Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    erm ... hate to poke holes in this theory, but Sam wasn't engaged to Pete in "New Order". She had only been dating him for a couple of months at that time, and I doubt she even loved him at that point. She became engaged to Pete 6-8 months after this. However, I would go so far as to say that since she was "involved" with Pete, that Fifth didn't understand the difference between dating someone and being married to/seriously involved/in love with, and figured this scenario would please Sam somehow.
    Thanks for the correction on my theory - and it was going so well

Never mind that brings up a great:

RANDOM QUESTION:

Assuming that Fifth must have recognized that Sam had feeling for both Jack and Pete, why did he choose Pete for the fantasy and not Jack?

I realize that to some this would be quite obvious but I'd love to get your take on it.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Thanks for the correction on my theory - and it was going so well

Never mind that brings up a great:

RANDOM QUESTION:

Assuming that Fifth must have recognized that Sam had feeling for both Jack and Pete, why did he choose Pete for the fantasy and not Jack?

I realize that to some this would be quite obvious but I'd love to get your take on it.
      Not knowing just how much Fifth knows about love or relationships, I think he chose Pete simply because he saw within Sam that she was involved with Pete in some relationship beyond what she was with Jack. Maybe Sam had done such a good job of denying her feelings for Jack that they were buried under her relationship with Pete, and Fifth didn't know enough to recognize the difference. Hmmm ... not sure if that made any sense, but I'm sticking with that ... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Not knowing just how much Fifth knows about love or relationships, I think he chose Pete simply because he saw within Sam that she was involved with Pete in some relationship beyond what she was with Jack. Maybe Sam had done such a good job of denying her feelings for Jack that they were buried under her relationship with Pete, and Fifth didn't know enough to recognize the difference. Hmmm ... not sure if that made any sense, but I'm sticking with that ... for now.
        Makes a lot of sense. I don't know if Sam's feeling, buried or otherwise, would have been hidden to Fifth, but I agree with you on the point that she was actually involved in a romantic relationship with Pete and not actively with Jack.

Great!

Anyone else?
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

*sneaks in*

Made by XxxStarg8rocksxxX
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

Ship day in 13 days! Weeee!
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
              *sneaks in*

Absolutely worth sneaking in for
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Ship day in 13 days! Weeee!
                Yippy!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Yeah...that was disturbing. Replicarter has all of Sam's memories up to that point, so I assume she has the feelings for Jack in that scene that Sam does. Perhaps it is a control thing with Fifth, that he trains her to kill off Jack (and Daniel, Siler, etc), to excercise his control over her and tear away at her attachment?
                  I think Fifth probably felt he was breaking any remaining connection to the team and especially O'Neill. Didn't she also shoot Daniel? But had a harder time with Jack?

Makes a lot of sense. I don't know if Sam's feeling, buried or otherwise, would have been hidden to Fifth, but I agree with you on the point that she was actually involved in a romantic relationship with Pete and not actively with Jack.
                  I think Fifth had a hard time understanding emotions. I'm sure part of Sam was thinking about future possibilities with PEte and Fifth grabbed hold of that. At that time I think Sam was actively "trying to move on." But the scenario he created was not really what she wanted. Besides the fact that she'd be suspicious about the whole PTSD story...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I think Fifth had a hard time understanding emotions. I'm sure part of Sam was thinking about future possibilities with PEte and Fifth grabbed hold of that. At that time I think Sam was actively "trying to move on." But the scenario he created was not really what she wanted. Besides the fact that she'd be suspicious about the whole PTSD story...
                    Plus, even had she not immediately known it was a hallucination, the idea of her being able to see a psychiatrist in a rural area near a farm in Montana, about dreams she was having about a Stargate program, would be wildly implausible. There's no way the AF or the Pentagon would allow her to go off to a farm in Montana and send a doctor with a security clearance to counsel her whenever she needed it. Sam is a very smart woman and there's no way she would have fallen for that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      OT Harry Potter:
                      Spoiler:
                      Poor Polly has had to deal with listening to me gush over Alan Rickman's performance since I saw the movie last week so I figured I'd spare her and see if anyone knows where to find some good Snape fic?
                      I even wrote one! I haven't written fic in... who the heck knows how long. Talk about inspiring.
                      I'm finding it much more preferable to the other more stressful writing I've been doing lately!
                      Any suggestions?
                      OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      Alan Rickman is the ONLY actor I ever considered for that role (after I read the books and before I saw the movies). When I see it tomorrow, I'm sure I'll gush along with you! Btw: did Pol get to see it last night?? Sorry I have no recs...I haven't done any reading in this fandom.

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                      *sneaks in*
                      WOW...thanks!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

RANDOM QUESTION:

(b/c rob cooper wanted to strangle out the sam/other storyline)

i mean, b/c pete *was* sam's boyfriend, so fifth's immature-to-human-reactions mind took it literally, not being able to dip below the surface and see the restless current.

(metaphor much? )
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Great!

Anyone else?
                          i also think that by the time 'gemini' came along, fifth *did* know sam's true feelings, which is why replicarter was tortured by having to kill him as the ultimate sacrifice and release into his hold, and why replicarter tortured sam by making her see it.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            OT: HP
                            Spoiler:
                            Alan Rickman is the ONLY actor I ever considered for that role (after I read the books and before I saw the movies). When I see it tomorrow, I'm sure I'll gush along with you! Btw: did Pol get to see it last night?? Sorry I have no recs...I haven't done any reading in this fandom.

Yep. There were tears
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

popping in to say hello to everyone! Hope your summer is going well. busy reading so I can vote. So much fun fan fic. Can't wait for Shipper day! Have a great weekend!
                              Sam and Jack forever!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Rewatching "Lost City Part 2" -the scene where Sam comes to Jack's house. Gah!

She was building toward saying SOMETHING, it felt so much like that later scene in Threads when she appeared at his back deck. The tension is palpable... aaaand then Daniel knocks on the door....
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X