Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    OOH--That there is 36 seconds of AWESOME! Thanks for sharing, and break away!
    ditto.

Brilliant video. Thanks, CM, for sharing!
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
      *pops up*
      ... sorry to break up your episode discussion.
      But you'll forgive me!
      This is amazing.
      That is a great vid!! Thanks for sharing
      sigpic

Comment

Hah - it might be our only chance - time waits for no-one - even Jack O'Neill
        NO, but he has, from time to time, traveled backwards in time. So it didn't wait, but he still worked it in his favor!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

NO, but he has, from time to time, traveled backwards in time. So it didn't wait, but he still worked it in his favor!
          Please don't start one of those discussions about time travel - it makes my brain mushy(ier). I read them and think "Oh I could comment" then think would I understand what I wrote, did they - were they - have they - they must have fished - tell me they fished see what happens

Comment

were they - have they - they must have fished - tell me they fished see what happens
            Oh--there was fishing. Believe me. They fished.

And really, isn't that the most important thing?
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

It is - and as I still recover from Pol's most recent campfire - I shall hold that thought

Comment

sigpic

Comment

It is - and as I still recover from Pol's most recent campfire - I shall hold that thought
                  I know! And I'm even writing angsty right now--and it doesn't touch that one!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    I actually disagree slightly (though I think most I've talked to agree with you.) I can't believe Sam, for all her emotional naiveté, was unaware of the significance of her actions or her desperation to get Jack back. I actually think she realized she loved Jack back around the time of the short talk with Janet. There's something pensive in her attitude toward Janet there. I think when she told Janet it wasn't a problem she meant her feelings for her CO weren't going to get her in trouble as she wasn't going to let them effect her or prevent her from doing her job. Or, in other words, she had control of her emotions and planned on simply ignoring them.

Her reaction to seeing Jack with Laira then, IMHO, is simply acknowledgement that it was going to be harder than she'd thought to keep her emotions intact and sort of sad realization and acceptance that nothing had changed except she was now going to be hurt by what she couldn't have, but still believing she wasn't really going to let any of it effect her job or her professionalism. In other words, that it 'wasn't a problem'. And I think she continued to believe this, really, until standing in front of that force field in Upgrades and realizing it was, in fact, A Problem.
                    I am in agreement with you Jenn. There is absolutely no way that Sam wasn't aware of her feelings towards Jack during this episode. The desperation of getting him back and the acknowledgement of her missing him, was pretty much an eye opener for her. And to express her emotions physically by turning away with such a hurt look on her face at the end when Jack went to Laira, just shows how powerful it was and that she couldn't keep it in anymore.

OOH--That there is 36 seconds of AWESOME! Thanks for sharing, and break away!
                    I agree! Break away and drop in vids whenever you want.

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                    Please don't start one of those discussions about time travel - it makes my brain mushy(ier). I read them and think "Oh I could comment" then think would I understand what I wrote, did they - were they - have they - they must have fished - tell me they fished see what happens
                    They make my brain mushy too.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                      *passes the Asgard-enhanced time travel meds*...

Comment

On the front page of our local weekly newspaper, there's a picture of somebody looking out over a small body of water and there's a fishing lure in the water. The caption says "Take me fishing". Of course, you know what that made me think of??? I'm pretty sure any time I see that quote, I will forever be reminded of Sam and Jack!

I seem to be alone in here.......and it's been 12 hours between posts!!!!

Comment

I seem to be alone in here.......and it's been 12 hours between posts!!!!
                          I know! I use this and Facebook as rewards for doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and there has been precious little going on there, either!

So I'll bite (to continue the fishing metaphor):

I was watching Solitudes yesterday in my studio. . . (BTW Hedwig--guess whose quilt is scheduled for next week???) and was struck by how young Sam seems in it. We've been debating the whole "when did they KNOW" question about when Sam and Jack both knew for certain that they were in with each other.

I was watching and thinking how (forgive me) annoyingly eager she is during the first season, and it struck me that she matures a lot during Season 2--so I think that he might have been attracted to her physically during Seasons 1 and 2, but then he wouldn't have really wanted more at that point because psychologically they were on completely different planes. He's black ops and has seen some bad stuff, and she's idealistic and eager. Season 3 sees her mature even more, and then in Season 4, she's finally becoming the Sam that I really recognize as "SAM".

I think that she had to go through that process in order to truly appeal to him on a deeper level instead of on a shallow "she's hot" level. In order for them to have a lasting relationship, she had to grow up a little bit.

I know that there is more to it than this, but this is just a point that really stuck out to me.

Thoughts?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

I wanted to point out a Sam checking Jack's bum out moment in WoO. I watched this recently and at the end when Jack is talking to Malikai on the planet and he lowers the shield, Jack moves towards Malikai and they pan to Teal'c, Sam and Daniel. During this frame, Sam's eyes go down and then up when looking at Jack's retreating backside. I swear she is checking out his bum. You need to take a look.
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I wanted to point out a Sam checking Jack's bum out moment in WoO. I watched this recently and at the end when Jack is talking to Malikai on the planet and he lowers the shield, Jack moves towards Malikai and they pan to Teal'c, Sam and Daniel. During this frame, Sam's eyes go down and then up when looking at Jack's retreating backside. I swear she is checking out his bum. You need to take a look.
                              **runs off to check out the checking out**

I'll watch the ep ANY time!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

I know! I use this and Facebook as rewards for doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and there has been precious little going on there, either!

So I'll bite (to continue the fishing metaphor):

I was watching Solitudes yesterday in my studio. . . (BTW Hedwig--guess whose quilt is scheduled for next week???) and was struck by how young Sam seems in it. We've been debating the whole "when did they KNOW" question about when Sam and Jack both knew for certain that they were in with each other.

I was watching and thinking how (forgive me) annoyingly eager she is during the first season, and it struck me that she matures a lot during Season 2--so I think that he might have been attracted to her physically during Seasons 1 and 2, but then he wouldn't have really wanted more at that point because psychologically they were on completely different planes. He's black ops and has seen some bad stuff, and she's idealistic and eager. Season 3 sees her mature even more, and then in Season 4, she's finally becoming the Sam that I really recognize as "SAM".

I think that she had to go through that process in order to truly appeal to him on a deeper level instead of on a shallow "she's hot" level. In order for them to have a lasting relationship, she had to grow up a little bit.

I know that there is more to it than this, but this is just a point that really stuck out to me.

Thoughts?
                                It is exactly what I think!! I just started re-watching SG1 and I've got to disc 2 now. When I was watching this first eps I found Sam's behavior quite irritating!! If fact I realized why I didn't like this character unlit season 2 when I watched SG1 for the first time!!

I think that later on Amanda had a little bit more influence on her character then at the very beginning, and that might be the reason.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X