Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post

I have another question about green, something I wanted to ask for a while now. Does anyone know what the amount of rep points one’s giving depends on?
    Here's what the X-treme Guide for Newbies says about rep points:

Q: How many points are reps worth?

Initially, once your "active" rep kicks in [at around 50 posts], your rep granting abilities equal one point. As your reputation climbs (and as you grant more rep, yourself), the point level increases. There is no clear-cut formula to determine whose reps count for how much, but I think the maximum point-granting ability is between five to seven points. It used to be more, but the system was adjusted to try and make it more fair.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      Awesome. I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks here by saying we're looking forward to the end result of your MacGyvering!

As for the rep points; I believe the higher your own rep is the more rep points you give to someone when greening them.
      Ah okay. I thought this might be it, wasn't sure though. Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

I've had people give me as much as 30 rep points at a shot. I think the 5-10 is more average though.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          I've had people give me as much as 30 rep points at a shot. I think the 5-10 is more average though.
          Yeah, you for example.

Thanks for the info hedwig.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
            Yeah, you for example.

Thanks for the info hedwig.
            Seriously? I had no clue!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Seriously? I had no clue!
              Yes, I'm pretty sure.
              sigpic

Comment

If you want to know how many points you give, send some green to a friend and ask them to report back. I think that's the only way to do it.

Comment

Comment

Just lovely hlndncr

As always!
                    sigpic
                    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      [IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Gateworld%20Rewatch%20Banners/Threshhold.jpg[/]
                      Since my green fridge is locked, I have to give you kudos for this the old fashioned way. That's beautiful!!!

And speaking of my fridge, and its being locked. . .

Wildly OT, but I'm excited, so I'm sharing. Sorry if bragging on myself seems crass. . .

Spoiler:
                      As of this morning, I've lost 75 pounds! I've still got a ways to go, but I'm totally digging on the new(ish) me!

Boo-Yah!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Since my green fridge is locked, I have to give you kudos for this the old fashioned way. That's beautiful!!!

And speaking of my fridge, and its being locked. . .

Wildly OT, but I'm excited, so I'm sharing. Sorry if bragging on myself seems crass. . .

Spoiler:
                        As of this morning, I've lost 75 pounds! I've still got a ways to go, but I'm totally digging on the new(ish) me!

Boo-Yah!
                        O/T:
                        Spoiler:
                        That's awesome! Totally worth the self-bragging! Incredible accomplishment. And I know so firsthand, since I've been working on my own goal weight. It's such a rush, isn't it, watching those pounds come off. I'm betting you look and feel fabulous! Congratulations!

Comment

Spoiler:

Okay, I know we don't know each other but considering I'm on the same journey and about 25 behind you, I've just gotta say, you go girl!
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Spoiler:

Boo-Yah!
                            Yay! Congrats for you. Go you good thing! How?? What are you doing?

Comment

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=5HJQY2PC <-- kind of looks like a stargate!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow that is beautiful and shiny!

Spoiler:

Boo-Yah!
                                OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Toot your horn, dear! You deserve it. I've been working on losing too and have only lost 10 pounds in about 7 weeks and it's been a struggle. But even that little bit I feel the difference and I really want to get to my goal. I'm glad I checked in here today because you've inspired me to keep up the fight!

Comment

Working...
                                X