Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
    I've done this one before, answering a proposal question I posted on here a little while back...here's mine.

Sam: I'll miss our fishing trips.
    Jack: You know we won't be that far away.
    Sam: Jack...Nevada and DC aren't exactly close...
    Jack: 2,430 miles, give or take. I Googled it.
    Sam: *smiles* You know...I've been thinking...
    Jack: I seriously doubt you stop.
    Sam: Jack...I'm trying to be serious here.
    Jack: So am I, I said 'seriously', however, go ahead.
    Sam: Maybe the fishing trips don't have to end.
    Jack: What do you mean?
    Sam: I mean...what do you think about you and me fishing...forever?
    Jack: *clears his throat* I did say always.
    Sam: Yes, you did...
    Jack: I think that could be arranged.
    Sam: So, that's a yes?
    Jack: Of course it's a yes, Carter.
    Sam: I guess that means we're engaged?
    Jack: Yes.
    Sam: Sweet.
    Jack: *smiles* Yes, and you asked me.
    Sam: For some reason I knew you would say yes.
    Jack: You know they say great minds think alike. *pulls out a burgundy ring box and hands it to Sam*
    Sam: Jack...
    Jack: Sam...
    hahaha love it!!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    At the cabin. And Daniel, Teal'c and Cassie were there. But only them. And at the cabin. Definitely.

At least, that's how it happened in my universe
    ohhh i love how it happened it your universe!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    the elopement can be just as romantic, i agree!

i have this image, vision, of them going to lake tahoe (nevada), in the winter, and marrying, with a breathtaking background of snow covered mountains and the lake... *sighs*
    thatd be so beautiful!! i like that idea tons
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

So the episode where Daniel dies (the first time ) was on today. First time I'd seen it in ages and ages. I came in at about halfway through at the part where Sam is looking at Daniel in the bed through the window. At first, I thought it was the scene where Sam is sitting there watching Jacob die because the angles and lighting are the exact same. But then Janet came in to comfort/commiserate with Sam. Then I flash forwarded in my mind when Sam is thanking Jack for being there "always" and it gave that whole moment even more depth for me. So yeah, my shippy moment of the day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        So the episode where Daniel dies (the first time ) was on today. First time I'd seen it in ages and ages. I came in at about halfway through at the part where Sam is looking at Daniel in the bed through the window. At first, I thought it was the scene where Sam is sitting there watching Jacob die because the angles and lighting are the exact same. But then Janet came in to comfort/commiserate with Sam. Then I flash forwarded in my mind when Sam is thanking Jack for being there "always" and it gave that whole moment even more depth for me. So yeah, my shippy moment of the day.
        awh excellent!
        i am about to have my shippy moment of the day...i'm currently watching In The Line Of Duty
        sigpic

Comment

*RESAYS what I had asked before*

Is it me or was there a notion that they (Sam & Jack) were going out??
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

what do you mean? And when? During the show?
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Spoilers for Space:
              Spoiler:
              Actually, in Justice he wore a uniform down to the planet (as even the civilians have tended to do when going off-ship) so it makes sense he'd have still had his original clothing waiting for him back on the Destiny. I can't speak for predictability of plot (let's face it, almost all TV is pretty predictable) but I love the fact I'm never sure what the characters are going to do because at least they don't act like TV characters which is pretty amazing. IMHO, of course.

And On Topic:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/th_mobius2.gif
              Thanks Jenn, I totally forgot about that. That's what happens when there is a long break between episodes.

Sally, I can see Jack proposing because he's an officer and a gentleman.

Brooke, I love your proposal. It was on both of their mind's but Sam asked first.

yessika, I just noticed you are using my Fight for the Greenlight banner. Awesome! I've never had anyone use one of mine before. Just please credit which I see you did in your sigline.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post

Ummm, not during SG1, I don't think. But, I've heard in interviews that there was a scene in "Trio" that ended up on the cutting room floor where Keller and Sam are talking about relationships and Sam says something to the effect of things being "complicated" because an unnamed "he" is in "DC".

