Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    That one is likely from the time of "Children of the Gods". If you look at a photo of Sam and Jack standing next to Ferretti's bed in the infirmary, they are almost identical - Sam's hair and Jack's hair and coloring are almost the same. A few weeks back, I noticed that and posted the CotG picture next to the one in the one above for comparison. And Jack is in uniform. As pointed out, the pins on his shoulder and lapel are just barely visible.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r..._PDVD_2330.jpg
    http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...k-1-Verona.jpg

The coloring is different, maybe because the smaller one is from a group of Polaroid photos.
    I think Sam's hair is a wee bit longer in the small picture. Perhaps it's from 'Fire and Water', when they have a memorial service for Daniel.
    sigpic

Comment

Good catch. Didn't notice the pins at all. But heck, look at the chemistry all the way back then.... Mmm.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Yes. MMMMMmmmm.

We're lucky to have the yummiest ship, too. I mean--yowza! Those are two very attractive people.

And of course I appreciate the duty and honor, bravery and intelligence that they consistently show whilst they perform their duties for and in behalf of the planet Earth and the people upon it.

Yeah. Right. That's what I meant.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just thought this was funny. My kids are somewhat addicted to this show, and I saw this on the trailer for next weeks' episode (at least it is here in AZ).

Look at minute 1:07

I hope this works--I've never posted a vid before. . .

And wow--double post. Where ARE you people? **sniff**
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Aka that is so funny
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hey ship family.

Just wandering through to drop off a comment about Sam, Jack or whomever touching somebody else in a supportive manner. I've noticed that it almost always seems to be Sam doing the touching. One of the most noticeable times is in "Evolution", part 1, where Reynolds is injured in the firefight with the kull warrior and everybody is captured. In the cell where they are all being held, she's cradling Reynolds in her arms, which is a very nice gesture, but that has always struck me as just a teeny bit odd, since all the men are so determined to have others think they are just fine, thank you very much - which Reynolds says to Jack. If he's fine, then why is anybody holding him?

Anyways, partly because of that scene, as I've been going through the series (yet again), I started making a list of all the times Sam has reached out and touched somebody in some sort of supportive manner - on the arm, shoulder, hand on back, etc. - and she's been doing that ever since "Children of the Gods". I'm up to Season 7 now, and have a list of at least 35 times when she's done that, and that's not counting all the times she hugged Jacob or one of her teammates. It's usually women that this happens with, but there are a number of times when it's been a man that she's done this with. And I think it's a lovely thing that she does; to me it's an indication of how supportive she is of other people, and also an indication of how comfortable she is in expressing the caring side of herself.

* ... wanders back out ... *
              Very interesting Hedwig

You're right I think Sam is a touchy feely kind of girl particularly in her sense of team and being there for them. When she calls them family - she means it in a real sense.

On the flip side of that though can you imagine how hard it was for her to go against those natural instincts of support and comfort - physical and otherwise when it came to Jack.

I mean the number of times she would have had to restrain herself to make sure that her actions were not misconstrued or misunderstood.

Just makes you have a hell of a lot of respest for her character.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Just thought this was funny. My kids are somewhat addicted to this show, and I saw this on the trailer for next weeks' episode (at least it is here in AZ).

Can't open it here but I'll check it out as soon as I get home.

I'm here at least for a little while
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I'm echoing Akamaimom's statement:

Where ARE you people? **sniff**
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

I'm here! We can sob together.

**reminds self that other people have lives and work and don't get to stay home all day. . .**
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                    I'm echoing Akamaimom's statement:

Where ARE you people? **sniff**

**reminds self that other people have lives and work and don't get to stay home all day. . .**
                    *waves*

I'm here. Just currently involved in my latest obsession in finding Sam touches and hugs and so forth. I'm up to Season 8, "It's Good to be King" at the moment. The only actual touching there is the one where Sam grabs Jacks gun out of the holster on his leg......

... and while it doesn't count on this list, there's the scene at the end where Sam reacts to Maybourne's comment about "wives", and Jack pats her on the shoulder.

Comment

Indeed

*waves*

I'm here. Just currently involved in my latest obsession in finding Sam touches and hugs and so forth. I'm up to Season 8, "It's Good to be King" at the moment. The only actual touching there is the one where Sam grabs Jacks gun out of the holster on his leg......

... and while it doesn't count on this list, there's the scene at the end where Sam reacts to Maybourne's comment about "wives", and Jack pats her on the shoulder.
                      I knew there was a reason I loved this place

Really looking forward to that list Hedwig.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

*waves*

Phew! It's nice not to be alone! And "It's Great to be King" is one of my all time favorite episodes! LOVE it!

Jack looks so freakin' cute with that branch on his head. (Of course, he looks cute with whatever--wherever. Right?)
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                          Indeed

I knew there was a reason I loved this place

Really looking forward to that list Hedwig.
                          Just to show how "obsessed" I am with this research(), I'm separating the list into all the times Sam touched or hugged other than her teammates, and one for all the times she did the same to any of her team members.

I wonder if this shows just how sad my life is that this is what I'm doing with my time (*regardless of being unable to do more because of one or two health reasons*).

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgn9nnTAAu8

Yes, it works.. hahaha where are they?? Atlantis couterpart of Area 51? XD
                            sigpic

Comment

Phew! It's nice not to be alone! And "It's Great to be King" is one of my all time favorite episodes! LOVE it!

Jack looks so freakin' cute with that branch on his head. (Of course, he looks cute with whatever--wherever. Right?)
                              It's one of my favorites, too. Jack and Maybourne in the same episode are great. But I like equally as much that Sam is in charge of SG1, at least for the first half of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                                Yes, it works.. hahaha where are they?? Atlantis couterpart of Area 51? XD
                                I think that they're supposed to be in a "Warehouse 13" kind of facility. The episode is called "Ex Files" or something. I haven't been watching this season as closely--but my kids started squealing with they saw the trailer and I came in to look. And then, of course, I had to share.

And Hedwig--that's not sad. You are rendering a valuable service to the rest of us. Thanks!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X