Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I agree. Enjoyed that one. And I totally love Dreamweaver's The Naming Game. Makes me smile everytime I read it.
    Yep. The Naming Game is delightful. Wish she'd write a follow-up about how Sam might get even with Jack for what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      OT SOCCER:
      Spoiler:
      WE WONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
      WE WON EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT Soccer
      Spoiler:
      Congratulations - I just follow the fortunes of the Special One.............

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        OT: I went to a baseball game this past Thursday and I was just thInking do u think Jack and Sam go to baseball games when ever they have a chance?
        Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Speaking of 'new Jack' and SGU: (random totally unrelated to anything plot-wise spoilers for the new episode of SGU):
        Spoiler:
        Anyone else think about how significant it potentially is that Jack has a picture of Charlie hanging in his office now? If you recall, back in season one of SG1, he had one hidden in his locker and information about Charlie had to be dragged out of him. I think this shows a significant change in his attitude about his relationship with Charlie and the great amount of healing he's gone through since then; his past with Charlie is no longer a part of him he's hiding and trying not to think about but something he's embracing and has out in the open on display.

Something that also came out in a discussion I was having elsewhere which I'd noticed but forgot to mention here is Jack's rather pensive "I know why I'm special" said simply with just a trace of light-heartedness and not as a cynical joke. I can't imagine the old self-effacing and often self-deriding Jack ever making that statement in that way and I really do think it's reflective of his new-found balance and self-respect.

Both these things, IMHO, point to a Jack far more aware of and comfortable his one worth and no longer hiding who he is behind a cynical facade. And, yes, because I do believe he got together with Sam after Threads and has been in a mostly stable relationship since then, I attribute his change-in-attitude in large part to that relationship, just as I attribute many of Sam's changes to it. Not that a relationship can change everything or solve all your problems, but a stable foundation at the end of the day really can make overall balance and happiness everywhere else easier to achieve.

At least.

IMHO.

EDIT: And... *giggle* how much I can write on such a little bit of screen time. Can you imagine a new jack-centric movie? This is, btw, why I almost never go to bed before 2am on Friday nights for half the year.
        Here's a screencap of Jack's office at the SGC from "Lockdown". See picture in lower lefthand corner on credenza by the door.

Comment

Here's a screencap of Jack's office at the SGC from "Lockdown". See picture in lower lefthand corner on credenza by the door.
          AND--I believe both concerns have been answered. . .

sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

A lovely little fic, probably Season 1 or 2 of SG1, from Jacob's POV:

Friends, Colleagues, or Whatever Else by Regency

Comment

Icon making question for all you graphics inclined people -

Spoiler:
              So there is a sad, depressing amount of Dexter icons and I have decided that I will make myself some! Here are my issues: 1. I'm on a netbook, I can't load anything from CD/DVD so is there free software out there I can download? 2. See previous problem, what's the best way to go about getting screen caps? Are there communities where people will post unaltered, good quality screen caps and allow snurching if credited?

I know nothing about this.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Yep. The Naming Game is delightful. Wish she'd write a follow-up about how Sam might get even with Jack for what he did.
                I thought this was her revenge: Kids These Days.

Comment

OT Soccer

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  Yay! I hope I can watch it. There is not a lot of coverage here
                  Most interesting match next week for me will be England vs USA. My family is gonna be divided on the result of that one for sure! Unless they draw...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    I thought this was her revenge: Kids These Days.
                    Oooh ... thank you. I guess I didn't browse far enough since I missed that one. Going off to read it now.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...803_0099-1.jpg
                      Cood catch Hedwig. I think that the picture there, then (when he's the General in charge of the SGC) really goes to Jenn's point. He's able now to see it and remember the love. The one at home is easy to bypass if you don't want to look, the one in his office at SGC is in front of him where he'd look up to see it all the time.

Of course, someone might have already said the above, but I'm a few pages behind. Working on the Campfire prompted by a reviewer, this one called Another Hundred Days, coming soon to a ff site near you. <g>
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Spoiler:
                        So there is a sad, depressing amount of Dexter icons and I have decided that I will make myself some! Here are my issues: 1. I'm on a netbook, I can't load anything from CD/DVD so is there free software out there I can download? 2. See previous problem, what's the best way to go about getting screen caps? Are there communities where people will post unaltered, good quality screen caps and allow snurching if credited?

For the program, a lot of people use GIMP available at gimp.net (I believe) for free. I don't know much about Dexter or its fandom, but I have googled screencaps for various movies and found them.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          For the program, a lot of people use GIMP available at gimp.net (I believe) for free. I don't know much about Dexter or its fandom, but I have googled screencaps for various movies and found them.
                          re: OT

Spoiler:
                          You can get portable editions of GIMP and a piece of software called IcoFX....which is what I would recommend if all you want to do right now is create icons. GIMP can do them too but it's meant to be a full-featured photo and image editor. IcoFX is what you need if the only thing you need is an icon editor. These portable editions are designed to install and run solely from a pendrive or other portable media such as memory cards like the kind found in digital cameras (those can be used for data storage too). Here's the website:

http://portableapps.com/apps/graphic.../gimp_portable - the page for the portable edition of GIMP
                          http://portableapps.com/apps/graphic...icofx_portable - the page for the portable edition of IcoFX

Comment

Just watching CotG. I've decided that for the most part I like the recut better than the original. But it is missing one of my favorite moments; the first time Jack made Sam laugh, and she tries to hide her smile for one of his awful jokes.

cap003.jpg

Comment

Hey everyone.

OT question on Sanctuary

Spoiler:
                              When does it start. I thought the new season was supposed to start in April??

And how about that Sam and Jack huh!
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                                Hey everyone.

OT question on Sanctuary

Spoiler:
                                When does it start. I thought the new season was supposed to start in April??

And how about that Sam and Jack huh!
                                Sanctuary -
                                Spoiler:
                                I was under the impression it started back up in October. *shrugs*

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X