Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Thanks. Strangely, that's the only one missing. My computer has been doing some odd things lately, but that's really a strange thing for it to delete.
    Hopefully it's not your harddrive that's dying? All this reminds me that it's been too long since I last made a backup...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Regarding the issue of Pete Shanahan, Amanda said at one time that when she got the script for "Affinity", she was shocked and she immediately called Rob Cooper about it and said the fans were going to hate her for it and she didn't want to do it. Apparently, his reasoning for doing it sort of convinced her that it was acceptable.
    Well, his reasons didn't made to the screen it seems - we're still confused even after all these years I would however never hate Amanda or Sam because of it, TPTB alone are responsible for this mess

Comment

It probably went something like this: "Amanda, don't worry about what your fans and fans of the Sam/Jack ship will think; we're never going to give them confirmation anyway! We'll drag out Sam's relationship with the cop a little too long until we give Jack a hot girlfriend and before Sam's innate jealousy rears its ugly head, we'll have the base call her because we're gonna kill off her dad. For no good reason. Then, we'll have Jack's hot girlfriend dump him because, like all the shippers, she could tell from that one moment at Jack's house that he's head over heels with Sam. That'll give Jack a good reason to comfort Sam while her dad is dying and have them be all couple-y before Sam dumps her cop. Then, in the next season Jack will vanish and you'll be gone on maternity leave anyway, so I'm gonna turn the show into Fargate and put all the focus on this new male lead - because, let's face it, we can't have you/Sam carry the show; you're a woman! - and this annoying alien woman Daniel has already met. I'll sideline Sam and Teal'c and even the new guy a bit, and put all the focus on GI Daniel and his hot alien space babe because I'm such a Claudia Black fanboy. See? Nothing to worry about!"
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        It probably went something like this: "Amanda, don't worry about what your fans and fans of the Sam/Jack ship will think; we're never going to give them confirmation anyway! We'll drag out Sam's relationship with the cop a little too long until we give Jack a hot girlfriend and before Sam's innate jealousy rears its ugly head, we'll have the base call her because we're gonna kill off her dad. For no good reason. Then, we'll have Jack's hot girlfriend dump him because, like all the shippers, she could tell from that one moment at Jack's house that he's head over heels with Sam. That'll give Jack a good reason to comfort Sam while her dad is dying and have them be all couple-y before Sam dumps her cop. Then, in the next season Jack will vanish and you'll be gone on maternity leave anyway, so I'm gonna turn the show into Fargate and put all the focus on this new male lead - because, let's face it, we can't have you/Sam carry the show; you're a woman! - and this annoying alien woman Daniel has already met. I'll sideline Sam and Teal'c and even the new guy a bit, and put all the focus on GI Daniel and his hot alien space babe because I'm such a Claudia Black fanboy. See? Nothing to worry about!"
        *cries over the accuracy of this*

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
          Hopefully it's not your harddrive that's dying? All this reminds me that it's been too long since I last made a backup...

Well, his reasons didn't made to the screen it seems - we're still confused even after all these years I would however never hate Amanda or Sam because of it, TPTB alone are responsible for this mess
          I do have to say that some of the statements AT has made over the years has contributed to the confusion and provided antis with some ammunition. We know where she stands now, when it's all over and doesn't really make any difference to her one way or another, but she has not always been supportive of the ship in the past. So while Affinity may have been a bridge too far for her, she did contribute to the mess. That doesn't make me any less of a fan of Sam or AT, but in fairness she can't entirely escape blame.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry because every bit of that statement is right on the mark.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

Comment

probably true though....
              sigpic
              Sig made by Nola
              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

On a more positive note:

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  I do have to say that some of the statements AT has made over the years has contributed to the confusion and provided antis with some ammunition. We know where she stands now, when it's all over and doesn't really make any difference to her one way or another, but she has not always been supportive of the ship in the past. So while Affinity may have been a bridge too far for her, she did contribute to the mess. That doesn't make me any less of a fan of Sam or AT, but in fairness she can't entirely escape blame.
                  Well, it does make sense that they try to have a life outside the SGC and Sam having a boyfriend because a relationship with Jack was impossible wasn't that illogical, I can't blame AT for wanting that for Sam. But: it took Sam more than two weeks to answer 's "will you marry me" question - she must have realised by then that she was (still) in love with Jack - and that's where the storyline should have ended, also because her halfhearted yes wasn't fair to

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    Well, it does make sense that they try to have a life outside the SGC and Sam having a boyfriend because a relationship with Jack was impossible wasn't that illogical, I can't blame AT for wanting that for Sam. But: it took Sam more than two weeks to answer 's "will you marry me" question - she must have realised by then that she was (still) in love with Jack - and that's where the storyline should have ended, also because her halfhearted yes wasn't fair to
                    But he didn't actually ask. He just showed her the ring. And they were sitting on a park bench.

At least Jack (in my mind) would have gotten down on one knee - despite the pain - and asked the actual question.

is nothing but a coward who can't even propose "properly".
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola
                    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                      But he didn't actually ask. He just showed her the ring. And they were sitting on a park bench.

At least Jack (in my mind) would have gotten down on one knee - despite the pain - and asked the actual question.

is nothing but a coward who can't even propose "properly".
                      I didn't even remember that part! Only watched the episode once and never again! He probably thought Sam would be overjoyed with his proposal/ring that she would jump right into his arms but instead she was freaked out and he was probably too scared to utter a word...
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

While totally accurate in the final execution, I refuse to believe that tptb thought much of anything out in advance. If they had, there wouldn't have been so many dangling threads of unfinished plots over the years.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                          He might have asked, but it ended up as a deleted scene

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X