• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
    All of the above, in this order: angsty, guttery, fluffy

I can live with that order. Right now I can live with any order actually

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    Well, I'd hope there would be no angst when S/J finally get together! So for the first kiss they'd start out sweet and fluffy and end up on the couch in the gutter!
    Hmmmm the couch
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      I couldn't put it better! Loved that fic to bits!
      Aw, shucks. Now I feel all loved and stuff.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hey Guys! Just a flybypost... I wanted to post this link. There is a contest for banners and for fanfics. Check out the rules for each contest and I hope you get to join. Deadline is Sept 10th. Not sure if it's for both or just the banner contest.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Hey Guys! Just a flybypost... I wanted to post this link. There is a contest for banners and for fanfics. Check out the rules for each contest and I hope you get to join. Deadline is Sept 10th. Not sure if it's for both or just the banner contest.
          The dealine for the banner contest is Sept 10th but the deadline for the fanfic contest is December 1st
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Huh...OT, random Stargate actor sighting....
            Spoiler:
            Watching the X-Files marathon and poor Teryl Rothery guest-starred as a nurse who was attacked in a nursing home.

And...well, you know.
            Spoiler:
            Ooh is that the one whre the old man getting in the tub starts talking about *plumbing*?! That is an odd episode (if you can even say that with TXF!) Have you come across the one featuring Amanda Tapping yet? Bizarrely I've been catching a few reruns on a channel over here and its tempting me to have another dvd marathon myself now!

And yes, Sam soooooo loves Jack and vice versa....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              does anyone ever feel that fanfiction was better than the show?

for s/j... i do.
              I do that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                does anyone ever feel that fanfiction was better than the show?

for s/j... i do.
                Certainly better than the novelizations - on all counts.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  OT:

Spoiler:
                  we finally have a new dog....she's a pit bull mix about 1 year old....she's very sweet.....kinda starved for loving attention though since her previous owners were cruel to her......to the point where the SPCA had to seize her.....that cheeses me off like crazy....

the kitty isn't liking the new arrangement at the moment though.....that cat's getting cantankerous in her old age at 12 years old....
                  congrats to your new dog!! She'll love you And a *hug* for your cat..

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  Continuum Fic...

One of my favorite Continuum fics is Continuum Interrupted by remerkaba. AU Jack is assigned to "watch" Sam and he and Charlie get caught up in an adventure with Thor and the rest of the team. It's rated M, but I think there is a warning before the chapter, so it can be skipped if you don't read S/J love scenes.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4909423/...bInterrupted_b
                  Aww.. I read that not so long ago! really awsome fic <3 and Charlie's cool

I like most of the Continuum fics I've read.. idk why, but I really have a thing for them.. and it's nice to see how Sam and Charlie could get along
                  sigpic

Comment

*wind whistles through thread*

It's so quiet . . .

*bump*
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Then . . .

. . . and now.

sigpic
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        Certainly better than the novelizations - on all counts.
                        I have to agree here having just finished reading (OK barely skimming the last half) the worst Stargate novel I have ever read. It is far worse than even some of the most atrocious fanfic, because at least those stories were written by fans!

Do not buy Power Behind the Throne! There are no shippy bits. The story isn't that good. It was written as if SG1 was actually a nuisance the author had to include somehow. The characterizations are all completely wrong (as one example, Teal'c is verbose). The terminology, names, and basic stargate mythology are incorrect (for examples check out the reviews on Amazon; someone cataloged many, but by no means all, of the errors).

Stick with fanfic. It is better written and far more satisfying.

Rant over, for now, and I feel a little better.

But I could use a happy shippy moment. Can anyone guess this one?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          I have to agree here having just finished reading (OK barely skimming the last half) the worst Stargate novel I have ever read. It is far worse than even some of the most atrocious fanfic, because at least those stories were written by fans!

<snip>Stick with fanfic. It is better written and far more satisfying.

Rant over, for now, and I feel a little better.

But I could use a happy shippy moment. Can anyone guess this one?
                          It's a shame that people think the novelisations don't live up to the show and that some aren't as good as fanfic especially in terms of detail (you'd think they would at least do research and get the terminology right).

I know some of the authors are real fans of the show (some of them used to write fanfic) but I have to admit for me because the novelisations have to remain very strictly within the show canon with only explicit actions and motivations used, some of the characterisations that I have in my head don't match up with the books. For example, with Sam and Jack, for me a lot of their motivations in regards to how they behave with each other are "off-screen" extrapolations from their on-screen behaviour and character back-stories. It's a part of human behaviour and action, that quite often we say one thing while meaning something entirely different.

And whoever signs off on the novelisations seems to have a very narrow view of what the authors can/can't say around "ship." For example, the Star Trek novelisations pretty much accept the suggested will-they/won't-theys as part of the canon and so it's not all that uncommon to find Crusher and Picard inwardly acknowledging greater concern for each other than perhaps they would have for Geordi or Data (and the novels even went on to get the couple together post movies) whereas Stargate with one or two exceptions seems to follow very narrowly the show's ambiguity doctrine of "you can hint but you can't explicitly say O'Neill loves Carter" even for a S4 set story where that *is* canon IMO. Ah well.

I have to admit you have me stumped on the shippy moment. I'm tempted to say late S2 because of the hair...
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I'm stumped too. It looks like "A Matter of Time" or "Holiday" but I've really got no idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I'm stumped too. It looks like "A Matter of Time" or "Holiday" but I've really got no idea.
                              Yep--season 2, but I don't know which episode. And I can't even go looking because I have to go teach my class.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

the first half of season 2.. tahts all i could make out ahaha
                                sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X