Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
    I got nominated for a Stargate Fan Award! YAY!

This is awesome and thanks so much to whoever nominated me, I am truly honored to be considered among such greats!

And welcome RinggoldGate and anyone else who is new who I forgot to welcome!

Congrats iheartvala!!

WOOHOO for us, 15000 posts!!!!

I know all about the writers block. I have involved myself in two projects at the moment and both are at a complete standstill because I just have nothing. I need some plot bunnies and they all must be running around in someone else's office One of the stories, is going to be GREAT!!! I should have written down what I had in mind last week for Chapter 2, but didn't have time and then I lost where I was going with it.

Maybe if you give us a hint as to what you were thinking of doing next stef, we can help you
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Hey people!
      Don't have enough time to catch up but while I was giving the pages a glance, I saw wonderful banners!!
      Nice jobs for everyone!!!
      sigpic
      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

This is awesome and thanks so much to whoever nominated me, I am truly honored to be considered among such greats!

Congratulations! These pics are for you

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        Hi, new to posting but have been around for over a year. Had to sign up so I could tell everyone that I am going to DragonCon in Atlanta. Saw that some Daniel/Vala fans might be going since Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are both going to be there. I'll probably go for Saturday and Sunday. They list Michael Shanks in the Stargate Panel but since Claudia Black is a recent addition they don't have her listed on the panel yet. Hope she is included. I noticed that many of the Farscape stars are going to be there also. I wonder what part of the Con they will be in and is Claudia going to be part of that also? Who else is going here from Gateworld?

Stef, is anyone using this banner? Let me know if they are and suggest one I could use. Thanks, Thanks,.....
        WELCOME!
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

K it looks like my fic With Or Without You has been nominated horray.

For those of you who haven't read it, you can find it here or here, whichever is easier for you to read.

It's most likely going to be in the Humor category.
          Good story. I can see why it was nominated. You are a good writer... humor is good

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
            Thanks for those MAD!! Does she actually kiss his forehead in that scene? I can't remember. It sure looks like she should!!!! Now I will have to go home and watch that scene over after work.

Gioia, *tacklehugs*. How's it going? I have been kind of busy and the plot bunny escaped me for a while, but I think I have it back Will see what I can do with it.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
              Thanks for those MAD!! Does she actually kiss his forehead in that scene? I can't remember. It sure looks like she should!!!! Now I will have to go home and watch that scene over after work.

Gioia, *tacklehugs*. How's it going? I have been kind of busy and the plot bunny escaped me for a while, but I think I have it back Will see what I can do with it.
              No, we can't see those scene in the ep, the forehead pic is from this magazine...I have just received it, from Usa to Italy just 5 days Amazing!

Here is the link to Titan website...
              http://www.titanmagazines.com/app
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Hi, new to posting but have been around for over a year. Had to sign up so I could tell everyone that I am going to DragonCon in Atlanta. Saw that some Daniel/Vala fans might be going since Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are both going to be there. I'll probably go for Saturday and Sunday. They list Michael Shanks in the Stargate Panel but since Claudia Black is a recent addition they don't have her listed on the panel yet. Hope she is included. I noticed that many of the Farscape stars are going to be there also. I wonder what part of the Con they will be in and is Claudia going to be part of that also? Who else is going here from Gateworld?
                hey welcome to the thread!!
                mike and claudia at the same con? THATS AWESOME! i want to be there too sometimes it really sucks being on the other side of the world *hmpf*

Congrats on 1000 posts iheartvala!! go girl!!
                and also Congrats to us all!! for reaching 15.000 posts full of d/v love!

btw. thanks girls for the compliments on my newest sig *hugs*!

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                  No, we can't see those scene in the ep, the forehead pic is from this magazine...I have just received it, from Usa to Italy just 5 days Amazing!
                  http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6484/news414mu3.jpg
                  Here is the link to Titan website...
                  http://www.titanmagazines.com/app
                  Oh thanks!! I have that issue at home. How the heck did I miss those pictures *scratches head* I will have to look back through it.

Thanks MAD!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Stef, is anyone using this banner? Let me know if they are and suggest one I could use. Thanks, Thanks,.....

I wish I could go there but living on the other side of the world

Congrats for the nomination

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                    Hey guys we hit 15000 posts!!!!!

Congrats to the Daniel/Vala thread

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...snap-30182.png
                    sigpic
                    Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Yay for us on 15,000 posts!!!

As for that fic, well, the next chapter I'm working on his where D/V tell both Landry and the team about the baby (what is it with me and breaking the news?). I kind of know that I want Landry to be protective of Vala (because I see him as a father figure), but I can't seem to write a conversation there....even the tail-end of one--which I'd rather do. Bleh.

