Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i remember reading a fic some years ago, where sam had died on a mission and the asgard cloned her (this wasn't even the main part of the fic). i also remember being very bothered by it then, b/c i felt that it was a 'fake' sam coming back. but...

i now view it as... our body is just a vessel to hold our souls, our spirits. the asgard would merely would make a duplicate body to hold sam's spirit.

of course it wouldn't be that easy for anyone involved in the story, but i'd have it that sam does, indeed, take the clone body.

(and jack has his body cloned too, so they're the same. )
    This sounds like Gen Varel's fic. I can't remember exactly which one but I think it's a series that's post S8.
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      I don't think I've ever read this one and it sounds like an interesting idea. Could you pass me the link please?
      It was one of Skydiver's fics. I'll see if I can find a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
        Why would they clone her instead of removing the cancer though?

I def prefer that to a symbiotic though. Never did like the Tok'ra.
        i don't know, i didn't get far into the 'whys' of things.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Was that the one when she was on the Prometheus in Season 6? Instead of cutting her way out of that storage room she was in, she froze to death, and Jack asked the Asgard to clone her?
          yes.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

i don't know, i didn't get far into the 'whys' of things.
            I'm just wondering if there're limits to Asgard technology. There could be some ailments of the human body that are beyond the Asgard's ability to solve, but I'm not too sure.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              I thought that pie or cake was Jack's thing?
              D'oh! Of course Jack likes donuts, just like Homer! Though, the only episode I can think of that has donuts is in Lost City when Teal'c brings a box of donuts to Jack's house.

Comment

I'm just wondering if there're limits to Asgard technology. There could be some ailments of the human body that are beyond the Asgard's ability to solve, but I'm not too sure.
                if i were going to do this fic myself, i think i'd have the asgard say that the cancer could return, but if she choose a cloned body, they would do something to her dna/genes to make sure she could never get any type of cancer.

i had it that sam and especially jack had some issues with making a 'copy' of sam, but it was daniel that said the body was just a vessel to hold the soul. he talked them into it.

and jack decided to do the same, b/c... well, he was the one that had the most fear about sam not 'really' being sam, being almost-sam, so he decided to be almost-jack with her. isn't he romantic!?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

if i were going to do this fic myself, i think i'd have the asgard say that the cancer could return, but if she choose a cloned body, they would do something to her dna/genes to make sure she could never get any type of cancer.

i had it that sam and especially jack had some issues with making a 'copy' of sam, but it was daniel that said the body was just a vessel to hold the soul. he talked them into it.

and jack decided to do the same, b/c... well, he was the one that had the most fear about sam not 'really' being sam, being almost-sam, so he decided to be almost-jack with her. isn't he romantic!?
                  Keep going and you'll soon be able to write that fic yourself with all that details.

It was one of Skydiver's fics. I'll see if I can find a link.
                  Thanks! I'll try to do a search myself too.
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    D'oh! Of course Jack likes donuts, just like Homer! Though, the only episode I can think of that has donuts is in Lost City when Teal'c brings a box of donuts to Jack's house.
                    I should have thought of that!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Keep going and you'll soon be able to write that fic yourself with all that details.
                      i'm not a good writer. i'd not want to read my stuff.

that's why i'm hoping someone else writes it!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

He also brought donuts to a stakeout.

Originally Posted by Ikorni

I don't think I've ever read this one and it sounds like an interesting idea. Could you pass me the link please?
                        The fic where Sam dies in Prometheus and is cloned by the Asgard is:

Room for Today by Denise/Skydiver. It's part of a longer story that covers a couple of seasons/episodes.

Comment

I vaguely remember a story where Sam in cloned (I think maybe by Ba'al?) but she doesn't know about it... then Jack comes to rescue the original but she is killed. The clone does not realize she is a clone at first since she has all of Sam's memories. Jack has a hard time excepting the clone as his wife (he and Sam were married). This may be Gen Varel's story.

There a story by Annerb called Egeria's Legacy that has Sam accepting a Tok'ra symbiote.

Comment

There was that time Teal'c offered him a donut and Jack turned him down and Teal'c looked disappointed.
                            The password is fishing...

Comment

The fic where Sam dies in Prometheus and is cloned by the Asgard is:

Room for Today by Denise/Skydiver. It's part of a longer story that covers a couple of seasons/episodes.
                              Thanks! Denise has written so many stories that I can't remember all the plots of hers that I've read.

I vaguely remember a story where Sam in cloned (I think maybe by Ba'al?) but she doesn't know about it... then Jack comes to rescue the original but she is killed. The clone does not realize she is a clone at first since she has all of Sam's memories. Jack has a hard time excepting the clone as his wife (he and Sam were married). This may be Gen Varel's story.

There a story by Annerb called Egeria's Legacy that has Sam accepting a Tok'ra symbiote.
                              Yep, sounds more and more like Gen Varel's Relationship series.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X