Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
    I'm assumming this is in reaction to Pol's comments about fanfic, in which case, Pol, do people really write stuff where SG1 as a designated team, doesn't exist?!! I feel fortunate that I've missed this on my radar...
    Yes. And be glad. It's always as an aside, "with SG-1 disbanded..." and it makes me cringe every time. I like to assume that they mean, "with the original members of SG-1 reassigned..."

And...I was certain in my original post I mentioned that this occurs in fanfic, so I'm not sure wherein the confusion lies.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      No, hedwig...that's great! Thanks! I will re-watch and file that little item in my Sam info (if I ever have to write a flashback on that period or get to write a life of Sam fic it would be cool to include that).

I was just made aware of this info (and it is going to feature in something I write in the future. The Bahamas has underwater caves called 'Blue Holes' (I knew this part of the info), and one of them is called 'Stargate' (I never knew!). When you see the pic, you'll know why :

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...teBlueHole.jpg
      Gorgeous photo. I remember waaaay back when Jacques Cousteau was doing specials for television about his explorations. This was one of the places he explored with his crew. Fascinating.

That's so cool about one being called "Stargate". How appropriate. I wonder what dimension/reality/universe/galaxy that gate goes to.

Comment

I was just made aware of this info (and it is going to feature in something I write in the future. The Bahamas has underwater caves called 'Blue Holes' (I knew this part of the info), and one of them is called 'Stargate' (I never knew!). When you see the pic, you'll know why :

Okay this just makes me want to go to the Bahamas even more now!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I know there are lots of great shippy Sam/Jack fic but this one is short and I just love it http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/172145.html
          I love this one too! It's just sooooo fluffy, I could be surrounded by it all day...

*Ahem* Anyway, this fic actually brings something to mind that I've been meaning to ask someone, somewhere (and now seems as good a time as any). US Airport vs fanfic question:
          Spoiler:
          How are people allowed to wait with passengers when they collect their bags? I've travelled a bit to various countries, including the US, and for security purposes, non-passengers have to wait outside until the passenger has collected their luggage and gone through customs. Can you do this for domestic flights in the US?

I've seen this mentioned a few times in fanfic and across other fandoms - do they mean to imply that being a General he'd get through security? Which works for SG1 but not other fandoms where this doesn't apply, hence totally confusing me. Thanks!

Comment

Oddly, I just finished a script that uses Blue Holes as a plot device. They're fascinating to read about.

Kate, US passengers generally collect their bags and then meet those picking them up. In some smaller airports, it could possibly work differently but after 9/11 things changed considerably and one couldn't meet their party as they disembarked the plane anymore.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I know there are lots of great shippy Sam/Jack fic but this one is short and I just love it http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/172145.html
              Oh! I LOVE that one! ...favorite line (I posted it on the favorite fanfic lines thread):
              Spoiler:
              Jack blinks. All he’s got right now are wrong ideas. Each idea more gloriously wrong than the last.

heehee.

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
              Okay this just makes me want to go to the Bahamas even more now!
              If you ever get the plan together, message me & I'll help arrange if I can . I'm from a sleepy little do-nothing town, not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I'm proud of it.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Oddly, I just finished a script that uses Blue Holes as a plot device. They're fascinating to read about.
              That's cool! Hobby script or professional? I assume it's not a Stargate one (or is it)? To be honest the blue holes scare me to death...the idea of caving underwater has so much potential for disaster...makes me hyperventilate. Swimming above them is my limit. My people tend to sail above or dive in shallow water.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Gorgeous photo. I remember waaaay back when Jacques Cousteau was doing specials for television about his explorations. This was one of the places he explored with his crew. Fascinating.

