Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IggyMing said
    they were obviously trying to create a dress that most Westerners would find unattractive.
    I disagree. I believe they were trying to make a culturally appropriate dress that was attractive. They may not have succeeded, but they would definitely not deliberately put one of the stars of the show in an ugly dress.

Cagranosalis said
    And if you think I'm being grumpy it's because I am.
    If you can get grumpy because I say it's not ugly, then I can get grumpy because you say it is. So there.

But if you really want to talk about ugly, those orange pjs in Beneath the Surface take the cake in my book. And that hat thing Jack is wearing at the beginning of the episode... Good thing Sam loves him anyway.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      Great vid rec!!!

Regarding confirmation, it need not be in the 3rd movie (though I pray to the shipper gods that it does get made and we have irrefutable confirmation) but it could happen in an episode of SGU. I could see it possibly happening this way: a crisis has developed and they need Sam and the Hammond to go somewhere. They page her and she is at dinner as it her and Jack's wedding anniversary and one of them comments that this would be the first anniversary that is interrupted by the job. Cut to a shot of the cake stating the number of years they have been married. See Sam had all these plans to ravish a certain silver haired 3-star general.
      I could definetly live with that!!
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        Um...that they had a ship named the O'Neill? And they had to blow it up?
        This was also the scene with a funny quote...

: We kicked their asses
        : They had asses?

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          The Hak-tyl. Remember the "tribe" of female Jaffa in S7 and 8? They would only deal with Sam at the beginning.
          True. I didn't remember that one. But then, I didn't find it was as much as in Emancipation. IMO, they quickly learn to trust the men. ;P

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Two most poignant words in the series,

"Major."

"Sir."

AAARGH!!!!! Talk about sliding deep into the Cavern of Angst!
          Don't even talk about it. The first time I watched it, I almost wanted to cry. Honnestly. Do not judge me. I'm a sensitive shipper. ^^

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Thanks for the rec! Loved it! <3

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          Regarding confirmation, it need not be in the 3rd movie (though I pray to the shipper gods that it does get made and we have irrefutable confirmation) but it could happen in an episode of SGU. I could see it possibly happening this way: a crisis has developed and they need Sam and the Hammond to go somewhere. They page her and she is at dinner as it her and Jack's wedding anniversary and one of them comments that this would be the first anniversary that is interrupted by the job. Cut to a shot of the cake stating the number of years they have been married. See Sam had all these plans to ravish a certain silver haired 3-star general.
          I'd be happy enough with that. ;D

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          I'll play hlndncr!

Do you know your Sam/Jack ABCs? Come on, won't you sing with me?

A:

Fluff: Alternate Realities (Where Sam and Jack are almost always together.)
          Angst: Air Force (What brought them together and keeps them apart.)
          Gutter: Abs (You know what I'm talking about.)

B:

Fluff: Bass that grwo *this* big.
          Angst: Beneath the surface of Jonah and Thera are two people whose lives are dictated by rules.
          Gutter: Broca Divide virus making Sam go all I-must-mate-with-the-alpha-male.

Who's going to tackle C's?
          I am!

C:

Fluff: Casting a fishing pole together. <3
          Angst: Calling her Carter all those years. (I find it angsty enough. ;P)
          Gutter: Checking his belly in Hathor.
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
            This was also the scene with a funny quote...

: We kicked their asses
            : They had asses?
            You mean this:

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              You mean this:

YES! Thanks!

Comment

I have a special prize for whoever can guess this shippy moment:

Comment

Shades of Gray, when they are talking to Hammond about the device Jack "acquired"
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I have a special prize for whoever can guess this shippy moment:

Shades of Grey after Jack has stole the thingiemabob from the Tollan.

EDIT: Doh! So close.

Comment

BTS Fanfic..

There was a really good one that I read many years ago where SG-1 didn't find a way home. Kalder had Teal'c killed and kept Jack, Sam and Daniel underground as Johna, Thera and Karlan. About a year later, Jonah stumbled upon an hidden alkesh in the mines and inadvertently set off a homing beacon that had the Gould attacking the planet. Oh, and, of course, Jonah and Thera were a couple with a baby on the way! It was a good story... if only I remembered the title, or the author

Comment

BTS Fanfic..

There was a really good one that I read many years ago where SG-1 didn't find a way home. Kalder had Teal'c killed and kept Jack, Sam and Daniel underground as Johna, Thera and Karlan. About a year later, Jonah stumbled upon an hidden alkesh in the mines and inadvertently set off a homing beacon that had the Gould attacking the planet. Oh, and, of course, Jonah and Thera were a couple with a baby on the way! It was a good story... if only I remembered the title, or the author
                        I just read that. It's called Thyself Unknown by MissAnnThropic.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                        Shades of Gray, when they are talking to Hammond about the device Jack "acquired"
                        Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                        Shades of Grey after Jack has stole the thingiemabob from the Tollan.

EDIT: Doh! So close.
                        Here you go:

Comment

[QUOTE=hlndncr;11862530]I just read that. It's called Thyself Unknown by MissAnnThropic.

Thanks for the title and author... I'd like to re-read it!

Comment

Thanks for the fic rec! Definitly going to give it a shot!

And hlndncr, that so cute! <3
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I just read that. It's called Thyself Unknown by MissAnnThropic.

Here you go:

Awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

BTS Fanfic..

I just read this! It's called Thyself, Unknown by MissAnnThropic. I can't give a link right now. Yes, it's a baby fic, but it's extraordinarily well done.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X