"Always" (7)
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

The Best of the Ship is . . .

"Please"

vs.

"Always" (8)

Because it's a promise for forever and also means they'll always give in when the other pleads with them, unable to refuse.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Newbie here - what's Shipsgiving?

Comment

"Please"

vs.

"Always" (9)

Always = Please + Fishing + Plus a lot more
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by GrendelsMom View Post
              It's one of several holidays when the Sam and Jack thread celebrate the LOVE by sharing pictures, art, poems, fanfiction stories, whatever you like that expresses the relationship between our favorite couple as you see it.

And just a reminder:

sigpic

Comment

Welcome GrendelsMom!

Oh, Shipsgiving is next week already.... Hum. In between the voting (of when Shipsgiving should take place) and now, I've learned there's a family thing that weekend. With the different time zones and all, I don't think I can make it I haven't made anything yet either, was thinking of writing a ficlet perhaps or maybe a handful-of-chapters fic for the occasion. Will have to see if the Muse is up for it though (my old one is MIA and the newly adopted one is only focused on one particular future fic) but if I do write it I'm not sure I can post it in time (well the link, I can publish it on FFnet of course beforehand).

It's too bad because I was looking forward to my first Shipsgiving and actually doing something to celebrate it unlike on Ship Day which was too new for me at the time to have actually made something.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

[B]Lost City (S7Ep21/22) (5)I have to go with Lost City because I LOVE this episode. There's just so much great shippiness! The only thing that's missing was that kiss in the cargo ship. (Of course, in my world that happened too, the camera was just elsewhere. )
                  ...and have you written this yet? *taps foot*

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  WHAT? Oh, c'mon!
                  Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Hey, don't blame me. You all chose this.
                  Just cuz we chose it doesn't make it right!! ACK!

btw -fell asleep on the couch and failed to vote on the previous one! sorry!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  I'm going with the happy ending here. "Please" allows it to happen, but "Always" promises "forever", right? I'm going with "forever".
                  And if you understood AT ALL what that last sentence meant--You MIGHT be a SHIPPER!!
                  ...it made perfect sense to me...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Because it was finally Jack basically answering the "Please".
                  well stated!

Originally posted by GrendelsMom View Post
                  Welcome, newbie/probie!!

^^ Nola already answered the question There will be a seperate Shipsgiving thread -someone will post a link on this thread when it kicks off (it is only for 24 hours, scheduled for the 19th -next Saturday). I hope to have a fic ready in time. Several other members have videos ready. Still others will make banners and visual pretties...just a general excuse for celebrating the love of the ship!!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

"Please"

vs.

"Always" (10)

"Please" usaually = angst; "Always" = forever (resolution...and for me -confirmation). There. I said it.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

OT (technical question, not ship question):

Spoiler:
                      is your rank determined by # of posts or the green you receive? I keep posting, but my rank seems slow to rise.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Spoiler:
                        is your rank determined by # of posts or the green you receive? I keep posting, but my rank seems slow to rise.
                        Rank is number of posts. I believe you have to reach 1,000 to become a Captain. Your green also has a kind of ranking that displays when you hold your mouse over it.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Spoiler:
                          It's the number of posts. Green doesn't do anything for you except make you feel all tingly.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Thanks! Of course this means I'm going to be posting like crazy for the next...73 posts! LOL
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              It's the number of posts. Green doesn't do anything for you except make you feel all tingly.
                              The green feeds into the green bars below your rank though. Right? But they're independent of each other...

Comment

Here's a guide the the ranks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X