No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I think it's almost quite literally correct. Nothing like being made to feel utterly precious and feminine to make one *act* utterly precious and feminine.
    Or to be powerful--she's powerful after season 8--I think that she's been given the knowledge of her own force. Not to give that **act** too much importance, but I think that she's finally figured out how 1) important she is in the life of another human being, and 2) how much she can FINALLY be herself. There is a certain strength in all that.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Or to be powerful--she's powerful after season 8--I think that she's been given the knowledge of her own force. Not to give that **act** too much importance, but I think that she's finally figured out how 1) important she is in the life of another human being, and 2) how much she can FINALLY be herself. There is a certain strength in all that.
      Exactly. She no longer sees being a woman as being a weakness, or even something she has to apologize for (I've always gotten that impression from CotG - that she was used to having DEFEND the fact she was a woman).

Which is why I always come back to that scene in SGA: Search and Rescue when she greets a wounded soldier at the 'gate with an arm around his shoulder. That's just *Sam* - feminine and in command.

And, frankly, that 'act'... what it *means* psychologically... can be very important. At least when done right. And I don't mean technique, I mean emotions - because it really can represent an acceptance of all that you are because, frankly, in many ways, if you *choose* to be, you can never be quite as openly vulnerable or *trusting* as during it... It really can be giving yourself completely to another person and becoming extremely vulnerable to hurt and disappointment. And it's not like a military maneuver when you have to be or you'll die. It really is a *choice* to become vulnerable and trusting.

Being accepted like *that* really can change a person I think... especially as it tends to simply be a single act representation of a total relationship... being open and accepted there generally requires it everywhere else in the relationship as well.

And like you said, she really is *powerful* because - as with the injured soldier - showing others who you really are doesn't make you weak - it makes you and them stronger.

Comment

Exactly. She no longer sees being a woman as being a weakness, or even something she has to apologize for (I've always gotten that impression from CotG - that she was used to having DEFEND the fact she was a woman).

Which is why I always come back to that scene in SGA: Search and Rescue when she greets a wounded soldier at the 'gate with an arm around his shoulder. That's just *Sam* - feminine and in command.

And, frankly, that 'act'... what it *means* psychologically... can be very important. At least when done right. And I don't mean technique, I mean emotions - because it really can represent an acceptance of all that you are because, frankly, in many ways, if you *choose* to be, you can never be quite as openly vulnerable or *trusting* as during it... It really can be giving yourself completely to another person and becoming extremely vulnerable to hurt and disappointment. And it's not like a military maneuver when you have to be or you'll die. It really is a *choice* to become vulnerable and trusting.

Being accepted like *that* really can change a person I think... especially as it tends to simply be a single act representation of a total relationship... being open and accepted there generally requires it everywhere else in the relationship as well.

And like you said, she really is *powerful* because - as with the injured soldier - showing others who you really are doesn't make you weak - it makes you and them stronger.
        Agreed.

And besides, it's fun.
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Hmm..

Did you know you can get episodes onto your phone or ipod? And then, even if you can't watch it, you can *listen* to them through your earphones and no one will even know what you're doing?

I'm just sayin'....
          Just emerged from my Friday afternoon - season 9 - not the same without Jack....
          Oh - did I really really want to know that (thinks briefly) I did I did

Comment

Agreed.

And besides, it's fun.
            rofl.

Yes. Let's not lose sight of that.

And cheap too.

EDIT: Hubs would like me to add: For the woman. Generally. For the guy... Not so much. Until you can become a farmer instead of a hunter and then it gets cheap. Well... except for the little people. Who are very very expensive. Men. Can't live without them.. shouldn't share your posts with 'em.
            Last edited by JenniferJF; 19 February 2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

rofl.

Yes. Let's not lose sight of that.

And cheap too.

EDIT: Hubs would like me to add: For the woman. Generally. For the guy... Not so much. Until you can become a farmer instead of a hunter and then it gets cheap. Well... except for the little people. Who are very very expensive. Men. Can't live without them.. shouldn't share your posts with 'em.
              I am rolling, as well. And the little people aren't cheap at all! As I write the check for school lunches--Yikes!

And I've shared posts with my spouse too--but yeah--it's not worth it.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Oh wow, get this! I just got a review for one of my early Campfires, set around Solitudes. The reviewer is from Italy and she said this:

I do love Solitudes! I think that I became shipper after this episode! (and
                moreover in the Italian version, Jack says "Sam" not "Sara"! LOL)
                How freakin' cool is that!

I love the Italian translations, they're so...truthful! <grin!>

-sorry if I'm interrupting a serious discussion, I just flew in here to share that with you all.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Oh wow, get this! I just got a review for one of my early Campfires, set around Solitudes. The reviewer is from Italy and she said this:

I do love Solitudes! I think that I became shipper after this episode! (and
                  moreover in the Italian version, Jack says "Sam" not "Sara"! LOL)
                  How freakin' cool is that!

-sorry if I'm interrupting a serious discussion, I just flew in here to share that with you all.
                  That is cool! And no, not a serious discussion, since what started it (at least on my part) was a bit of fluffy gutter. . .

And I bet that translator was a shipper. . .
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                    Hmmm, wondering where's starlover gone...

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1266584881
                    I haz had busy day...had to get up a car from some place...had to go to the hairdresser...got glasses for in the evenings(so I don't wear my contacts too much) I look way too nerdy...went out of dinner and have soon a birthday.

buuuuuuuuuut GRACE KISS! Squee!

And me saw y'all found the app on FB!

On the topic of Sam's evolution, the only thing I gotta say in comparison to S8 Sam is way more laid back in S9 and thus what y'all say; comfortable in her own skin. I think this evolution made Sam more balanced and "better" than before.
                    sigpic

Comment

laid back
                      Tee hee hee. You said "laid back".
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

hi! my posts don't have to be modded anymore.

sigpic
                        please click the dragons. help them grow. sig made by jasminaGo. thank you! dragons rule!

Comment

Tee hee hee. You said "laid back".
                          I did

*grins*

<splashes>
                          sigpic

Comment

hi! my posts don't have to be modded anymore.
                            Congratulations! I bet mine should be. . . LOL
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

oh yes! I do think that our dubbers are shipper!
                              Read what I wrote about Moebius:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...0#post11093820
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Time to celebrate:

Happy Birthday
                                Melissa / SG1fanintn

Comment

Working...
                                X