No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it wouldn't have been a recognition of love for each other, I think that huge, clingy hug in "Into the Fire" may have subconsciously given them both an inkling of their feelings for each other. Yes, they were hugely relieved that the other was ok, but as great as that hug was, in my opinion, it went on just a little too long for it not to have been somewhat "shippy". And since I was watching it yesterday and have noticed it before, when they finally stopped hugging to speak to the Tok'ra lady, they both still had their hands on each others arms (which reminded me a teeny bit of that scene in the hallway in Sacrifices when Jack grabs Sam's arms as he's speaking to her and immediately drops them when they both notice it - seriously cute scene, that one).

Comment

Ah! That hug! Yummy with a spoon!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Jack and Sam - When did they know?

And then he asks her fishing...
        Now see that's an excellent point right there. That first fishing invite had to mean something. Sam was very surprised and Jack tried to make it sound casual, but when she didn't accept right away he backed down quickly, like he was nervous about it. But I think the second invite is even more telling. After a week on a planet with just one another and Teal'c (who we all know is very discreet), they are so much more relaxed and happy. I'm not saying anything *happened* but they both had to have figured something out.
        Last edited by hlndncr; 17 August 2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: Correcting factual error. I think it was only one week. It might have seemed longer to Teal'c. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Now see that's an excellent point right there. That first fishing invite had to mean something. Sam was very surprised and Jack tried to make it sound casual, but when she didn't accept right away he backed down quickly, like he was nervous about it. But I think the second invite is even more telling. After three weeks on a planet with just one another and Teal'c (who we all know is very discreet), they are so much more relaxed and happy. I'm not saying anything *happened* but they both had to have figured something out.
          And those three weeks was what dragged me into the world of fanfic--I had to write my vision of what happened there. Of course, looking back on those early stories is now a little cringeworthy for me, but it was satisfying, nonetheless!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            There is video contest on YT and I'd like to make something...but I'm not sure about the choice of the sentence. So I ask your help:

WE wanna see what YOUR ship does:
            what makes them hot? what makes them epic? what makes them special?,....
            Describe it in ONE sentence (examples: My ship likes to have sex in the morning,
            my ship loves to make out in front of his ex, my ship loves to talk dirty, my ship found
            their soulmate in eachother, my ship loves kids,.....)

Tell me YOUR sentences and if I like them I can make the vids
            I like especially thay our ship does nothing even close of that above.. it's kind of irony, isn't it?

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
            My ship goes fishing.

I like that! XD It says everything!

My ship has been canon for 10 years without any confirmation.

(show me another ship that can say that! XD)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
              My ship has been canon for 10 years without any confirmation.

(show me another ship that can say that! XD)
              I LOVE that!

sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

After watching Point of View, my Sam/Jack ship went into overdrive.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  While it wouldn't have been a recognition of love for each other, I think that huge, clingy hug in "Into the Fire" may have subconsciously given them both an inkling of their feelings for each other. Yes, they were hugely relieved that the other was ok, but as great as that hug was, in my opinion, it went on just a little too long for it not to have been somewhat "shippy". And since I was watching it yesterday and have noticed it before, when they finally stopped hugging to speak to the Tok'ra lady, they both still had their hands on each others arms (which reminded me a teeny bit of that scene in the hallway in Sacrifices when Jack grabs Sam's arms as he's speaking to her and immediately drops them when they both notice it - seriously cute scene, that one).
                  Yes, I'm quoting my own post ...

But only because I'm wondering if it had been Daniel that Sam rescued from the deep freeze, does anybody think there would have been a hug anything like the one between Sam and Jack after Jack disposed of Hathor?

Comment

Re the "When" debate. I've just started with Season 1 again, and I may be naive but it seems to me that from the beginning there was something there, an instant attraction that developed into something far more tangible over the years. But I do think it was that confession in D&C that made Jack actually realise that yikes "I've fallen for her"!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Yes, I'm quoting my own post ...

But only because I'm wondering if it had been Daniel that Sam rescued from the deep freeze, does anybody think there would have been a hug anything like the one between Sam and Jack after Jack disposed of Hathor?
                      I, for one, don't. Because that hug was completely Jack driven. He's the one that grabs her. Daniel might have hugged her--but not like THAT. And had Daniel rescued Jack from the deep freeze, I don't think that there would have been a hug at all--although we do see one in Need.

But I think that was a reaction to the situation, and the fact that it was Sam.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        I, for one, don't. Because that hug was completely Jack driven. He's the one that grabs her. Daniel might have hugged her--but not like THAT. And had Daniel rescued Jack from the deep freeze, I don't think that there would have been a hug at all--although we do see one in Need.

But I think that was a reaction to the situation, and the fact that it was Sam.
                        Me too.

I don't watch "Need" much, since it's not one of my favorite episodes, so I don't remember a hug. But I doubt there would have been a hug between Jack and Daniel in that deep freeze scene either. More like a slap on the shoulder and "let's get outa here". So for me that big hug is very shippy...and not just simple relief that both are still alive.

(*don't mind me ... I'm not making a whole lot of sense even to myself today ... not that today is any different than other days, mind you. *)

Comment

Re 'When did Sam and Jack first know?' I agree with Rachel and Jenn, mostly, despite the timing disagreement in 100 days . Although now Hedwig has mentioned 'Into the Fire' (ignoring the whole hug debate for now) the one thing that stood out for me, was how Sam went back for Jack, despite what Makepeace was saying. Yes she did go to blow up the power generator, but not until she'd gone to look for Jack. Maybe it was just the whole 'don't leave anyone behind' philosophy but it always felt more than that to me. Not sure she realised that herself back then though.

So have I just agreed again? Yes I think I have....

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                            Re the "When" debate. I've just started with Season 1 again, and I may be naive but it seems to me that from the beginning there was something there, an instant attraction that developed into something far more tangible over the years. But I do think it was that confession in D&C that made Jack actually realise that yikes "I've fallen for her"!
                            I tend to agree with that. When Sam tries to explain to Jack why the machine thought they were lying, it takes him forever to understand what she is on about. She practically has to spell it out for him. So, I don't think he actually really realised, or rather, admitted to himself how he felt untill then.
                            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                            - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                              I tend to agree with that. When Sam tries to explain to Jack why the machine thought they were lying, it takes him forever to understand what she is on about. She practically has to spell it out for him. So, I don't think he actually really realised, or rather, admitted to himself how he felt untill then.
                              And adding to that, I think that he really did think that he was hiding things--that he could brush off any kind of "feelings" as teamy goodness rather that what it really was. He was fooling himself, but not Sam, and she was purposefully denying things, until it HAD to come out. So, I think his reactions and responses to her in that room where genuine. He really WAS surprised that the machine had caught on, because he thought that he'd been so good at hiding things.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                I don't believe that they are naive as much as they are in denial.
                                I don't think Jack's in denial, I think he's fatalistic. As in, what does it matter how he feels, he can't do anything about it. Why should he torture himself?

I believe Jack is pretty fatalistic overall. He'll fight like a demon (especially for others), but he also accepts the idea of death readily.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X