Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Absolutely. He's so personable and normal.
    That's cause you can take the boy out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest out of the boy...
    Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Must be like Arizona. HOT in the summer (thank all that's holy for my POOL) and cool, but not really cold in the winter. We always say here that there are two seasons. Summer, and Slightly Cooler than Summer.
    Around here we've only got two seasons, too. Winter and construction.

Speaking of which, and otherwise totally OT about Olympics, one of the funniest things ever... -
    Spoiler:
    They interviewed someone on the local news who'd gone all the way to Vancouver for less than 24 hours to watch one of the hockey games and he'd worn a cheese head painted with the American flag. Yeah. That's it in a nutshell... And about 2 of you probably even get why that's funny
    Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    And as we're talking about time travel...

My take:

Threads to Moebius - is our original timeline. We see the fishing scenes; we see the conference room scene and touching; we see Sam clearly giving Jack orders...

But SG1 go back in time and let's face it screw it up.

Alt!SG1 go back in time and help to fix it with our original Daniel.

The original timeline is reinstated but just after Daniel returns and just before they go fishing, they find the ZPM and a video.

So they don't go back in time. But that's OK because they don't need to because their future selves caused the effect back in the past that enabled their present.

....why does everyone look like they have a headache??
    No, that's exactly how I see it, and what I was trying to say, only more detailed. Because the overall point is, from the point of view of what's 'real', to the Sam and Jack we know *after* s8, is the events of Threads through the final conference room scene, then the scene in Daniel's lab, then the 'real' final fishing scene of Moebius. They have no memories of, nor did 'they' actually do, anything different.

Comment

Around here we've only got two seasons, too. Winter and construction.
      Weather spoiler:

Spoiler:
      My mom went to Steven's College in Wyoming for her Associate's Degree (yes, way back with woolly mammoths still roamed the plains). She used to say that they only had two seasons there--winter and the 4th of July. And the year she played to Sousaphone in the marching band for the 4th Parade, she was scooping snow out of the bell as she marched.

They interviewed someone on the local news who'd gone all the way to Vancouver for less than 24 hours to watch one of the hockey games and he'd worn a cheese head painted with the American flag. Yeah. That's it in a nutshell... And about 2 of you probably even get why that's funny
      Am I one of the two? Because that is downright HILARIOUS!!!!! I so love my Peeps.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

OT Olympics:
        Spoiler:
        Am I one of the two? Because that is downright HILARIOUS!!!!! I so love my Peeps.
        What's also sorta interesting is they were interviewing folks in town tonight on the news (Madison), and despite the fact the Lady Badger coach is the US Ladies Olympic coach, the folks they interviewed were pretty 50/50 split on which team they were rooting for because only *slightly* more folks on the US team are current or former Badgers than on the Canadian. Apparently the two teams come from a Very Small population pool

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          OT Olympics:
          Spoiler:
          What's also sorta interesting is they were interviewing folks in town tonight on the news (Madison), and despite the fact the Lady Badger coach is the US Ladies Olympic coach, the folks they interviewed were pretty 50/50 split on which team they were rooting for because only *slightly* more folks on the US team are current or former Badgers than on the Canadian. Apparently the two teams come from a Very Small population pool
          Oh, I'm so feeling the old home state vibes! I miss Wisconsin, nice to see us represented so beautifully by the hockey team (and the cheesehead).

Er...

Mala manip, awesome, eh?

You know what? I'm spending my entire birthday tomorrow (er, now today since it's past midnight here) doing nothing but watching the Olympics.

Mostly hockey, I'm sure Jack would approve. Or even Sam, 'cause it's not *hockey,* it's the Olympics! If you don't get the reference, read my latest fic, <grin>.
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            heheh! *does a tap dance*

Melissa, is is Summer over here I'm so excited! Laura (another shipper) and I are heading to Sydney for some serious thunking!!! RDA, Ben Browder, Dan Shea, Claudia Black, Chris Judge, some dudes from Atlantis and SGU that I don't know but am assuming are awesome, Gigi Edgley, thunk thunkety squee squee

*does a boogie* For once, being on the upside down side of the pond pays off! We have soooo many people coming! (and Amanda Tapping will be here in December.....oh yeah!!!!)
            I am so jealous cause I can't make it. I am defientley going to Sanctuary con in December

Must be like Arizona. HOT in the summer (thank all that's holy for my POOL) and cool, but not really cold in the winter. We always say here that there are two seasons. Summer, and Slightly Cooler than Summer.
            That is exactly the weather I get. Right now it is very hot and humid

Comment

Happy Birthday Pol!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY POL!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Oh, I'm so feeling the old home state vibes! I miss Wisconsin, nice to see us represented so beautifully by the hockey team (and the cheesehead).

You know what? I'm spending my entire birthday tomorrow (er, now today since it's past midnight here) doing nothing but watching the Olympics.

Mostly hockey, I'm sure Jack would approve. Or even Sam, 'cause it's not *hockey,* it's the Olympics! If you don't get the reference, read my latest fic, <grin>.
                  Happy Birthday!!

And, seems like a reasonable way to spend it. Not because it's the Olympics, but because its...

Oh. Never mind

Comment

I know... double post.

And only barely on-topic. Watching Ripple Effect atm. How hysterically funny is it that, in the room full of Carters, there's a table filled with cups of Blue Jello and coffee?

Cracks me Up.

Every time.

Love the attention to fanny details

Comment

Happy Birthday Pol!

I hope it's a good one and enjoy watching the olympics!

Ooohhh seasons. We clearly have 4 in here. #1 Rain season and very cold, #2, Rain season, less cold, #3 Rain season and hot/humid(!), #4, rain season and getting colder again. Aka it almost always rains in here...

sigpic

Comment

Love the attention to fanny details
                        Did you mean FUNNY, or am I allowed to snort? Because I'm sure Jack would agree with your version better!

and:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POL!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Aka it almost always rains in here...
                          That is exactly the weather I get. Right now it is very hot and humid
                          Nope--Arizona is a desert, and when we do get rain it's a lot of it all at once, for about three minutes, then it's dry again. But when I lived in Hawaii, it used to rain a little every day. . .

and sorry for the double post--I just got so caught up with Pol's birthday that I forgot to address the other things. . .
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Ooohhh seasons. We clearly have 4 in here. #1 Rain season and very cold, #2, Rain season, less cold, #3 Rain season and hot/humid(!), #4, rain season and getting colder again. Aka it almost always rains in here...

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Fanny. A word I probably just made up which means of or pertaining to fans. Fan-ny

Comment

well, 'fanny' has a whole new meaning to the brits

and probably not a name you want to call your self

iirc

Spoiler:
                                it's brit for a female's 'front bottom'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X