• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    Just dropping off a fic rec:

If at first you don't succeed...
    That was great!!
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
      The Serpent's Venom That's a great scene you mentioned and a great episode. I usually don't fast forward, but I can't stand the whole Teal'c torture stuff.
      Nor me

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      So, you, and me and hedwig. Anyone else?

And do you think Jack had a Bo Derek poster ANYWHERE in his private spaces--apartment, garage, attic. . .

Come on--he's a guy-guy, right?
      1979 - the year I left school.........

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      aw man...ours doesn't come till november.....you Canadians are lucky....
      I didn't know Canadians had a Thanksgiving, you learn something every day...... I thought it was just our neighbours across the pond

And to hlndncr - thank you for all those piccys, I'd love them as a calendar, shippiness every day

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        Here's the fourth and last story in my Continuum AU -- Leap of Faith -- http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/364014.html

When you've hit the bottom, all you can do is make a leap of faith. This is a Continuum story, so warning for canonical Continuum character death!

Sam/Jack, Sam/John Sheppard

I hope you enjoy the ending!
        Nice little series! But I must join those who said "That's then end?" o.o
        I would read more. ;P

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
        And to hlndncr - thank you for all those piccys, I'd love them as a calendar, shippiness every day
        I agree.
        I'd put that on my wall and when the year is over, I'd keep all the pictures. <3

sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

<snip>

We may have to do this for 2011--I haven't been able to find an SG-1 calendar anywhere. And I have pictures from the last several years' calendars up on my studio walls. Makes work more fun.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            Nice little series! But I must join those who said "That's then end?" o.o
            I would read more. ;P
            Oh thank you! That is indeed the end! (At least, I think it is....)
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Nor me

1979 - the year I left school.........
              Now I feel young!

Funnily enough, last year for one of the art challenges, we did an advent calender - everyone picked a day and we made art for it. When it was done, I put them all together in one video:

If you can't see it because it's blocked, try here: http://cagranosalis.livejournal.com/2009/12/24/

Maybe this year we'll do a full year calender?
              sigpic

Comment

Well my shippy album currently has 561 pictures and that's just through season 7. So I'm pretty sure I could give you two calendars.
                (Yes, I see ship everywhere!)

Loved the advent calendar Cags. Can we do that again this year?!

EDIT: If you want to see the whole album click here. It's every shippy moment through S7 in reverse chron. So if you hit slideshow and click on reverse you can watch it all unfold from the beginning. The whole slide show takes about 30 min. (Not kidding when I said I see ship EVERYWHERE!)
                Last edited by hlndncr; 11 October 2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

I don't see why not! Or maybe something very slightly different but on the same lines. Just need to suggest it on the art thread for a future challenge.

It was fun to make.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Now I feel young!

Funnily enough, last year for one of the art challenges, we did an advent calender - everyone picked a day and we made art for it. When it was done, I put them all together in one video:

If you can't see it because it's blocked, try here: http://cagranosalis.livejournal.com/2009/12/24/

I hadn't seen those in a while, it would be fun to have a calendar

Well my shippy album currently has 561 pictures and that's just through season 7. So I'm pretty sure I could give you two calendars.

EDIT: If you want to see the whole album click here. It's every shippy moment through S7 in reverse chron. So if you hit slideshow and click on reverse you can watch it all unfold from the beginning. The whole slide show takes about 30 min. (Not kidding when I said I see ship EVERYWHERE!)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I'm starting to feel more and more normal since joining this thread, thank you! It's really great not to be the only one with tons of pics and other shippy stuff on my pc.
                      sigpic

Comment

A little fun

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/vB0SzxNYedHGlIK5

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Just dropping off a fic rec:

If at first you don't succeed...
                          Oh! Rachael fic *rubs hands in anticipation of the read*

Nice picspam hlndncr!

Now there's a plot bunny running around the thread... quick! Someone chuck a net over it before it... it... it breeds!

Although, I just ask hubby (who is the same age as RDA and thus more or less Jack's age too and was married to first wife in 1979 with one kidlet) and his response was "Bo Derek, yes, basically she was famous for being married to a director and taking her kit off a lot." So, nah, he didn't find that sexy (apart from the whole concept of Bolero and... umm, yeah that ) so I could imagine Jack might not necessarily have done the usual male thing and found her particularly appealing. Jack strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't go for the obviously sexy but goes for something a little less tangible anyway.
                          Uma Thurman is hot but not obviously sexy (I mean she doesn't have a pneumatic body that she puts as much of on display at every opportunity) and neither is Mary Steenbergen who we know he has a thing for too. And, looking at his ex wife (who came across as a very capable and independent type of woman), and at Kerry (who came across as a very capable and independent type of woman - are we seeing a pattern here?) then I think he's far more attracted to personality than to looks.
                          I always thought part of the big attraction he has to Sam is precisely because of who she is underneath the fact she's an undeniably beautiful woman. She's completely unconscious of how attractive she really is, but she has this amazing enthusiasm for what she does and is extremely smart and capable in everything she puts her mind to. I think that, to Jack, is what's attractive.

