Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    hlndncr, that was awesome! I was sitting on the edge of my seat wondering where the angst cave was going to be. Wasn't expecting Edora, but why wouldn't I? That has to be the most angsty place for Sam and Jack. If I remember correctly, there is a body of water near by for the gutter dwellers.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Especially cause it's not his name

At least if one assumes what's onscreen takes precedence over what's written offscreen or in the credits.

EDIT: I should add I can't see them calling each other, in private, anything generally other than Sam and Jack, with an occasional "Carter." I definitely can't see her calling him 'sir' privately as anything other than a tongue-in-cheek joke.
      Ditto.

And....yay!!
      Spoiler:
      I'm done with A) summer teaching (mostly); and B) my doctoral work for the summer (again...mostly).
      D'ya know what that means?

YES!! I get to write 'ship for 'ship day! 'Course, it'll likely be a Campfire, or a late "Pi Approximation Day" thingie, but still...

Next up:
      Spoiler:
      book edits. Got hit with TONS of pages from my editor. Not to mention that unfinished script. Yes, Tammy, I know!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

YES!! I get to write 'ship for 'ship day! 'Course, it'll likely be a Campfire, or a late "Pi Approximation Day" thingie, but still...
        OOh! Goody! **taps foot expectantly**
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Especially cause it's not his name

At least if one assumes what's onscreen takes precedence over what's written offscreen or in the credits.

EDIT: I should add I can't see them calling each other, in private, anything generally other than Sam and Jack, with an occasional "Carter." I definitely can't see her calling him 'sir' privately as anything other than a tongue-in-cheek joke.
          What Jenn said.

sigpic

Comment

Huh. See what happens when faced with some free time?

In honor of July 22 being Pi Approximation Day, I give you: Approximations of Why.

Enjoy.

Er...yup. O'Neill still loves her!

Comment

I just got done writing my first Jack/Sam fic! I'm saving it for Ship Day though!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

How is July 22 Pi Approximation Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  How is July 22 Pi Approximation Day?
                  Read the intro to the fic. Or, failing that, look it up. Sorry, it's the professor in me.

Edit. Huh. Lookit me, that was my 2k+1post! Is there cake?

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Read the intro to the fic. Or, failing that, look it up. Sorry, it's the professor in me.

Okay read the intro and I gotta say that's pretty cool about how today is PI approximation day.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Sam would want to hear him call her Samantha I think. The only time he openly admired her "attributes" was when she was wearing the blue dress in Emancipation and he addressed her as Samantha. (He also called her Samantha after tussling with her in the locker room, before he started whumping on Daniel in Broca Divide, but she doesn't know that.) And when she imagined having a personal discussion with him in Grace what did he call her? Samantha (and aren't his lips just yummy when he elongates those syllables, mmmmmmm Jack's lips!--wait, what was I talking about?)
                      Great point. Samantha is the name given to the powerful emotions he has for the woman she is and for the woman he loves. And yes, I enjoy it very much when he elongates Samantha.

And yes, MajorSam, I am excited for Ship Day. I'm trying to get to 2,000 posts so I can use a custom avatar by then, but I don't know if it will happen.
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Huh. See what happens when faced with some free time?

In honor of July 22 being Pi Approximation Day, I give you: Approximations of Why.

Enjoy.

Er...yup. O'Neill still loves her!
                        Read and reviewed. Totally awesome.

**happy, shippy, sigh**
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

Somebody mention cake?

Comment

Congrats! I can't believe that I'm nearly at 1,700! Will someone please shut me up already!?!?!

And the cake looks great, Hedwig. And now I want something sweet to eat and I'm all out of ice cream. **SOB**
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              And the cake looks great, Hedwig. And now I want something sweet to eat and I'm all out of ice cream. **SOB**

Maybe this will suffice till you get more.

Comment

I can't really see them calling each other in any nick names.

As to Jack calling Sam "Samantha"... Well, I think that would be kept for special occasions (like, say, a marriage proposal ), but in every day interaction, I think "Sam" will be nick name enough
                                Last edited by Raw_Deal; 22 July 2010, 03:26 AM. Reason: Typo
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X