No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pol - glad I gave you the humorous message I was going for and I also despise you for being so productive. Hmph I may forgive you if some fic was thrown in to sweeten the deal

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      Pol - glad I gave you the humorous message I was going for and I also despise you for being so productive. Hmph I may forgive you if some fic was thrown in to sweeten the deal

We might get lucky--last time she wrote a story whilst camping. If she's traveling somewhere civilized, we might get more than one!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Ugh! I've been working on my Secret Santa present all day. I'm a very slow writer normally, and for some reason this story is just giving me such problems. I'm beginning to question whether I can actually write at all.

I really want it to be good so that my Santaee will be happy with her present.

I need some reassurance. Those of you out there looking forward to your Secret Santa presents would be happy with anything made with love (of this variety), right?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Ugh! I've been working on my Secret Santa present all day. I'm a very slow writer normally, and for some reason this story is just giving me such problems. I'm beginning to question whether I can actually write at all.

I need some reassurance. Those of you out there looking forward to your Secret Santa presents would be happy with anything made with love (of this variety), right?
          Yes! You can write. We've seen some of the results.

Comment

I just sent mine...I'm hoping my Santaee (nice word, btw) likes hers too...I would totally be happy with anything made with ! Can't wait to get my gift!

Comment

"You are Shipper! See you WRITE!"

"I Ship, therefore I write."

"Give me Confirmation, or Give me FIC!!!" (that one's my favorite)

"When in disgrace in shippers' and men's eyes, I, all alone beweep my outcast state, and trouble deaf Powers That Be with my bootless cries, and look upon my monitor, and write my fic. . ."

"This 'Ship was made for writin', so that's just what you'll do. One of these days these two will get that on-screen kiss--Whoo-hoo!"

There you are--everyone from Shakespeare to Nancy Sinatra telling you to write, girlfriend!

So, Write! Write like the Wind! (That one's from The Three Amigos. . .)
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Huh, I'm spamming the thread today. But...

Oh, the face-touching kisses. Whooya!!! Super-fandango hottinski, that's for sure!

~Pol...who refuses to gloat
                Spoiler:
                now that she's done with EVERYTHING!
                • Secret Santa? CHECK!
                • Shipmas? CHECK!
                • Dissertation chapter? CHECK!
                • All doctoral assignments for the term? CHECK!
                • Grades posted? CHECK!
                • and lastly...MANUSCRIPT EDITED AND SENT TO PUBLISHER...CHECK-A-ROONY!!

Okay, so there was some gloating.

WOOHOO!!

Congrats! And more along the lines you posted, also not by me, obv:

Of course! Believe me, what I wrote for Sec Santa was so far afield from my norm! I dunno if I can do something separate for Shipmas so I'll likely post my secret santa fic.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

"When in disgrace in shippers' and men's eyes, I, all alone beweep my outcast state, and trouble deaf Powers That Be with my bootless cries, and look upon my monitor, and write my fic. . ."

"This 'Ship was made for writin', so that's just what you'll do. One of these days these two will get that on-screen kiss--Whoo-hoo!"

There you are--everyone from Shakespeare to Nancy Sinatra telling you to write, girlfriend!

I love those!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

You are awesome!

GW won't let me green you so here:

Not mine. I think it was Mala or Zuz.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm almost done. Just a couple more scenes to go, and I got to get some kissin' in this thing!

Comment

I've got some time if you want to shoot it my way (shoot me a pm for my email) if you want another set of eyes and/or a push.

P.

Edit: and remember...writing is hard WORK! If it were easy, anyone could do it.

And...as for fic to read...my Santa-ee is getting a fic (of course ) from me, so you'll have one then. I'm *dying* for you all to read it!

Since I have a few days before the trip (a cruise through the Panama Canal...woohoo! Thanks step-mom!) I'm going to work on The Other Side campfire.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I
                        P.

Writing is hard? Really? I'd never have thunk!

And...as for fic to read...my Santa-ee is getting a fic (of course ) from me, so you'll have one then. I'm *dying* for you all to read it!
                        But, but, but, sometimes it sucks being a beta. LOL! I've already read it! Write something new! *pouts* You've got time after all.... heeee!

Since I have a few days before the trip (a cruise through the Panama Canal...woohoo! Thanks step-mom!) I'm going to work on The Other Side campfire.
                        Well, then, what are ya here for? Write, write, write!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

[CENTER] It’s 4 Days to Shipmas
                          Look What I Received
                          So awesome!
                          I always look forward to these.

Comment

Yes!! I struggled with mine and it ended up being a shorter piece (but it was right for the scene I was writing) so I created a banner/sig pic with it

I've got some time if you want to shoot it my way (shoot me a pm for my email) if you want another set of eyes and/or a push.

P.

What, Pol, your stories aren't just given to you in divinely inspired dreams???? Just kidding of course. Writing is so friggin' hard and for me, I never feel like it's all that good when I'm done.

But then, fic is great because I can always go back and re-write my own stories

Comment

P.

What if it's for you?

I think my problem here is that I normally give myself more time so that I can step away and come back to it, which can make all the difference. But with everything else I've had on my plate I just couldn't get to it before now.

How horrible would it be if I finished this tomorrow and sent it in a day late? I really think it needs some time to breath.

Comment

What if it's for you?

I think my problem here is that I normally give myself more time so that I can step away and come back to it, which can make all the difference. But with everything else I've had on my plate I just couldn't get to it before now.

How horrible would it be if I finished this tomorrow and sent it in a day late? I really think it needs some time to breath.
                                I wanted to have mine done last night before I went to bed, but it was just stagnating, so I left it overnight. In the end, it turned out better that I finished it in the morning. Of course, because I had all morning to finish, it's a monster--over 6,000 words. I'm hoping it doesn't bore my Santa-ee to death.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X