Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    Love it when Sam takes a hold of Jack's side-arm!

...runs back to the gutter.....
    Indeed and without any hesitation like, you know, she's done it many times before
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Indeed and without any hesitation like, you know, she's done it many times before
      Must. Not. Go. There.

And crawling slowly out of the gutter on that one, it all goes back to familiarity--and how well they work together. That teamy goodness HAS to translate well to doing well in OTHER things, too, right? Like chopping lettuce for salad and sorting laundry and dusting the furniture. Can you just see them on a Saturday, doing chores?

And a drabble is just eating at the back of my head, but I have to go teach my class. See you folks later!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Must. Not. Go. There.

And crawling slowly out of the gutter on that one, it all goes back to familiarity--and how well they work together. That teamy goodness HAS to translate well to doing well in OTHER things, too, right? Like chopping lettuce for salad and sorting laundry and dusting the furniture. Can you just see them on a Saturday, doing chores?

And a drabble is just eating at the back of my head, but I have to go teach my class. See you folks later!
        But it's a drabble and drabbles are short and don't take long and gosh it's so necessary to the thread (and me)

So please write the drabble.

Write the drabble.

Just write it.

Please. **bats eyelids**
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

I was in a Sam/Jack mood this morning, so a humorous ficlet from Season 10, http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/361283.html

Love Machine -- When Sam gets toasted at Girls' Night with Vala she says some things she didn't mean to, with distastrous and funny results. Some gutter language.

I hope you enjoy it!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            I was in a Sam/Jack mood this morning, so a humorous ficlet from Season 10, http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/361283.html

Love Machine -- When Sam gets toasted at Girls' Night with Vala she says some things she didn't mean to, with distastrous and funny results. Some gutter language.

I hope you enjoy it!
            Cute! Thanks for sharing!

But it's a drabble and drabbles are short and don't take long and gosh it's so necessary to the thread (and me)

So please write the drabble.

Write the drabble.

Just write it.

Please. **bats eyelids**
            We'll see how much time I get today. Maybe during nap time. . .
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I hope you enjoy it!
              I've saved to check it out later. Thanks!!!!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Cute! Thanks for sharing!

We'll see how much time I get today. Maybe during nap time. . .
              Ohhhhhh

*waits hands in anticipation*
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I hope you enjoy it!
                LOL! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you ever thought about posting your stories on fanfiction.net or another Sam/Jack fanfiction site? You'd probably get greater traffic as well as more reviews. Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                  LOL! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you ever thought about posting your stories on fanfiction.net or another Sam/Jack fanfiction site? You'd probably get greater traffic as well as more reviews. Just a thought....
                  I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!

I use An Archive of Our Own -- my stuff is here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Artaxastra/works There's Jack/Sam and SG-1 gen, and also Stargate Atlantis, Pirates of the Caribbean, and assorted other!
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Was doing the multiquote thing then the pc died and I really can't be bothered to go back.

Anyway - have Power behind the throne on order - ah well, I liked Barque of Heaven not much ship but a good yarn. Fanfic is so much better. Love Machine - excellent story.

And the touchy feely thing, well some people just are more like that. AT just maybe like that. And RDA is irreverent (is that the word) isn't he? And that comes across sometimes when he's Jack. I don't think I've ever really thought about Sam really having to prove herself the worthy soldier, she can kill people just as well as the next person it seems. It always amazes me that Daniel seems to manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                      Anyway - have Power behind the throne on order - ah well, I liked Barque of Heaven not much ship but a good yarn. Fanfic is so much better. Love Machine - excellent story.
                      Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed Love Machine!

Re: the novels -- I'm a prereader for Heart's Desire, the SG-1 novel by Amy Griswold that's coming out next year, and while I'm sworn to secrecy about most of it I do have to say that I think most people on this thread would love it! It's set in the end of third season, and what's not to love about Jack and Sam being captured by pirates?
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed Love Machine!

Re: the novels -- I'm a prereader for Heart's Desire, the SG-1 novel by Amy Griswold that's coming out next year, and while I'm sworn to secrecy about most of it I do have to say that I think most people on this thread would love it! It's set in the end of third season, and what's not to love about Jack and Sam being captured by pirates?
                        Thanks for the link! I have now added it as a Favorite.

What's a pre-reader? Is that like being part of a focus group? Or, do you act as a proofreader and give feedback before it goes to print? How do you become a pre-reader?

Comment

Thanks for the link! I have now added it as a Favorite.

What's a pre-reader? Is that like being part of a focus group? Or, do you act as a proofreader and give feedback before it goes to print? How do you become a pre-reader?
                          Lots of authors have a small group of people, maybe ten or fifteen, who read over their work while they're writing it. It's usually people who are really good at leaving helpful feedback, and often people who know the canon well and would catch mistakes. I know there's at least one other prereader on this thread, Seldear. Amy's working on Heart's Desire for SG-1, which is supposed to come out next fall, and she has two SGA books coming out before then, The Lost in February and Allegiance in June. Her livejournal is here: http://amygriswold.livejournal.com I have to say that I'm totally loving Heart's Desire! It really feels like an old school episode, and Jack and Sam being captured together just never gets old!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Lots of authors have a small group of people, maybe ten or fifteen, who read over their work while they're writing it. It's usually people who are really good at leaving helpful feedback, and often people who know the canon well and would catch mistakes. I know there's at least one other prereader on this thread, Seldear. Amy's working on Heart's Desire for SG-1, which is supposed to come out next fall, and she has two SGA books coming out before then, The Lost in February and Allegiance in June. Her livejournal is here: http://amygriswold.livejournal.com I have to say that I'm totally loving Heart's Desire! It really feels like an old school episode, and Jack and Sam being captured together just never gets old!
                            Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

That might actually be one book that I will bother to read. After all of the mostly negative comments that I've heard about most of the books, it sounds like Heart's Desire is worth a try. I'll keep my eye on it for when it hits the bookstores. Hopefully, there will be a hint of ship, just like we've gotten on the show, but even if there isn't, I like the idea of Sam and Jack being captured together... that seems kind of shippy to me anyway

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

That might actually be one book that I will bother to read. After all of the mostly negative comments that I've heard about most of the books, it sounds like Heart's Desire is worth a try. I'll keep my eye on it for when it hits the bookstores. Hopefully, there will be a hint of ship, just like we've gotten on the show, but even if there isn't, I like the idea of Sam and Jack being captured together... that seems kind of shippy to me anyway
                              I think it's pretty much like you'd see onscreen in late season three or early season four -- about that level of shippy. There's definitely the UST there and the sense that there are some improper feelings being felt! And she does a good job with the banter.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I think it's pretty much like you'd see onscreen in late season three or early season four -- about that level of shippy. There's definitely the UST there and the sense that there are some improper feelings being felt! And she does a good job with the banter.
                                But are these books canon or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X