So, to answer your question, kind of, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                  Ummm, not during SG1, I don't think. But, I've heard in interviews that there was a scene in "Trio" that ended up on the cutting room floor where Keller and Sam are talking about relationships and Sam says something to the effect of things being "complicated" because an unnamed "he" is in "DC".

well, i think by that time i think most of are assuming they were already married so yes
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes--I've actually seen those scenes--but I'm not sure where. Maybe on the DVD? Of course, I might be delusional--that's often the case, these days!

But they didn't date during the first 8 seasons of SG-1. I believe that they did after that, and got married and immediately started arguing over how to put the toilet paper on the roll (I vote 'under'--that way when the baby stands there and spins it, it doesn't all unwind. . .) and which tomatoes are better--Roma or Hothouse. . .just like an old married couple because in reality, they've been living in each others' pockets for long enough that those kinds of things are arguable. . .

And because they just HAD to have something to 'make up' over. Because 'making up' is pretty fun, sometimes. . .

I'm just sayin'
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                      I've done this one before, answering a proposal question I posted on here a little while back...here's mine.

Sam: I'll miss our fishing trips.
                      Jack: You know we won't be that far away.
                      Sam: Jack...Nevada and DC aren't exactly close...
                      Jack: 2,430 miles, give or take. I Googled it.
                      Sam: *smiles* You know...I've been thinking...
                      Jack: I seriously doubt you stop.
                      Sam: Jack...I'm trying to be serious here.
                      Jack: So am I, I said 'seriously', however, go ahead.
                      Sam: Maybe the fishing trips don't have to end.
                      Jack: What do you mean?
                      Sam: I mean...what do you think about you and me fishing...forever?
                      Jack: *clears his throat* I did say always.
                      Sam: Yes, you did...
                      Jack: I think that could be arranged.
                      Sam: So, that's a yes?
                      Jack: Of course it's a yes, Carter.
                      Sam: I guess that means we're engaged?
                      Jack: Yes.
                      Sam: Sweet.
                      Jack: *smiles* Yes, and you asked me.
                      Sam: For some reason I knew you would say yes.
                      Jack: You know they say great minds think alike. *pulls out a burgundy ring box and hands it to Sam*
                      Sam: Jack...
                      Jack: Sam...
                      nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        Thanks Jenn, I totally forgot about that. That's what happens when there is a long break between episodes.

Sally, I can see Jack proposing because he's an officer and a gentleman.

Brooke, I love your proposal. It was on both of their mind's but Sam asked first.

yessika, I just noticed you are using my Fight for the Greenlight banner. Awesome! I've never had anyone use one of mine before. Just please credit which I see you did in your sigline.
                        Yes, I using a few of your sigs actually

It was pretty funny when I finished loading the pics onto the sig rotator and I noticed I had no space to give credit I'm so happy that links exist
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                          Short answer: I think most of us believe (as many of those involved in the show including JM, MG, and MW and even AT herself have also stated) that in one way or another that Sam and Jack are a couple.

Long answer: Here.

Comment

Short answer: I think most of us believe (as many of those involved in the show including JM, MG, and MW and even AT herself have also stated) that in one way or another that Sam and Jack are a couple.

Long answer: Here.
                            HAHA I looove the long answer. You totally make a great point.
                            sigpic
                            My tumblr

Comment

well i definately think they are together as i have always believed it was the main reason jack left the SGC.
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                                well i definately think they are together as i have always believed it was the main reason jack left the SGC.
                                I agree completely.

Yeah. That's all I've got. I already linked my long answer today

EDIT: Except (like any of you actually believed that was all I was going to say) to add I thought it was rather clever to use getting together with Sam as a reason to explain why Jack would leave the SGC and go to Washington in order to explain RDA's departure yet remaining availability for guest shots. Few shows have, IMHO, explained the departure of a regular in such a natural and character consistent way. I was actually amazed when I entered fandom that it wasn't as obvious to everyone else as it had been to me as simply a viewer (and not even a shipper at the time). But I had also not realized until then there was such a divide over what was, to me, an obvious aspect of the show and, to be honest, the subtlety of the explanation - allowing folks to either see the 'shippy' reason or come up with one of their own - enhances rather than detracts from the cleverness of it. All IMHO, of course

Comment

Working...
                                X