Oh, and does anyone know how one would portray "banter" and "practical jokes" in art form? Those were my prompts for this John/Vala thing and now I'm beginning to think mine isn't really suited for it....anyone want to look and tell me what you think? Maybe if I had a better caption??
                      Spoiler:

Sorry, that's a little OT but you guys are usually so helpful and creative, I thought I'd ask

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Yay for us on 15,000 posts!!!

As for that fic, well, the next chapter I'm working on his where D/V tell both Landry and the team about the baby (what is it with me and breaking the news?). I kind of know that I want Landry to be protective of Vala (because I see him as a father figure), but I can't seem to write a conversation there....even the tail-end of one--which I'd rather do. Bleh.

Oh, and does anyone know how one would portray "banter" and "practical jokes" in art form? Those were my prompts for this John/Vala thing and now I'm beginning to think mine isn't really suited for it....anyone want to look and tell me what you think? Maybe if I had a better caption??
                        Spoiler:

Sorry, that's a little OT but you guys are usually so helpful and creative, I thought I'd ask

-Stef
                        With the banner...I think it looks great. I would either stick with the caption you have, or nothing at all. If you were trying to portray it as more of a joke, then I would maybe stick in very silly pics of them. For instance, there are pics out there of both Vala and Sheppard chewing on hay(I think I have both if you need them) Then maybe that would show the more joke side of it *shrugs shoulders* I think what you have is beautiful!!

I sat pondering for half hour last night on what to put on my Sparky one. I guess I am pleased with it, but I am thinking that maybe I should have just left it without a caption all together.

I will have to get back to you on my thoughts on this fic. I need to think about it for a minute.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

With the banner...I think it looks great. I would either stick with the caption you have, or nothing at all. If you were trying to portray it as more of a joke, then I would maybe stick in very silly pics of them. For instance, there are pics out there of both Vala and Sheppard chewing on hay(I think I have both if you need them) Then maybe that would show the more joke side of it *shrugs shoulders* I think what you have is beautiful!!

I sat pondering for half hour last night on what to put on my Sparky one. I guess I am pleased with it, but I am thinking that maybe I should have just left it without a caption all together.

I will have to get back to you on my thoughts on this fic. I need to think about it for a minute.
                          Ooh, that's a BRILLIANT idea!! I have both of those pictures too....excellent *she says maniacally*

Yeah, I know the feeling. I always want to put some sort of writing on my banners, or else I feel likes it's missing something, but then I don't feel like it's working perfectly. My own Sparky one is an example of that.

Okay, so I'm slightly puzzled right now. About two months ago, I got a LJ comment from someone at those Stargate Fan Awards telling me I was nominated for a vid and that they needed my e-mail address...but it looks like they sent out confirmation letters and I didn't get any. Normally, I'd just assume I wasn't nominated for anything, but the fact I already knew I was confuses me...*shrugs*

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            Ooh, that's a BRILLIANT idea!! I have both of those pictures too....excellent *she says maniacally*

Yeah, I know the feeling. I always want to put some sort of writing on my banners, or else I feel likes it's missing something, but then I don't feel like it's working perfectly. My own Sparky one is an example of that.

Okay, so I'm slightly puzzled right now. About two months ago, I got a LJ comment from someone at those Stargate Fan Awards telling me I was nominated for a vid and that they needed my e-mail address...but it looks like they sent out confirmation letters and I didn't get any. Normally, I'd just assume I wasn't nominated for anything, but the fact I already knew I was confuses me...*shrugs*

-Stef

That is very puzzling. Maybe you should shoot them an email?!?!

Since we are throwing out banners for constructive citicism, here are my Sparky and S/J banners....you think I should drop the caption on the Sparky one?

Spoiler:

sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks for the congrats everyone and Yay us for 15,000 posts!

Stef
                              , have you tried emailing the fan awards team? Here's the contact page on their site: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/main/contact.php

Comment

Okay, first off I thought I'd just subtly pimp a link to the stuff I made for Kales at this John/Vala thing Nothing romantic...or graphic...just good fun! My post can be found HERE.

Since we are throwing out banners for constructive citicism, here are my Sparky and S/J banners....you think I should drop the caption on the Sparky one?
                                I think the caption works fine in the Sparky one. I don't see anything wrong with it I would keep it...but it's up to you.

Originally posted by QueenQetesh
                                Please let it be that they just haven't sent out all the letters. Of the one's I have heard they have been fiction. Has anyone got one for video's yet? You have the best videos and the new trailer for Ark of Truth is great. I'll pray for good things for you. Love from Queenqetesh to the Talented Stef.
                                Thanks Maybe that's it. You know, I'm kind of sad because what I think are two of my best vids, AoT trailer and "Everything Burns," were made after the deadline, so they can't be nominated

Stef[/B], have you tried emailing the fan awards team? Here's the contact page on their site: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/main/contact.php
                                I'm not overly worried. If I don't get contacted in the next couple of days, I'll probably just e-mail them to see what's up.

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X