Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Good Morning, Campers!

I've got a question for y'all. It's slightly OT, although still Stargate related, hence the spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Has there been an episode where the team 'Gates through to a place only to find that the 'Gate has diverted them to another 'Gate somewhere else? I can't recall if it's an actual episode or something that I read in fic somewhere long ago. Help?
    Solitudes, Ripple Effect, Prototype, and as Everlovin 1969, but I have a feeling you're not looking for that, so it's probably a fic
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      Solitudes, Ripple Effect, Prototype, and as Everlovin 1969, but I have a feeling you're not looking for that, so it's probably a fic
      Which one's Prototype? Is that one an SGA episode? I've seen the others, and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking that they dial one planet, but the people on the planet have engaged a "call forward" measure to send people somewhere else, instead. So, you dial P3X-436, and you the people there have diverted all incoming wormholes to P3M-634 instead. Does that make sense?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Which one's Prototype? Is that one an SGA episode? I've seen the others, and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking that they dial one planet, but the people on the planet have engaged a "call forward" measure to send people somewhere else, instead. So, you dial P3X-436, and you the people there have diverted all incoming wormholes to P3M-634 instead. Does that make sense?
        It makes perfect sense...

It's SG-1 Season 9 I think. In Prototype the gate did exactly that Though as I remember there were no people, just one really really bad guy named Anubis They find him frozen in a pod and revive him, and later find out that he's Anubis' clone or something like that.
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I am in the Good News-Bad News Thread helping along the S/J shippiness.. but boy it's taking a while even in there to actually get those two together!!!!...lol...
          sigpic

Comment

Good Morning, Campers!

I've got a question for y'all. It's slightly OT, although still Stargate related, hence the spoilers:

Spoiler:
            Has there been an episode where the team 'Gates through to a place only to find that the 'Gate has diverted them to another 'Gate somewhere else? I can't recall if it's an actual episode or something that I read in fic somewhere long ago. Help?
            It is SG1, Season 9, "Prototype". Sam and another team have gated to a planet and returned almost immediately saying they wound up on another planet. In researching what happened it is found that there's something in the receiving end's gate (IIRC) that diverted them to the planet they landed on. It turns out to be the planet where Anubis' secret lab was and where he was creating his "son", Kalek.

In "Solitudes", Sam and Jack got sent to the other gate because of energy blasts hitting the gate as they were going through it.

In "1969", they wound up in the past because of something to do with solar flares at the exact moment they dialed the gate and were going through. Same thing in "2010".

In "Ripple Effect", it had something to do with a blast set off in the universe of the "bad" SG team.

In "A Matter of Time", a shaped charge was set off a short distance from the event horizon to force the wormhole to jump to another gate on another planet, in order to cut us off from the blackhole.
            Last edited by hedwig; 06 January 2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: correcting a booboo

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              It is SG1, Season 9, "Prototype". Sam and another team have gated to a planet and returned almost immediately saying they wound up on another planet. In researching what happened it is found that there's something in the receiving end's gate (IIRC) that diverted them to the planet they landed on. It turns out to be the planet where Anubis' secret lab was and where he was creating his "son", Kalek.

In "Solitudes", Sam and Jack got sent to the other gate because of energy blasts hitting the gate as they were going through it.

In "1969", they wound up in the past because of something to do with sunspots at the exact moment they dialed the gate and were going through. Same thing in "2010".

In "Ripple Effect", it had something to do with a blast set off in the universe of the "bad" SG team.

In "A Matter of Time", a shaped charge was set off a short distance from the event horizon to force the wormhole to jump to another gate on another planet, in order to cut us off from the blackhole.
              All hail! Queen of information of all things Stargate and Quilting!

Of course I've seen "Prototype"--that's a very dark episode. All kinds of deep currents running through that one.

Hmmmmm. That's the closest one to what I'm thinking. Must. Think. More.

Thanks, people, I really do appreciate it!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

For those of you who don't visit Mala's thread.

An interview with Rick on the set of SGU. Originally posted by Mala in her thread so all praise for finding this gem should go to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56-Ry16nCk

Welcome back, Pol!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

An interview with Rick on the set of SGU. Originally posted by Mala in her thread so all praise for finding this gem should go to her.

Welcome back, Pol!
                  Thanks for posting this
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

All hail! Queen of information of all things Stargate and Quilting!
                    You forgot novice/apprentice wallpaper stripper and wall painter, as well as master fingernail ruiner.

Comment

You forgot novice/apprentice wallpaper stripper and wall painter, as well as master fingernail ruiner.
                      Somehow when I first read that I missed the "wallpaper" bit and was wondering why you decided to become a novice stripper.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        Somehow when I first read that I missed the "wallpaper" bit and was wondering why you decided to become a novice stripper.
                        We all have to start somewhere. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Welcome back, Pol!
                          Thank you for posting that. Was that on a DVD or a special on TV? Or you have no idea? (or does someone has an idea???)

We all have to start somewhere. Right?
                          ...and in a red light is a good way to start? *raises one eyebrow*

Speaking of which
                          OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm kind of starting my first "real" job on Monday(as an intern ). Pretty nervous/excited about it!
                          And no...it's not that...I'm a marketing/communications major
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Thank you for posting that. Was that on a DVD or a special on TV? Or you have no idea? (or does someone has an idea???)
                            I would like to know that too. The clip from youtube is out of sync!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
                              I would like to know that too. The clip from youtube is out of sync!
                              I know. That's why I was wondering about it I know I have the SGU dvds, but am too lazy to look at all of 'em separately and then finding out it's not there!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                I know. That's why I was wondering about it I know I have the SGU dvds, but am too lazy to look at all of 'em separately and then finding out it's not there!
                                I asked if it was on the SGU DVD's on Mala's thread but haven't checked to see if anyone's answered.

Not even that pretty little clip could entice me to buy the SGU dvd's.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X