• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Speaking of which (kind of--HEDWIG)

Spoiler:
    Did you get my email?
    Spoiler:
    I just did a few minutes ago. And sent you a message back. Have been busy doing other stuff today and hadn't checked my e-mail or anything much else until now.

Comment

OT: But S/J related (okay, Campfire related, but still...)
      Spoiler:
      Does anyone remember of the DHD was visible at the end of 100 Days, just before Jack goes to invite Laira to come home?
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        OT: But S/J related (okay, Campfire related, but still...)
        Spoiler:
        Does anyone remember of the DHD was visible at the end of 100 Days, just before Jack goes to invite Laira to come home?
        You see the gate with the DHD next to it at the beginning of the episode, when Sam is talking on the radio. The gate and DHD are set aways away from the village on a bit of a slope, out of sight of the village. So I'm sure it isn't, since the gate wasn't visible from that scene at the end of the episode, and it was never visible from the village even at the beginning of the episode.

Comment

You see the gate with the DHD next to it at the beginning of the episode, when Sam is talking on the radio. The gate and DHD are set aways away from the village on a bit of a slope, out of sight of the village. So I'm sure it isn't, since the gate wasn't visible from that scene at the end of the episode, and it was never visible from the village even at the beginning of the episode.
          Here's my question. Why don't they mount a DHD on the MALP? Wouldn't that make sense to take one with them?
          But if the 'Gate was so buried that they had to dig it out with the wormhole thing, how did they find the DHD? And wouldn't it have been destroyed? I've always questioned that. And I admit, I don't watch that episode except for the Sam/Janet scene, so. . .
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Here's my question. Why don't they mount a DHD on the MALP? Wouldn't that make sense to take one with them?
            But if the 'Gate was so buried that they had to dig it out with the wormhole thing, how did they find the DHD? And wouldn't it have been destroyed? I've always questioned that. And I admit, I don't watch that episode except for the Sam/Janet scene, so. . .
            THat's what I'm addressing in my Campfire. My original question was, at the END of the ep, when the gate is back in place, is there a DHD? I know what's there before the gate gets destroyed, and in the next ep, Shades of Grey, Jack goes to Edora and right away uses a DHD to go elsewhere, so there's one then. I'm just not sure (without going back and rewatching the end) if there's a DHD visible when Jack says goodbye to Laira.

Comment

THat's what I'm addressing in my Campfire. My original question was, at the END of the ep, when the gate is back in place, is there a DHD? I know what's there before the gate gets destroyed, and in the next ep, Shades of Grey, Jack goes to Edora and right away uses a DHD to go elsewhere, so there's one then. I'm just not sure (without going back and rewatching the end) if there's a DHD visible when Jack says goodbye to Laira.
              There is no DHD or gate visible at all in the scene where Jack says goodbye to Laira.

And in "Shades of Grey", the gate and DHD had been moved away from the crater made by the meteor shower, because it's up on a hillside with lots of green grass and trees, while the depression the gate had been buried in is seen off to the right

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                There is no DHD or gate visible at all in the scene where Jack says goodbye to Laira.

And in "Shades of Grey", the gate and DHD had been moved away from the crater made by the meteor shower, because it's up on a hillside with lots of green grass and trees, while the depression the gate had been buried in is seen off to the right
                Awesome. Thanks Hedwig.

Comment

For your reading pleasure, another Campfire. This is sort of a bonus-round for 100 Days, just 'cause someone asked me.

Thanks, Tammy, for the awesome and fast beta so late at night.

P.

Edit: Huh. Look, I've passed 1,900 posts! Cool.

Comment

Congrats on 1900 Pol!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

For your reading pleasure, another Campfire. This is sort of a bonus-round for 100 Days, just 'cause someone asked me.

Thanks, Tammy, for the awesome and fast beta so late at night.

P.

Edit: Huh. Look, I've passed 1,900 posts! Cool.
                      Thanks, I enjoy your writing.

Congrats on reaching 1900 posts, you are that much closer to being able to use a custom avatar. *is very jealous*
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Video spam

The quote for the next challenge is:

I would rather have tasted her lips just once, touched her skin, one time, and made love to her for one night, than spend the rest of my life without ever knowing that.

~From City of Angels

Join us on: http://penguinschallenge.webs.com/
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks XF Chemist! I needed those today!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Thanks XF Chemist! I needed those today!
                            You're welcome!
                            ...and if you join us on the site we'll be very happy!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hey...anyone know of some good Fan Fic out there..feel like i've read them all.... of course Sam Jack...

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                              Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Hey...anyone know of some good Fan Fic out there..feel like i've read them all.... of course Sam Jack...
                                There's a Sam/Jack fic recommendation thread. . .it's in the Fanfic section of the Forum.

But tons of us write fic, so asking that question will get you incredibly enormous amounts of high quality angsty/fluffy/guttery/adventurous/romantic wonderfulness.

Just so you know. . .
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X