X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drabble Prompt #4
    It's Complicated

Spoiler:

It had taken Cam a full week to muster up enough courage to corner Sam after catching her and General O'Neill red-handed. “Hey Sam, got a minute?”

“Sure.”

He waited until she gave him her full attention. “So, um, I was wondering about something.”

“What is it, Cam?”

“Last week when General O'Neill was here… and you two… you know, in the gear-up room,” he stammered nervously. “I mean, I’d heard rumors but I didn’t think you would… Not that I’m saying you are! But… I guess it’s complicated, eh?”

Instead of upset, Sam seemed amused. “We’re married, Cam.”

“Oh.”

Still nothing yet for #3...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

“What’cha doin’?”
      “You remember when Merrin showed me how to build a naquadah reactor? Well, I’m going off her plans to build our own.”
      “So, how is it going?
      “Well, sir, it’s complicated.”

sigpic

Comment

Drabble Prompt #3
        To Oz

Spoiler:

Sam was in awe of the gleaming towers of the Ancient city. She had been here before but now it would be her home, and her responsibility. Standing on her private balcony her gaze swept the horizon.

Streaks of sunlight radiating off the silver spires, dancing with shimmer and shadow from the waters below, which gave the city an almost emerald hue.

She returned to her unpacking. Her fingers caught on something she did not remember adding, a picture with a note that read:

“There’s no place like home. Love, Jack.”

For her office she decided with a satisfied smile.

Comment

Everyone's so fast with this prompt! I'm feeling the pressure...
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            Everyone's so fast with this prompt! I'm feeling the pressure...
            Aw, don't worry about it! Just take your time, I'm sure it'll be worth it

*continues to think on #3*
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
              My To Oz drabble
              Spoiler:

The blast from the weapon had hit so fast, that despite her best efforts, Sam couldn’t avoid the danger. A million flashes filtered through her subconscious, her family and her friends. Tears began to pool against her fading eyes as his apparition appeared. His voice was soft and calming as he gently placed his hand in hers.
              Her breathing became shallower
              “You know we never did get that honeymoon, even after all these years.”
              Jack leaned in to kiss her forehead and whispered the very last words she’ll ever hear.
              “Time to go to Oz love. I’ll see you soon.”
              Noooooooo!!!!! *cries* - and greens, well done.

So many great "It's complicated" drabbles already, you guys are so talented and I've greened where I could.

I'm going to put on my thinking cap hoping it'll help me come up with a gif for today's prompt

Comment

Guys, no time to catch up right now but I will.

Just wanted to drop off my Oz drabble so that I don't end up missing any.

To Oz

Jack wanted to spend his birthday quietly; felt way past the days of making a fuss over it.

Sam had acquiesced.

No fancy presents.

No party.

No fuss.

Surviving the Air Force, aliens, Kinsey; and having Samantha Carter as his wife were gifts enough. No challenging these odds.

Returning home from his evening run he found a yellow box sitting on their bed.

Opening it, the General laughed out loud. Inside were three pairs of briefs each with Wizard of Oz characters standing on a curiously positioned yellow brick road.

Sam’s handwritten card read ‘Take me to Oz baby’
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Drabble Prompt #3
                  To Oz

Spoiler:

Jack waited until Mitchell ran off in shock before turning to his lovely wife. “No giggling, Carter.”

Sam's face was turned into his neck and her reply was muffled. “Sorry… I told you this was a bad idea.”

“What, because of Mitchell? Pshaw!” He shrugged it off and released her. “You were going to have to tell him eventually.”

She smiled and finished gearing up. “I guess so. When I get back I’ll spend the weekend in DC with you.”

Grinning at the prospect, Jack pulled her in a for a quick kiss. “Okay, off to Oz you go, Dorothy!”

There! All caught up now. It looks like my drabbles have become a little series in their own universe...
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

There! All caught up now. It looks like my drabbles have become a little series in their own universe...
                    I thought of doing that, but they just didn't fit the prompts as well as yours did!
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Finally! I've bowed to the pressure! Here's my drabble for 'It's complicated'.

Spoiler:
                      “Uh, it’s-”

“-complicated.”

“Right.”

“It’s not what you think, Dad.”

“If by that you mean just having seen you and Jack in a position that I really shouldn’t even be-”

“Dad!”

“You know what, Jacob? It’s exactly what you think it is.”

“…excuse me?”

“Well, technically, we wouldn’t be in this position if you hadn’t ordered us to sit down and drink that funky Tok’ra…thing and watch that…that funny dance!”

“So you’re saying it’s indirectly my fault for getting the both of you to stop behaving like squabbling kids?”

“What do you think, Dad?”

“No! We never said that! Sir!”
                      Last edited by Ikorni; 16 July 2013, 08:57 AM.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        I thought of doing that, but they just didn't fit the prompts as well as yours did!
                        Funny, isn't it? We all use the same prompts and yet our minds interpret it differently and come up with completely different drabbles/art!
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

it seems I have my own little fluffy universe too

IT'S COMPLICATED

Spoiler:

“Damn it! It’s too complicated.”

Jack looked at Sam, who was clearly on the verge of tears.

“You don’t necessarily have to do it.” He replied aware of her current fragile emotional state.

“I know. It’s just that my mum made a baby quilt for me. I wanted to do the same for our baby, to show her how much she means to me, but I can’t! What kind of mother am I going to be?”

He gathered her in his arms and told her “Sam, you will be a great mum. Believe me. You just have to be YOU.”
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            The Shipper talent on display is very impressive. I'm loving all of it!

I still have to write my Oz drabble, but I wanted to get the next prompt out first.

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #4
                            It's Complicated
                            Complicated Drabble
                            Spoiler:

“It’s not that complicated”

“It so is.”

“Says the woman who blew up a sun, commanded Atlantis for a year and is now in command of one of Earth’s most powerful battle cruiser..”

“and How many times have you done this?”

“oh you know…Just that one time.”

“Alright General O’Neill, what do you think of this now?”

“I think it needs more peridot.”

“I told you it’s not going to be green.”

“And like I told you, do you really think the kid is going to care what color it is.”

“Not peridot”

“Fine. It's Complicated. You Happy now?”

"Yes."
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 16 July 2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

It's complicated drabble.

Spoiler:
                              “Hey Sam, how was your week…. Off? Whoa. What happened to you?” Daniel laughed as he looked up to see his sunburnt friend standing in his office doorway.

“I got burnt while reading a book outside,” she shrugged, her voice soft and full of embarrassment as she gazed around the room.

“But we’ve had rain here all week,” he said slowly.

“I know,” she said, a tight smile on her face. “It’s complicated,” she sighed.

“Daniel,” Jack smiled as he walked into the room, his skin darker than the week before.

“You went to the cabin with Jack didn’t you?”

Yeah... Sam is me as of yesterday... I'm my own space heater!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Nola
                              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Drabble Prompt #4
                                It's Complicated

100 frames gif, clickable thumbnail:

Spoiler:

Well, in regard to the jealousy part - I know it's not a thing that defines their relationship at all - I just like Sam's reaction to seeing Jack with Kerry - she is after all engaged to at this point - and it gave me a chance to recycle some old grabs
                                Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 16 July 2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X