No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks for all of the great comments and shows of support guys!! It's so nice to see that when it really matters, we can all stick together and support one another

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
    Everybody here that MS will be guest starring on Eureka? Never watched the show but thought it was worth noting. Can anyone give me a recommendation on the show?
    Oops, forgot to answer your question!! I started watching last fall (I had to download the entire season), and I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say the show is as addictive as either of the Stargates or BSG, but it's an entertaining diversion to say the least I'd recommend giving it a try.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I am just here dropping off my 5 stars! Thanks guys.

Comment

It's so nice to see us all getting along, thanks for the votes! I added mine (I didn't even know I could do that until now!!).

Thank you to Stef for the banner

Comment

Okay, so I was thinking that we should start a game. Bare with me, here's my idea...

Each day we should focus on one episode, starting with PU. On those designated days, each of us will post a.) our favorite scene b.) our favorite quote and c.) our favorite picture/screen capture. Those should be the basics, but if you have art, videos, anecdotes, fics, random observations, funny pictures, etc relating to the episode you can post those as well

What does everyone think? If we do it, I don't think we should start today (because it's already half over!) or anything, each episode deserves a full day to itself! I just think it would be a nice way to keep discussions going and have some fun.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fabulous idea Stef! I'm up for that!
            sigpic
            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Okay, so I was thinking that we should start a game. Bare with me, here's my idea...

Each day we should focus on one episode, starting with PU. On those designated days, each of us will post a.) our favorite scene b.) our favorite quote and c.) our favorite picture/screen capture. Those should be the basics, but if you have art, videos, anecdotes, fics, random observations, funny pictures, etc relating to the episode you can post those as well

What does everyone think? If we do it, I don't think we should start today (because it's already half over!) or anything, each episode deserves a full day to itself! I just think it would be a nice way to keep discussions going and have some fun.

-Stef

I love it!! I'm game.
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Hiya. I think I may have posted here about seven hundred pages ago or something, but just wanted to pop my head in and say hi as I dropped off a few stars. Hope no-one's been too scarred by recent events. GW can be a great place to hang out, if you meet the right people
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Ah ha!! DONE! Bye-bye summer school!! Thanks for wishing me luck Stef, I think I might be needing it, I was so tired I think parts of my fics might have snuck into my essay questions...

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                  200 was one of my fav episodes that wasn't D/V related, love how they poked fun at so much, or mocked everything but did it somewhat subtlety.
                  Anyway I've finally worked out how to capture and post my own pics so here's the first

Good job CrazyLikeaFox! I should get the program and start myself

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post
                  Haven't been here for some time
                  Had a filesystem corruption on hard drive... lost 400GB of data as a result and had to switch back to Windows
                  I had some new videos on that hard drive that I had almost finished editing but now they're gone with all uncompressed source material
                  Omg Tonttu, my blood ran cold reading about a 400GB loss Now I'm getting paranoid cuz my laptop isn't so great, I'm emailing myself with every word I've ever written I hope you're able to find most of what you've lost or make it again!

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                  but now some happy theme!!
                  after all the sigs posted here, i have to post my new one too just made it

Gorgeous sig, sg-daniel, it's simple and beautiful!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

I think I am going to have to get off the computer and finish my housework so I can sit down and start watching Firefly. If so many people liked it, why did it last only 11 eps? *shrugs*
                  I'm pretty sure I have 14 episodes...I haven't watched them yet but I have it written down as 1-14.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                  Hi, new to posting but have been around for over a year. Had to sign up so I could tell everyone that I am going to DragonCon in Atlanta. Saw that some Daniel/Vala fans might be going since Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are both going to be there. I'll probably go for Saturday and Sunday. They list Michael Shanks in the Stargate Panel but since Claudia Black is a recent addition they don't have her listed on the panel yet. Hope she is included. I noticed that many of the Farscape stars are going to be there also. I wonder what part of the Con they will be in and is Claudia going to be part of that also? Who else is going here from Gateworld?

Stef, is anyone using this banner? Let me know if they are and suggest one I could use. Thanks, Thanks,.....
                  Welcome RinggoldGate!!

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                  K it looks like my fic With Or Without You has been nominated horray.

For those of you who haven't read it, you can find it here or here, whichever is easier for you to read.

It's most likely going to be in the Humor category.
                  Congratulations iheartvala!!! I didn't remember it from the title but I read a few lines and remembered that I actually have all of it in my browser's favourites! It's definitely deserving of many nominations!!

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                  Hi all:
                  Got my email from the Stargate Fan Awards too, YAY!. Congrats to the others who were also nominanted. Hope you get yours soon Stef, 'cuz while I haven't seen many of your vids, what I have seen I've liked much and your banners etc are always impressive.

