Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    And Kerry has always held a high place in my Shipper's heart for being so perceptive. I can't picture her as a villain. She was a great character.
    Ditto.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I've always loved Kerry. It was so nice to see a beautiful, successful, and very perceptive woman who not only knew when to bow out of a relationship with a great guy, she was very willing to do it! For the sake of the 'ship and all that!
    I agree, but would add that she also did it to keep herself from getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      I've always loved Kerry. It was so nice to see a beautiful, successful, and very perceptive woman who not only knew when to bow out of a relationship with a great guy, she was very willing to do it! For the sake of the 'ship and all that!
      I couldn't agree more.

I was watching First Commandment on SyFy last night (since I hadn't watched it in a while) and while TPTB say they didn't have any intention of putting Jack with Sam in those early days, they did an awful lot of framing and dialogue to compare Jonas to Jack. The 'lunatic fringe' comment with a cut to Jack. Sam mentioning Jonas' 'black ops' experience. Gee. Same as Jack....

Then, at the end, .... they used Independance Day music!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        I couldn't agree more.

I was watching First Commandment on SyFy last night (since I hadn't watched it in a while) and while TPTB say they didn't have any intention of putting Jack with Sam in those early days, they did an awful lot of framing and dialogue to compare Jonas to Jack. The 'lunatic fringe' comment with a cut to Jack. Sam mentioning Jonas' 'black ops' experience. Gee. Same as Jack....

You know--that's interesting. Ever since coming on this thread, where people point this stuff out, I've noticed more and more how often the directors and PTB frame them like that--or cut from one to another. It started right from the beginning, although they say that they had no intention of suggesting the ship from CotG--right? It seems that the chemistry was just SO right for them right from the pilot.

And I'm talking as characters here--not actors. They just seem to be hyperaware of each other right from the beginning.

And it might have just been convenient, but I think that it shows such a natural progression that it makes it more realistic.

Not that I think that they, as characters, knew immediately, but I think it shows an awareness on all parts of the production that these two had something special.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

You know--that's interesting. Ever since coming on this thread, where people point this stuff out, I've noticed more and more how often the directors and PTB frame them like that--or cut from one to another. It started right from the beginning, although they say that they had no intention of suggesting the ship from CotG--right? It seems that the chemistry was just SO right for them right from the pilot.

And I'm talking as characters here--not actors. They just seem to be hyperaware of each other right from the beginning.

And it might have just been convenient, but I think that it shows such a natural progression that it makes it more realistic.

Not that I think that they, as characters, knew immediately, but I think it shows an awareness on all parts of the production that these two had something special.
          I think TPTB wanted to ship Sam and Jack together from the start but perhaps in a more subtle
          You know when AT was at the interview for Sam's part - they put her stand beside RDA top see if they looked good together - She asked cheeky: "So, is this the swimsuit part of the competition?"

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            I think TPTB wanted to ship Sam and Jack together from the start but perhaps in a more subtle
            You know when AT was at the interview for Sam's part - they put her stand beside RDA top see if they looked good together - She asked cheeky: "So, is this the swimsuit part of the competition?"
            I didn't know that! How funny!
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Sam was a new character in the franchise, since she wasn't in the movie. They could have easily gone with Kawalski as Jack's SIC (I know it would have made an all male team, but it's just an example.) and not bother introduce a new character at all. But since they chose to go with a female scientist, they had to show Jack's reaction to this new presence from the start. IMO, that's why they cut from one to the other often right from the start (since they said they didn't want to go with S/J).

Now, in hindsight, these cuts enable us to see very well their relationship right from the start...

sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hey,
                I am "a new guy" not with the shipping in gerneral just at Gateworld. And I thought I should say "Hi" to the Shippers first. So... Hi.

And I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion for the "When did they realised?!" debate which I am sadly to late for.

I think there were a few points in which they realised the different changes in thier feelings.

For Sam I guess the were "Solitudes", "A 100days" and "Divide and Conquer".
                In "Solituts" she realised that she would care a lot more if he dies as she had for any other CO before.
                In "A 100 days" she reaslised that her feelings for him are a lot more then just friendship and a little crush or atraction.

