Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Stumbled upon it by accident. That picture posted the other day, of Jack staring that we couldn't place, was from 2001 when he's watching the Aschen and the ambassador talk.
    Cool, thanks!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Regularamanda has updated her story Memor
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Must rec this vid also in here...mostly SG crew vid but also has some small BtS S/J RDA/AT moments

Blame it on the Pop

too lazy for the vid imbedding thing since I don't know the code...or pretend not to know it

I absolutely love that vid!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

My favourite shippy moments:

Season One:

COTG: The walk up the ramp where she tells him that he'll like her when he gets to know her and he answers 'I adore you already' (I can't believe it was cut out of the remix) followed by her glee over the event horizon and him pushing her in the wormhole.

Why? Because it's so early in their relationship but the banter shows that they're connecting as people and while I don't think either is head over heels in love with the other at this point, it's the beginning of them finding out how the other works.

Season Two:

ITLOD: I could probably just say the whole episode as I think this is where Jack works out that he cares more than he should for her, (and I also love the gate room scene where Jack is just so worried about *Sam* regardless of the fact that the Goa'uld is threatening them) but especially the scene where Jack walks out (and effectively leaves her behind) because he can't trust that it's Sam even when she's pleading with him not to leave her.

Why? Because it was Sam.

Season Three:

A Hundred Days: The scene right at the end when Sam looks at Jack with Laira and turns away.

Why? Because that for me is when Sam works out exactly why she's been working so hard to get him home: that she's in love with him.

Season Four:

WOO: The kiss.

Why? Because it proves unequivocally that the two of them care more than they should for each other and it's definitely not just about friendship.

Season Five:

Desperate Measures: The scene where Maybourne warns Jack that Sam might not be coming back.

Why? Because it showed that Jack still cared more than he should about Sam.

Season Six:

Paradise Lost: When Sam breaks down and cries on Teal'c's shoulder.

Why? Because it showed Sam still cared more than she should about Jack.

Season Seven:

Evolution: The scene at the end where they stop and have their own private conversation after the others leave the gate room before Jack invites Sam to lunch.

Why? Because it just has this sweet boy loves girl/girl loves boy tone to the whole thing.

Season Eight:

Threads: Always.

Why? Because it's them admitting that despite all their best efforts, they still love each other.

Season Nine

EDM: "Not Exactly"

Why? Because Sam isn't exactly single and she has a smug face, and she's so thinking about Jack at that moment.

Season Ten

The Shroud: Sam and Jack standing in her office and just talking.

Why? RST.

Ark of Truth: Saying goodbye to Mitchell.

Why? Because she's so obviously on her way out to see Jack and go fishing, I don't care what anyone else says.

Continuum: The moment where Sam simply cannot function when they come through the wormhole after Jack's death.

Why? Because that's how much losing Jack affects her, that's how much he means to her that her world would stop without him in it.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
            Well, that got my shippy mojo going!

Comment

Love it, Rachel.

Every single moment makes me smile. Of course, I have a thousand more, but who doesn't? I'm pleased you can manage to pick one moment in each season. That's impressive.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                Love it, Rachel.

Every single moment makes me smile. Of course, I have a thousand more, but who doesn't? I'm pleased you can manage to pick one moment in each season. That's impressive.
                I second this!
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Ah but AT didn't write the scene and this is also the same woman who said Sam had a thing with Teal'c in Unending...

i know.

but this is AMANDA, queen of scifi and the universe, so (((amanda)))

*wonders if that was just a little bit low.*

*hands Sally witch hazel for stubbed toe.*

*hands Sally wet kipper to slap me with for scareligious comment*
                  *looks up what wet kipper is*

*hopes I haven't sparked a whole debate about that non-thing too*
                  this is no thing to debate.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    this is no thing to debate.

Exactly.

*ducks wet kipper*
                    sigpic

Comment

i was driving today. this popped into my head...

-setting: jack's kitchen, breakfast time-

sam: jack?

jack: hmm?

sam: pass the cream.

~moment~

sam: pass the splenda.

jack: k...

~moment~

sam: marry me?

jack: k...

*blinks*

jack: what???

*sam grins, still reading the paper*

=this message brought to you by Starbucks, where good taste, high caloric intake, and caffeine combine to give you a wicked boost=
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

That's awesome Sally!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Oooh, can I play?

Season 1

Broca Divide kiss.

Why? Because it's hot and shows that they were attracted to each other right from the beginning. And have I mentioned it's hot?

If the kisses are excluded for some reason, I'd go with Jack's "tank top" comment.

Season 2

Sam explaining wormholes to Jack in A Matter of Time

Why? At this point I don't see anything shippy between them yet, but this conversation shows that they have really become friends. There's banter, teasing and smiles, Jack isn't afraid to show that he doesn't understand what Sam says and she doesn't think of him any less for it. They trust each other and are comfortable around each other.

Season 3

The last scene of POV, when our Sam watches Jack kiss AU Sam

Why? Because that scene made me a shipper!

Season 4

"Feelin' feelings/ her head on his shoulder" scene in BtS

Why? For me it's even more powerful that all the shippiness from D&C combined. This time it's just Jack and just Sam, stripped of everything but their personalities and feelings, behaving like a normal couple. It's very sweet and poignant at the same time.

