Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    The Hak-tyl. Remember the "tribe" of female Jaffa in S7 and 8? They would only deal with Sam at the beginning.
    And my favorite of the Hak-tyl episodes is the one where he's General and they have Ryak's wedding in the SGC. Very fun.

And although Sam didn't "get" to give him orders in that ep, he looked to her for guidance, and that was a little squee worthy.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      And I'm opening a can of worms when I say that I loved the "Not a chance in hell" line from Jack. Even though I can separate (now) the fact that it's not shippy, because I started watching the show in the middle, I still hear it as shippy. Clear as mud?
      I can see it being taken as both shippy and non-shippy. Given the big meeting scene in the briefing room in CotG and Sam's attitude, I'm quite sure that's a big part of why Jack said "Not a chance in hell". He knew, without a doubt, that Sam would never sit still for something like that happening to her; he knew her claws, fangs, nails, teeth (and whatever else) would come out to protect herself if anything like that were to happen to her, regardless of the danger presented by Turghan.

Plus, he'd never allow that to happen to her even if he didn't have feelings for her (undeveloped as they no doubt were at that point)

Comment

I also love the scene at the end of "Beneath the Surface" where he takes the gun away from the guard. That makes my heart go pitter pat.

Oh yeah. All pissed off alpha male showing how quick and good he is with his hands. Mmm.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Oh yeah. All pissed off alpha male showing how quick and good he is with his hands. Mmm.
          Seriously. I rewind those few seconds EVERY time I watch that episode. It's just. . . **swoons**. How Sam didn't drag him away after that is beyond me.
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

I love Emancipation for all the things mentioned, including the cheesyness
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Seriously. I rewind those few seconds EVERY time I watch that episode. It's just. . . **swoons**. How Sam didn't drag him away after that is beyond me.

Or pretend just for a while longer that she didn't have her memory back....
              sigpic

Comment

Or pretend just for a while longer that she didn't have her memory back....
                Two most poignant words in the series,

"Major."

"Sir."

AAARGH!!!!! Talk about sliding deep into the Cavern of Angst!
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi everyone (first post here)

I Love Emancipation because of the fight and also because Sam gives Jack some great smiles

But the dress? hughhh It was so ugly! I will never understand the guys reaction... Sam had never been more... unnattractive! (And I DO think she's beautiful under normal circumstances)

Comment

Two most poignant words in the series,

"Major."

"Sir."

AAARGH!!!!! Talk about sliding deep into the Cavern of Angst!
                    It was great. Then. Then it needed to be there. The delicious angst.

Now. Not so much.

I'll have to be content with the Trio cut scene if the next SG-1 movie is never made...*sigh*

Though I do wish there was some emotional fallout from BtS and Abyss.
                    sigpic

Comment

It was great. Then. Then it needed to be there. The delicious angst.

Now. Not so much.

I'll have to be content with the Trio cut scene if the next SG-1 movie is never made...*sigh*

I agree--it was delicious angst.

And that emotional fallout is what fic is for, I guess.

I, too, choose to believe that, if the scene was included in a Stargate sanctioned DVD, then that makes it canon. Trio it is, then!

At least today, it works. My shippiness shifts, I've found. Oh well.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

and shock and gasp!!! Bite your tongue!

And I wish there had been some emotional fallout from several of the episodes that we never got to see the fallout from. Pretty much any fallout would have been better than what we got.

Comment

I agree--it was delicious angst.

And that emotional fallout is what fic is for, I guess.
                          Got any fic recs for those episodes?

I, too, choose to believe that, if the scene was included in a Stargate sanctioned DVD, then that makes it canon. Trio it is, then!
                          I don't tend to be as needy as some for that all definitive confirmation scene. I think we got it already.

But I do believe there will be definitive confirmation should the movie ever be made.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou13 View Post
                            Hi everyone (first post here)

I Love Emancipation because of the fight and also because Sam gives Jack some great smiles

But the dress? hughhh It was so ugly! I will never understand the guys reaction... Sam had never been more... unnattractive! (And I DO think she's beautiful under normal circumstances)
                            Welcome Loulou!

For you:

Comment

Got any fic recs for those episodes?

I don't tend to be as needy as some for that all definitive confirmation scene. I think we got it already.

But I do believe there will be definitive confirmation should the movie ever be made.
                              I tend to agree with you that TPTB gave us as much confirmation as they intended to.

I've run across a few tags to these eps, but don't remember them, to be perfectly honest. Most of the BtS fics dealt with pregnancy scares/stories with Carter, and I don't recall much more than that. Given that they're both ansgtity-angst-angst episodes, I'd have to believe that there are more than those. Hedwig probably knows--she knows everything!

And I've only written one tag to either of these--Crawl from the Chasm, which was my Ship Day second fic. So, no help there, since you've probably already seen it. Sorry.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Do you know your Sam/Jack ABCs? Come on, won't you sing with me?

A:

Fluff: Alternate Realities (Where Sam and Jack are almost always together.)
                                Angst: Air Force (What brought them together and keeps them apart.)
                                Gutter: Abs (You know what I'm talking about.)

Your turn!

Comment

Working...
                                X