That's so cool about one being called "Stargate". How appropriate. I wonder what dimension/reality/universe/galaxy that gate goes to.
                My guess would be Atlantis
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Doing good. Glad that Sam/Jack shipping is still going strong. Sam/Jack shippers are the best.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Oh! I LOVE that one! ...favorite line (I posted it on the favorite fanfic lines thread):
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack blinks. All he’s got right now are wrong ideas. Each idea more gloriously wrong than the last.

heehee.
                    That is one of my favorite lines in that fic as well. She's got such a good grasp of the characters. I hope she was nominated for awards.

That's cool! Hobby script or professional? I assume it's not a Stargate one (or is it)? To be honest the blue holes scare me to death...the idea of caving underwater has so much potential for disaster...makes me hyperventilate. Swimming above them is my limit. My people tend to sail above or dive in shallow water.
                    No it's a professional feature script. Not Stargate related though it's got some similar elements.

I would never swim in one. Noooo way. National Geographic had a lengthy article on them a few months ago. It was fascinating.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kate, US passengers generally collect their bags and then meet those picking them up. In some smaller airports, it could possibly work differently but after 9/11 things changed considerably and one couldn't meet their party as they disembarked the plane anymore.
                      OT US Airports:

Spoiler:
                      I haven't taken an international flight in years. But all the US airports I've used for domestic flights, even after 9-11, all across the country (including Dulles, Reagan, OC, PHX, BWI, and SLC) have the baggage claim outside of the security area where friends and family can meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        OT US Airports:

Spoiler:
                        I haven't taken an international flight in years. But all the US airports I've used for domestic flights, even after 9-11, all across the country (including Dulles, Reagan, OC, PHX, BWI, and SLC) have the baggage claim outside of the security area where friends and family can meet you.
                        Thanks!
                        Spoiler:
                        I assumed this must have been the case. Being on an island, most of my flights are international and anytime I spent travelling between states or across borders has always been by other modes of transport, so domestic flights are rare for me!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          OT US Airports:

Spoiler:
                          Yep. You're right now that I think about it. People can generally just walk in off the street and into baggage claim (not really all that secure especially when there's no airport employee matching luggage tags with receipts).

I'm fresh off recent multiple International flights and you collect bags before you can reach whoever is meeting you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Laughing my head off! My husband did point out that there are such things as dissertations that are classified.

No, hedwig...that's great! Thanks! I will re-watch and file that little item in my Sam info (if I ever have to write a flashback on that period or get to write a life of Sam fic it would be cool to include that).

That is so cool!!

I must go there sometime...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

That is one of my favorite lines in that fic as well. She's got such a good grasp of the characters. I hope she was nominated for awards.
                              No it's a professional feature script. Not Stargate related though it's got some similar elements.
                              I would never swim in one. Noooo way. National Geographic had a lengthy article on them a few months ago. It was fascinating.
                              I hope she was nominated, too...I was just reading some of her other pieces today and she has a way with a story.
                              Leia -the script thing is very cool! Is this where I wish you good luck on it?? Or is it already being produced (my knowledge of how that works is limited)?

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                              Doing good. Glad that Sam/Jack shipping is still going strong. Sam/Jack shippers are the best.
                              Absolutely going strong and bringing in new people with reruns and rewatches!!

My guess would be Atlantis
                              haha

Rewatching D&C....again. Savoring every moment....
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

She couldn't sleep.

The day had gone as well as could be expected, Sam's hard earned experience had taken her through each presented crisis. The weight of leadership though, rested heavily on Sam's shoulders on days like these, and losing one of your own was the greatest burden of them all. One which couldn't be explained or shared with someone who hadn't lived through it themself.

Sam sat in the familiar dark of the den. It matched her mood. But then the door opened slowly and Jack's silhouette appeared in the doorway. He didn't say a word; just stood there for a moment before moving over to where Sam was. Quietly, Jack sat beside her, deliberately taking Sam into his arms, holding her against him, as though to reassure her. He'd been here too many times himself - alone.

The tears finally came. Sam let them fall, now that she was in this safe place.

Neither of them said a word.

They didn't have to.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X