Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
    Writing for SJ started for me because I couldn't find the fics i wanted to read, so I wrote what I wanted to read. I can see your perspective on this and it is definitely a positive thought. We are shippers for a reason and, those of us who write for the ship are showing our loyalty and appreciation for S/J by writing. Sharing it with other shippers shouldn't feel wrong or arrogant. I definitely don't want to come across as arrogant or cocky when it comes to my writing.

All i want people to know about me is that I'm a shipper with a Sam & Jack OTP issue that I can't seem to get a cure for lol
    That's cool.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Comment

LOL. I'll pay you by being your ship-mate
        Deal! But I guess you already knew that

Adorable

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
        sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
          Deal! But I guess you already knew that

I sure do lol
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Personally I find it really annoying when people self-pimp their stuff and tend to ignore such posts. If it's good enough then others will recommend it and you can always use your signature to show where your fics can be found, so why bother with self-pimping in the form of posting specifically about the fic you've written? Of course the exception would be the shippy holidays because those fics are specifically written for said holidays.

But to each their own, of course.
            Originally posted by fems View Post
            For me personally, it just goes against my nature to recommend to anyone that they read what I've written. Maybe it's a cultural thing but most people I know (IRL), myself included, dislike arrogance/overconfidence and to me self-pimping falls under that. In my experience that is something more widely 'accepted' in the US and perhaps even the UK, but I much prefer modesty and down-to-earthness, which is far more common in my country.
            While I am glad that I kicked off a lovely discussion on self-pimping, my use of the term was meant somewhat in jest (hence the *cough**cough*).

At the time we were discussing Jack and Sam's relationship post-Threads, and how with the regulations it would be possible for them to develop and foster that relationship. I expressed some of my thoughts in my post, but felt that I expressed my thoughts on them waiting for their transfers (and the POTUS rejecting Jack's attempt to retire) already in my fic (and with more heart), so I thought a reference to that fic was appropriate at the moment:

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            Sam could serve the program almost as well in the research labs at Area 51 -figuring out applications for all of the off-world tech that gets brought back (and put her closer and more accessible to Cassie at the same time), and Jack can go to Washington (in my fic, Jack attempted to retire, but President Hayes refused -something that a President can do -and offered the transfers instead).

*cough*self-pimp*cough:Remember Me.
            I was a bit shy to mention my fic (even though I considered it the best expression of my feelings on the relavent subject we were discussing), because I don't consider my own fic as anything great.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I wouldn't call sharing your work immodest, arrogant, or getting above yourself or others.
            I agree.

Intent is 90% of it: if you post something, expecting everybody to love and rave on it...that's arrogant.

Note: I expect Pol to tell me when the next Campfire is ready on one of these threads!!

Beautiful! I love both of the new ones!

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

Threads (9)

vs.

Divide and Conquer (6)

I have to go with the fishing...and the closest thing to confirmation we ever got. D&C was the confession -the first time it was all out in the open, but Threads is where it all came home.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

D&C was the confession -the first time it was all out in the open, but Threads is where it all came home.
              Love that last sentence SaraB. It's so beautiful said
              sigpic

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

While I am glad that I kicked off a lovely discussion on self-pimping, my use of the term was meant somewhat in jest (hence the *cough**cough*).

At the time we were discussing Jack and Sam's relationship post-Threads, and how with the regulations it would be possible for them to develop and foster that relationship. I expressed some of my thoughts in my post, but felt that I expressed my thoughts on them waiting for their transfers (and the POTUS rejecting Jack's attempt to retire) already in my fic (and with more heart), so I thought a reference to that fic was appropriate at the moment:

I was a bit shy to mention my fic (even though I considered it the best expression of my feelings on the relavent subject we were discussing), because I don't consider my own fic as anything great.

I agree.

Intent is 90% of it: if you post something, expecting everybody to love and rave on it...that's arrogant.
                It doesn't take much to spark a debate, does it? lol
                "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Love the banner...can I use it for my sig? with credit and all that of course.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    Love the banner...can I use it for my sig? with credit and all that of course.
                    Absolutely!

Comment

A set of banners from The Curse:

Jack:

Spoiler:

Sam:

Spoiler:

Comment

Love your new Banner hlndncr

But then again I've got a weakness for blonde Sam with long hair. I love her in Continuum

I wanted to give you a green but GW didn't let me, so VIRTUAL GREEN FOR YOU
                        sigpic

Comment

A set of banners from The Curse:

Jack:

Spoiler:

Sam:

Spoiler:
                          omg i LOVE Sam and her ride!!! Epic cool!

Comment

All i want people to know about me is that I'm a shipper with a Sam & Jack OTP issue that I can't seem to get a cure for lol
                            You don't need a cure!!!!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

To paraphrase a classic Western:
                              Cure? We don't need no stinking cure!
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                You don't need a cure!!!!
                                Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                                To paraphrase a classic Western:
                                Cure? We don't need no stinking cure!
                                True. I think I wouldn't take a cure even if there was one. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X