Jacks poinst were "In the line of duty", and "Divide and Conquer".
                In "Line of duty" he realised the same thing, I think Sam did in "Solitudes", that she meant to him more than any other SIC before her.

And in "Divide and Conquer" I believe they both had to finaly admit that what they feel is the "L" word.

I hold it as short as I could because I think I repaded and agreed a lot but I had some differences in it so I wrote it down in the short version. Hope you don't mind

I hope that what I wrote is making at least some sense for you and doesn't have too many mistakes in it because english is sadly not my native language.
                sigpic
                I have to thank Samantha.Majka for this great banner!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  Sam was a new character in the franchise, since she wasn't in the movie. They could have easily gone with Kawalski as Jack's SIC (I know it would have made an all male team, but it's just an example.) and not bother introduce a new character at all. But since they chose to go with a female scientist, they had to show Jack's reaction to this new presence from the start. IMO, that's why they cut from one to the other often right from the start (since they said they didn't want to go with S/J).

Now, in hindsight, these cuts enable us to see very well their relationship right from the start...

Especially since Kawalski had already had alien interactions not only in the Stargate feature film, but also in the movie Independence Day. (We were watching it the other day and saw him, and my husband and I turned to each other and yelled, "It's Kawalski!")

But aren't we glad that it was Sam and not Kawalski that we're shipping with Jack?
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Brad Wright specifically wanted Amanda Tapping for the role of Sam Carter (IIRC), but the network wanted somebody else (the name of the other actress was never mentioned as far as I know). And BW pretty much insisted that Amanda get the job; and even more so after her audition and seeing her and RDA together. Yay for BW for insisting!

Comment

Hey Mac, welcome to the family!! Post often, laugh a lot, remember to remove IMG tags, and 'ship in every post...you've found a good home here!
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I couldn't agree more.

LOL, and just after she says that, Daniel looks back towards Jack as well.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

And Kerry has always held a high place in my Shipper's heart for being so perceptive. I can't picture her as a villain. She was a great character.
                          I concur

Comment

Interrupting to crosspost, 'cause some of you don't read the Sam/Jack fic rec thread:

Double post, but I'm playing catchup here. I want to be sure to rec AkamaiMom's Taken.

This is a well-plotted, fun, fast read (though good-sized) and a truly enjoyable treat. I love the character of Glinda and think she'd make an excellent Grandmother (hint, hint, Sharon).

You won't be disappointed, this is a terrific Sam character story with great Sam/Jack implied, noted, discussed, etc... great job. In fact, I've recently employed one of the phrases from the fic with my own students, "Put on your big-girl pants and get it done." Excellent.

Enjoy.

And...do I still need something shippy? Hmm... (hey, it's hard to type with a broken index finger!)
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                              Haha, I love that!

And here's the interview, to anyone who hasn't seen it before. That particular comment is somewhere in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xag8UHwlKuQ
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by mac409 View Post
                                Hey,
                                I am "a new guy" not with the shipping in gerneral just at Gateworld. And I thought I should say "Hi" to the Shippers first. So... Hi.
                                Welcome to the S/J Shipper Thread! ;D (Oh and GW too. )
                                Hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

1. Especially since Kawalski had already had alien interactions not only in the Stargate feature film, but also in the movie Independence Day. (We were watching it the other day and saw him, and my husband and I turned to each other and yelled, "It's Kawalski!")

2. But aren't we glad that it was Sam and not Kawalski that we're shipping with Jack?
                                1. I have to rewatch Independance Day. I didn't know that! :O (Probably because the last time I watched it, I was at SG1 season 2, so not a big SG fan yet. ;PP)

2. LMAO. That made me laugh. XD We are SO GLAD, indeed.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Brad Wright specifically wanted Amanda Tapping for the role of Sam Carter (IIRC), but the network wanted somebody else (the name of the other actress was never mentioned as far as I know). And BW pretty much insisted that Amanda get the job; and even more so after her audition and seeing her and RDA together. Yay for BW for insisting!
                                I didn't know that. I'm curious as to who the other actress is. o_ô By now, I can't imagine anyone else than AT, that's sure.

SJShipper93, thanks for the link! I'll certainly watch it. ;D
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X