Season 5

Lunch in Proving Ground

Why? Because after almost shipless first half of the season suddenly Jack/Sam banter and teasing is back with full force. This scene always makes me smile.

Season 6

I agree with Rachel, locker scene in Paradise Lost, for the reasons she stated.

My runner up is cute little scene at the end of Memento when Sam and Jack are just grinning at each other. Because of no particular reason.

Season 7

The last scene of Lost City, Sam touching frozen Jack

Why? Because it's one of the most poignant and powerful scenes in the entire show, and shows how much Sam cares for him even when she claims to be happy with another guy.

Season 8

Fishing!!! in Threads/Moebius

Because, well, it's a perfect ending. Sam finally agreed to go fishing with Jack and they are both clearly enjoying it. What more could I want?

For the last 2 seasons and the movies I agree with Rachel:

Spoiler:

Season Nine

EDM: "Not Exactly"

Why? Because Sam isn't exactly single and she has a smug face, and she's so thinking about Jack at that moment.

Season Ten

The Shroud: Sam and Jack standing in her office and just talking.

Why? RST.

Ark of Truth: Saying goodbye to Mitchell.

Why? Because she's so obviously on her way out to see Jack and go fishing, I don't care what anyone else says.

Continuum: The moment where Sam simply cannot function when they come through the wormhole after Jack's death.

Why? Because that's how much losing Jack affects her, that's how much he means to her that her world would stop without him in it.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Popping in (btw - anyone seen Bren Ren lately??)

I don't know if I could break down my favorite shippy moments by season (I don't have the attention span at the moment). I think perhaps at the very least they would include the cafeteria scene in WoO (what not the kiss?! While certain phenomenal - I love the way Jack watches her and the flirty smile she gives him). Affinity's ring scene (dude, I live in the cavern!). The "always" scene in threads. The scene in D&C when it's AT alone (I think the commentary mentions the brief second she looks into the camera) before she runs out to see Jack doing what noble men do for their lady. Also - the forcefield scene. The hug in Heroes.

Both them capture such depth and emotion.

I think we were trying to think of a ship completely opposite - Ross & Rachel on Friends. No matter what you say, I don't think there's an argument to be had for maturity LOL

On another note:

I'm in a cabin in Wisconsin right now and on our way up we passed "Jack's boat rentals" :: giggles :: Maybe I'm in the Moebius universe?

Comment

I'll play the favorite game, but I'll go simply favorite episodes instead of specific scenes cause I have trouble picking a fav scene from these episodes.

1) Fire and Water because I think that was the episode they both emotionally and physically crossed the line though it was completely instinctive and unintentional and I don't even think either of them realized it. That hug after she's hypnotized is just amazing.

2) ITLoD because. Well. Angst.

3) 100 Days. Angst again, though if I had to say I think my favorite scene is the one when Janet asks Sam if her desperation to get Jack back is a problem because I think Sam knew through her need to get him back she was in love with him, and I think Janet knew, too, and I think that was Sam's (mistaken) reassurance that she had her emotions firmly under control...

4) Entity. Refer to Seasons 2 and 3 The moment when Jack looks into Sam's eyes and the Entity says he won't harm 'that one' cause she's important... there's something in Jack's look. *sigh*

5) Desperate Measures. Pretty much for what Rachel said. And I adore the way they reunite there at the gurney, and he just touches her nearly offscreen as though he just can't *help* it.

6) Redemption. Cause I'm weird. And I love the fact he volunteers to go with her on the ship. And I love the banter at the elevator. And her relief when she finds out he's okay.

7) Evolution. Not necessarily for shippy reasons, though I love the scenes everyone else has mentioned, but because I just love that episode. *Everyone* has such wonderful things to do, even Dr. Lee and Colonel Reynolds. It's just a brilliant fun.

8) Seriously.

9) Arthur's Mantle. Again - not necessarily shippy. My favorite moment is the one Rachel mentioned in EDM, "Not Exactly", because, as even JM suggested, it's pretty much confirmation in the way she says it.

10) Uninvited. I'm not sure why. Maybe refer to Evolution. And I love Sam's attitude throughout. And how at home she is at the cabin.

Comment

Awesome lists, Petra and Rachel (and Jenn, who posted while my ficlet hit me). Cool. I've saved them both to ponder.

Just 'cause I needed it.

OT, but fun and Sam-related:
                                Spoiler:
                                My fingers are *achin'*!! As some of you might remember, I spent most of 2009 in a cast; therefore could not play my fiddle (broken right scaphoid bone (in right wrist that eventually needed surgery to fix, shredded tendons and all). Well today I pulled the poor lonely thing out of its case, retuned her and tried some tunes.

Wow!

Those calluses are G-O-N-E!

But it made me think of Sam and the cello (which I've always wanted to try). Happy sigh.

Despite the events of Unending not happening, I like to think that part of Sam's "getting a life" (with JACK, of course!) included the purchase of a lovely old cello. :::sigh::: now I want one.

Huh...ficlet just popped into my head...which is now past "ficlet" stage and posted to ff.net.

Afternoon Etude

Edit:
                                Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                I'm in a cabin in Wisconsin right now and on our way up we passed "Jack's boat rentals" :: giggles :: Maybe I'm in the Moebius universe?
                                Really?
                                Spoiler:
                                Anywhere near my hometown of Kenosha? Or my college town of Madison? Hmm? Makin' me homesick!
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X