Of course that's not to say Jack would not look at any woman of any era / age and think they're hot. Hubby does sometimes about much younger women (uh one of them sitting right here actually ) but there's a big difference to having a chemically driven physical reaction to a hot body than to having an emotional reaction to a beautiful mind.
                          That was great picscam from hlndncr

My thing is the person who mentions that it would be a great plot bunny should actually be the one to put the bunny out of its misery.

And that would be you CAGS!!!!

Go for it - I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.

Now I feel young!

*sigh* Thank you.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

OT MGM Banckruptcy (but relevant for the making of Movie 3 and giving us our much desired and well-overdue confirmation):

Spoiler:
                            I was just reading some doom and gloom comments on another part of GW about MGM filing for bankruptcy. So I did some investigating. I'm not a bankruptcy expert but I do have some experience with bankruptcy litigation and I thought I would share with you my perspective on what is happening at MGM and what that may mean for us getting the 3rd Stargate movie and confirmation.

So here is what I know. MGM is well over $4 billion in debt and for the last year they have received a temporary reprieve from their creditors as they have tried to work out their financial situation. This has left the studio and all of their projects (including any stargate movies) in limbo. Their first attempt to address the situation by offering the studio and it's catalogue and other assests for sale was a failure when they received bid well below any acceptable asking price. Since then everything has been pretty much on hold while they tried to determine their next move.

This week, the studio presented a prepackaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan to it's creditors for approval. Chap. 11 means that the company will be reorganized under bankruptcy protection but essentially maintain it's viability. What the studio is attempting to do is work everything out by consensus before taking it to court for final approval and implementation.

This is a good thing. Don't let all the doomsday predictors and naysayers tell you otherwise. I've been hoping for some time that MGM would get a bankruptcy package together. Other than selling the studio off piece by piece (the worst possible outcome for getting the stargate movies made), it is the only possible avenue for righting the ship and moving forward.

A preapproved bankruptcy plan can move through the courts and be implemented very quickly. It will unstick the cogs as it were and allow MGM to begin obtaining funding and producing new projects again. We could be seeing substantial forward progress by the end of the year. When I say that, I mean for the studio as a whole. There is still only the smallest glimmer of hope for the stargate movies, but it is a glimmer where before there was only blackness and despair.

The projects that will go forward first will most definitely be The Hobbit, and probably a James Bond movie. These are guaranteed big return money makers for the studio, and in the case of The Hobbit, part of the reorganization plan if I'm reading things correctly. But overall, this is still good news. It will still be a long, long while, but if they are able to obtain new financing and begin producing new projects again, it puts projects with a solid reputation and strong foundation like stargate back on the table.

So take heart. We are talking about SG1, and they always beat the odds!
                            Thanks for the analysis and the positive thoughts! I always have my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            so i'm watching 'broca divide' on hulu.com.

*takes moment to squee*

at the bottom of the screen is this thing called 'heat map'. i was curious so i clicked on it. it shows what's the most viewed/popular parts of an ep i guess. so i saw what was THE most popular, and it was just before the second commercial break. and guess what scene it was?

the sam/jack make out in the locker room scene!!

just had to share that.

*goes back to drooling. i mean viewing ep*
                            Ha! Well, it is a pretty hot scene, so no surprise there. I love the Grace kiss, too, especially in slo-mo.

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                            Happy 10/10/10 to you all!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! Are you guys as excited for turkey and pie as me!?
                            Hey! Another fellow Canadian! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. And yes, I totally enjoyed the turkey and roast beef. I overdid it with the desserts though (apple pie, 4 kinds of cake, donuts, fruit tray, etc.)... I don't think I can eat anything sugary for awhile.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            I'm old enough to remember watching '10' when it first came out in the cinema.

I'd give a perfect 10 to our favourite shippy couple.
                            Yes, I'm old enough to remember when it first came out, too. I agree on the 10 for our favourite couple

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                              That was fun!

Is there a downloadable version?
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

That's amazing - thanks doesn't even cover it!

Comment

Working...
                                X