
                        That's a great idea DJ, especially now that we have 10 people! Would it have to be a D/V pic or a pic of anything that relates to the idea of D/V?

Why don't you start one, I'll try to get the idea.

3.5 hours till Origin!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                          Nope, never read a Dune book. I didn't see the original movie, Dune, so I can't discuss that. But after watching the mini recently of, it just seems like the female characters are all villainous/crazy/irrational, there to service the men's stories, or all-together pointless (can someone please explain to me what Leto's sister actually does other than support her brother?). Maybe if I had read the books, my interpretation would be different.

That is all for now. Time for some video-editing and a handful of Vitamin C to counteract my cold.

-Stef
                          Oh my my my, sorry if I get a little defensive but Dune is my all time favorite piece of literature and sci-fi so I have to defend it to the death!

Ok, you really can't get any perspective without having seen the first mini or read the books. For instance, Alia is a villain, but how she becomes that way is actually quite heartbreaking and all the fault of her foolish mother. I have tons of sympathy for Alia even though she goes insane and tries to destroy every good thing in her life. Even though if you directly match characters from Dune to Star Wars, Paul would be Vader, I think Alia is also a lot of what inspired Anakin Skywalker's turn to the darkside.

As for Ghani, she has a MUCH bigger part in the book Children of Dune, but actually her roll is to support her brother. Leto II is the most important person in the entire universe at that time, and his plan to set the Golden Path in motion is extremely important, so Ghani, being really the only other person alive who understands what Leto is trying to achieve, is the only one who can help him with what he's going through. Ghani is not meant to be a pivotal character aside from the fact that she bears the Atreides heirs, but she is very important to Leto. In the book Ghani is much more strong willed and fights her marriage to Farad'n until the very last moment. She doesn't walk on egg shells around Alia or try to hide the fact that her aunt is possessed either.

Irulan too got kinda shafted in Children of Dune, but she has a great part in the Dune mini, and has always been one of my favorites.

Jessica, well she's a little crazy, a little villainous and a lot regretful. Jessica ruined the lives of her two children and has lost a lot over the 20 years spanning between Dune and Children of Dune. Her actions at this point are simply what needs to get done, which is pretty sad, but none the less she is still an extremely strong character.

Ack! Look at me rambling. Oh well, I do hope you read the books or at least watch the other miniseries.

Comment

That's a great idea DJ, especially now that we have 10 people! Would it have to be a D/V pic or a pic of anything that relates to the idea of D/V?

Why don't you start one, I'll try to get the idea.

3.5 hours till Origin!
                            It can be in the picture with D/V, relate to D/V or be D/V itself We will probably have to get creative with some of the letters!

A-Apple

sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

How goes writing?
                              Well, it's already quarter to two in the morning here... Someone state what timezone we're using as standard! That way we all know exactly what's happening, when, relative to where we are!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

Ooh... I like this idea!

B... Banter!
                              sigpic
                              Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

B: BARS

Djay
                                He's her Lobster!
                                LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Working...
                                X