No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoying the pic-fics, hlndncr! Thanks for making them, they are great!

Comment

I came across this in my saved stories today, and absolutely fell in love with it and how it felt. The rating is M, but nothing graphic.

Sam and Jack at the cabin in Minnesota, sometime past SGA, Season 5, as Sam is in command of The Hammond.

Follow the Star of the North by ziparumpazoo

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
        Have you tried the screen caps and promotional pics from GW image gallery? http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/
        Thanks for sharing, Kate! I didn't even know that existed!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Hey, Mane! Feel free to use anything you find in my photobucket
        I'm looking forward to reading through Ship Day next Friday!
        Does that invite extend to the rest of us? I HAVE to have the vid from the 'Grace' kiss...please?

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        Pufffff
        ((trin))) Just cause
        I think I squeezed everything there is out of my ps-ing mojo. 47 arties are ready for Ship DAy
        WOW -So excited!

hlndncr:
        thanks for the picfic...shared it with the hubs (he laughed -but he said 'what is squee?' Bwhahaha! I had to explain squee.)
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

here's a fic (it's part two, but the link will bring you part one two): http://sam-and-jack.livejournal.com/763577.html

i LOVE this fic!!!

(it's part two that's given me the warm and fuzzies the most)
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Jack and Sam:

Happily married. Six years and counting...

*If you disagree...it's ok...I'm in my own little world and they know me here...
            It's been said that AT was worried about her character 'pining' for Jack...I see a married Sam, who chooses to continue in the service of her world as an incredibly complex and honorable character...plus she wouldn't 'pine' for him -she would have him every time she is on Earth. *
            Last edited by SaraBahama; 19 July 2011, 08:16 PM.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              Thanks for sharing, Kate! I didn't even know that existed!

Does that invite extend to the rest of us? I HAVE to have the vid from the 'Grace' kiss...please?

WOW -So excited!

hlndncr:
              thanks for the picfic...shared it with the hubs (he laughed -but he said 'what is squee?' Bwhahaha! I had to explain squee.)
              Go for it, m'Dear!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Rewatching "Desperate Measures"...

Jack's quiet persistence (desperation?) in his search for Sam, the fact that he employs one of his worst enemies (Maybourne), the last minute rescue...all very nice.

Spoiler:
                I also love it when Sam kicks butt in her escape attempt; and after Jack uncuffs her, he hands her that honkin' ...what is that -a Colt Commander??..and it's all business.

I also love the interaction between them after she finds Jack shot. Lots of light touches to his arm.
                And how 'bout that pat-down after she found him wounded...

Comment

*wanders in, listens to the silence for a few minutes*

You know, I would really be scared that it's so quiet in here, except that I know it's T minus 4 days to Ship Day...and I bet everybody is off working on their contributions!
                  *heart attack*

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  I think you're getting a little over excited. According to my calculations it's still 10 days to Ship Day.

I may have to pull out my count down stories.
                  Thanks for keeping that defibrillator handy!

Comment

Jack and Sam:

Happily married. Six years and counting...
                    Wow. I can't believe it's already been six years since we got confirmation.

And you know what's amazing? Most shows go completely downhill after the main couple gets together (and the leading man leaves the show! ). And yet look at the sheer number of people who continue to view this thread! It takes a very special couple to last this long!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

It looks like there's a hole in his jacket about upper mid-back. Which makes me wonder just why he was actually in a bed in the infirmary at the SGC, since while there would be a heck of a lot of pain from the bullets hitting him, there would be no blood since he was wearing a flak vest which would have stopped those bullets. He could actually have been up and around and moving even though quite sore after getting hit by same.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        It looks like there's a hole in his jacket about upper mid-back. Which makes me wonder just why he was actually in a bed in the infirmary at the SGC, since while there would be a heck of a lot of pain from the bullets hitting him, there would be no blood since he was wearing a flak vest which would have stopped those bullets. He could actually have been up and around and moving even though quite sore after getting hit by same.
                        I think that's the loop on the back of the jacket. But it does cast an odd shadow, doesn't it?
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Who wouldn't look for any opportunity to pat down Jack's legs and backside?

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            I think that's the loop on the back of the jacket. But it does cast an odd shadow, doesn't it?
                            Could be. But even so, there's no actual damage from the bullet; no entry wound; no blood. So, while the impact would have caused some rather serious pain most likely, I still don't get why he'd be in a bed in the infirmary. I'd even be willing to bet one or both of those bullets was embeded in the flak vest. The shots were fired close enough to him that had they actually entered his body, he would likely have been dead.

Comment

UhSir you are brilliant! I knew Sam kept contact with his arm after he rolled over, but I never noticed all the other touching--all over his body.

Oh Sam, you smart girl you. Taking advantage of your opportunities where you can get them.

And hedwig, he was shot in the back and the arm. That's why he said he wanted sleeves on his vest. Because it protected his back, but not his shoulder. That's why he was in the infirmary bed.

Personally, I don't understand why Sam wasn't in a bed right next to him. She had just spent several days in captivity all drugged up and having medical procedures done on her.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Could be. But even so, there's no actual damage from the bullet; no entry wound; no blood. So, while the impact would have caused some rather serious pain most likely, I still don't get why he'd be in a bed in the infirmary. I'd even be willing to bet one or both of those bullets was embeded in the flak vest. The shots were fired close enough to him that had they actually entered his body, he would likely have been dead.
                                Doesn't it say in the episode that he was shot in the arm? If he had been body-shot, though, and if he were wearing a vest, it would have hurt him enough that he would have been down on the ground for a while. It also might have knocked the wind out of him. (This info from a cop friend of mine.)

But I'm sure that Sam just wanted to do a THOROUGH and COMPLETE examination of him. You know--to make certain that all his parts were still in the right places. I think that any of us would have done the same.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X