Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Oops.

I like the episode "Uninvited", too. And I might be (probably am) in the minority here, but I didn't mind Sam kind of stepping back into the background sometimes in S9 and S10. I think that would make it easier for her to take more days off to go and visit that cabin and spend many lazy days and nights *ahem* fishing with her husband/significant other.

I loved the quirky episodes in 9 and 10. Bad Guys, Uninvited, and Bounty rate right up there with the other quirky episodes that I loved and no one else seemed to much (Like Citizen Joe and Point of No Return).

But that might just be me.

Spoiler:
    Maybe that's why I like Eureka so much. ALL of those episodes are quirky!
    Re: the bolded part - that would be me too. I've enjoyed all those quirky ones that many people don't; and even as silly as it was, I enjoyed "Sight Unseen" in S6.

Comment

I like quirky. I just don't like S9/S10. For reasons too numerous to list here.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I like quirky. I just don't like S9/S10. For reasons too numerous to list here.
        i only liked ONE episode of season 9 (the scourge), and a few more with season 10 being an improvement to me.

sam and jack should have been confirmed in s9, to me.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Re: the bolded part - that would be me too. I've enjoyed all those quirky ones that many people don't; and even as silly as it was, I enjoyed "Sight Unseen" in S6.
          Me too! Even though Sam and Jonas had to pretend to be a couple. Grrrrr. Too bad Sam wasn't needed to "spread the electrical charge thingy" to Jack so he didn't see the interdimensional critters. That would have been a fun scene.

Uh, sir, I have to do something.

What is it, Major?

Well, I have to touch you in order to make it so that you don't see them anymore.

Why?

Because that's how it works.

Well, you know that I've been seeing A LOT of them.

Really?

Yeah--so you may have to touch me A LOT. You know--just to make sure it works.

I think you might have something there, sir. We wouldn't want to mess this up.

**long, drawn out pause**

So, Major, get to that, will ya?
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Obviously, the cabin is in Minnesota; there is no argument about that. However, the Sheriff's Department apparently isn't, since the Sheriff's truck has a Colorado license plate on it, as seen in this picture. So it makes sense that some people would think they wouldn't bring a Colorado Sheriff's Dept. truck all the way to Minnesota (or Maryland) and show it in the yard in front of Jack's cabin. That license plate is apparently the reason many viewers thought (however incorrectly it may have been) that the cabin had been moved (for whatever reason).) (Somebody in the props department likely missed that little detail.)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...005_0872-1.jpg
            Could that possibly be a BC license plate? IIRC some of them have mountains on them. In fact, I think the rental I had a few weeks back did...

Me too! Even though Sam and Jonas had to pretend to be a couple. Grrrrr. Too bad Sam wasn't needed to "spread the electrical charge thingy" to Jack so he didn't see the interdimensional critters. That would have been a fun scene.

Uh, sir, I have to do something.

What is it, Major?

Well, I have to touch you in order to make it so that you don't see them anymore.

Why?

Because that's how it works.

Well, you know that I've been seeing A LOT of them.

Really?

Yeah--so you may have to touch me A LOT. You know--just to make sure it works.

I think you might have something there, sir. We wouldn't want to mess this up.

**long, drawn out pause**

So, Major, get to that, will ya?
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Could that possibly be a BC license plate? IIRC some of them have mountains on them. In fact, I think the rental I had a few weeks back did...
              Nope, it's definitely a Colorado plate, not a BC plate. Though they are very close.

I still say it's yet another example of why they should have hired me a fan as prop-advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

I still say it's yet another example of why they should have hired me a fan as prop-advisor.
                they should have hired a fan to help them remember their own history.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjf View Post
                  nope, it's definitely a colorado plate, not a bc plate. Though they are very close.

lol.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Oops.

I like the episode "Uninvited", too. And I might be (probably am) in the minority here, but I didn't mind Sam kind of stepping back into the background sometimes in S9 and S10. I think that would make it easier for her to take more days off to go and visit that cabin and spend many lazy days and nights *ahem* fishing with her husband/significant other.

I loved the quirky episodes in 9 and 10. Bad Guys, Uninvited, and Bounty rate right up there with the other quirky episodes that I loved and no one else seemed to much (Like Citizen Joe and Point of No Return).

But that might just be me.

Spoiler:
                    Maybe that's why I like Eureka so much. ALL of those episodes are quirky!
                    I agree. With the exception of "Chimera" (and that's only because of the sex scene), I've never found an SG-1 episode that I dislike watching. I think that "Citizen Joe" and "200" and "Wormhole X-Treme" are quirky and funny, and a nice change from angst ridden episodes like "Entity" and "In the Line of Duty".

In fact, I love that Stargate is able to pull off both extremes, whereas Eureka has a certain angst limit and a Battlestar Galactica episode like "200" would just be weird.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      lol. That is pretty funny.

You know, if they hired a fan for the props, they wouldn't have these problems. Heck, they could probably get a volunteer... Someone who's knowledge of the series would prevent anything like that from every happening.
                      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      they should have hired a fan to help them remember their own history.
                      I third this, I mean I think most fans would volunteer to do the job (I know I would)

sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Just curious if any of you were the clearly S/J people I saw cavorting around Burnaby Mountain park on 7/27? I was gawking at the scenery/taking photos. There were definitely a bunch of SG-types there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          I agree. With the exception of "Chimera" (and that's only because of the sex scene), I've never found an SG-1 episode that I dislike watching. I think that "Citizen Joe" and "200" and "Wormhole X-Treme" are quirky and funny, and a nice change from angst ridden episodes like "Entity" and "In the Line of Duty".

In fact, I love that Stargate is able to pull off both extremes, whereas Eureka has a certain angst limit and a Battlestar Galactica episode like "200" would just be weird.
                          One of my favorite things about SG1. Neither of the other SG's have managed to find the balance as well either, IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope. There were other times during the series that Colorado license plates were used on various cars, as if they were actually in Colorado Springs, and that's the one that was used on those too. There is a plate from B.C. from about 10 years back (give or take a couple of years) that's similar, but enough different to know the difference when seen.

There were apparently numerous times throughout the series when fans caught "bloopers" like this and brought it to the attention of the producers. I can't provide a link, since I read it a couple of years back (here on GW, I think), however I think Brad Wright said in an interview that within about 10 minutes of an SG1 episode airing, people would be on the internet pointing out flaws in the episode just shown ... and we're still doing it.

Comment

Oh look something Jenn and I disagree on LOL

I actually prefer the recut CotG to the original. My husband, boyfriend at the time, insisted that I watch Stargate (the movie hadn't really done anything memorable for me). I got done after that little spiel of hers and might have thrown in the towel if he hadn't said "I promise it gets better. She's not like that later on."

I get that it plays into her character as a whole as she struggles with being a woman and a soldier, but it's just... so... not her IMO if you take the character as a whole. It's too defensive, chip on the shoulder, instead of just insecure about what a female soldier looks like which is more the type of Sam we get after ep. 1.

Plus, the music sounds better and a whole lot of other things not related to S/J. And I thought it seemed more shippy but that might just be me.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Well everyone speaks English! (The Canadian version, with the cute little way they say sorry and all that. )
                                We're cute??

Nope, not BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X