So Chapter 6 of my 'First Day' series has been posted at:

http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...ze=0&chapter=6

Enjoy. Just one more and 24 hours will have passed.
                  LC
                  Congratulations LC!! And I just read Chapter 6, Awesome!!
                  Spoiler:
                  I love reconciliations and make-out scenes are always fun!!
                  I can't wait for the next chapter though I'm sad it'll be the last But I totally understand your reasons for not continuing it, fics can be all-consuming.

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                  I've got the opposite problem, Stef. I can't fall asleep at night 'cuz every time I close my eyes I see another scene for my fic. I think it was Milena, who said Daniel and Vala just kinda write themselves. Well, in my case she's right, I can't get these two to shut up at night. The worst of it is, I end up having the worst headaches at work the next day 'cuz I only got 5 or 6 hours of sleep.
                  LOL I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!! I thought I was just a tad too obsessed I may go to bed at 3am but I don't sleep until 5am because I'm rerunning scenes in my head to write (that's how I just got the next chapter of Perchance to Live figured out actually )

Oh well, I'm gonna get started on writing my next chapter, I just don't know which story I should start with, Being Found, MoL or Perchance to Live...anyone have a preference?

And I'm probably not on the right day anymore but Happy Birthday Gioia!!!

Oh!! And thanks to all the Sam fans who came with kind words and awesome friendly attitudes!! If anyone could tell me how to give them stars, I'd really appreciate it!
                  ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                    Ah ha!! DONE! Bye-bye summer school!! Thanks for wishing me luck Stef, I think I might be needing it, I was so tired I think parts of my fics might have snuck into my essay questions...

Good job CrazyLikeaFox! I should get the program and start myself

Omg Tonttu, my blood ran cold reading about a 400GB loss Now I'm getting paranoid cuz my laptop isn't so great, I'm emailing myself with every word I've ever written I hope you're able to find most of what you've lost or make it again!

Gorgeous sig, sg-daniel, it's simple and beautiful!

I'm pretty sure I have 14 episodes...I haven't watched them yet but I have it written down as 1-14.

Welcome RinggoldGate!!

Congratulations iheartvala!!! I didn't remember it from the title but I read a few lines and remembered that I actually have all of it in my browser's favourites! It's definitely deserving of many nominations!!

Congratulations LC!! And I just read Chapter 6, Awesome!!
                    Spoiler:
                    I love reconciliations and make-out scenes are always fun!!
                    I can't wait for the next chapter though I'm sad it'll be the last But I totally understand your reasons for not continuing it, fics can be all-consuming.

LOL I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!! I thought I was just a tad too obsessed I may go to bed at 3am but I don't sleep until 5am because I'm rerunning scenes in my head to write (that's how I just got the next chapter of Perchance to Live figured out actually )

Oh well, I'm gonna get started on writing my next chapter, I just don't know which story I should start with, Being Found, MoL or Perchance to Live...anyone have a preference?

And I'm probably not on the right day anymore but Happy Birthday Gioia!!!

Oh!! And thanks to all the Sam fans who came with kind words and awesome friendly attitudes!! If anyone could tell me how to give them stars, I'd really appreciate it!
                    Oh...it is 14 eps? I knew there weren't very many. Thanks for that, I will have to look at all the covers when I get to the rental store tonight
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Wow I missed some stuff. You guys have no idea how frelling crazy I am going with no internet @ home. Pic run pic run and in honor of Stef's sugestion some of my favorite moments of D&V

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

It's all about flocking.. and togetherness. I'm usually found swimming around at Sam/Jack, but have come to visit the Daniel/Vala folks to drop off some excellent stars. Hopefully the madness has been voted off the island.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          It's all about flocking.. and togetherness. I'm usually found swimming around at Sam/Jack, but have come to visit the Daniel/Vala folks to drop off some excellent stars. Hopefully the madness has been voted off the island.
                          Yeah I am hoping that too. Dropping all the 5 star rating Thanks guys

Comment

<snip>

BEING FOUND!!!!!!
                            can't wait to read more of that!
                            (i'm the one who commented about taking the story to my cottage (didn't have Livejournal so I had to be anonymous!). I did take it by the way. I was reading on the dock so long i got a sunburn. ouch)
                            and then when you're done that...MoL! cause i'm also addicted to that
                            write write write! can't wait to read more it's awesome

out for now!

natalia
                            My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

-Stef
                              Brilliant idea Stef, I LOVE IT! I say we start tomorrow.

Ooh thank you! Lovely hearing congrats from someone I consider one of the D/V ship's greatest contributors.

And I know I'm a little late to the game, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIOIA!

Thanks again to all the Samanda fans for the stars and the support!

Comment

*sneaks into thread* Hi! I'm just dropping in to spread the love. Five stars!
                                (((V/D Shippers)))

*scampers back to her own corner of the GW universe*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X