Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    And...that Amanda adamantly did NOT want to turn Sam Carter into the damsel of the week, or the femme fatale of the SGC. I loved that about her (the actor).
    And that she was given that level of control is encouraging - even though she was forced, at other times, to do things she didn't want to do (Pete proposal, anyone? )

OT writing:

Spoiler:
    Oh yeah. From your mouth to...whomever's ears, eh? Now we just have to come up with a spectacular, original, creative, and enganging show. Huh. No problem, yes?
    Easy!

And...bringing it all back to the 'ship. Spoilered as it's fic-related...
    Spoiler:
    I'm working on the New Ground Campfire and am a bit...stumped for a storypoint (a place from which to jump off for the Campfire). I'm open to suggestions. Email them offlist to me, "polrobin" at "hotmail" "dot" "com"
    Why do fic related S/J posts have to be spoilered? Let them hang out in all their shippy glory! What's New Ground about, again?

And wait a minute. You're working on that now? You have OTHER things to write... Yes, yes, I don't just carry this whip because it looks good!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Why do fic related S/J posts have to be spoilered? Let them hang out in all their shippy glory! What's New Ground about, again?

And wait a minute. You're working on that now? You have OTHER things to write... Yes, yes, I don't just carry this whip because it looks good!
      Oiy! Shush you! There's us out here who salivate at the prospect of another Campfire. I positively look forward to it.

... hang on... New Ground? Did I miss Shades of Grey? Is that one done then? If it is I'll stop berating Leiasky for telling you to write other stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Oiy! Shush you! There's us out here who salivate at the prospect of another Campfire. I positively look forward to it.
        LOL! Oh, so do I. I adore them So - its terribly difficult to crack the whip over writing fun fan fic or writing something that could potentially make money

... hang on... New Ground? Did I miss Shades of Grey? Is that one done then? If it is I'll stop berating Leiasky for telling you to write other stuff.
        You missed Shades of Grey
        sigpic

Comment

Yippeeee! I can access my profile again; and undoubtedly the messaging part there, too. Maybe ... hopefully ... the "glitch" is fixed!

*does happy dance*

Oh, yeah, and

Comment

They don't! Fic is all we have that's shippy, lately.

New Ground--The planet with the people that don't believe that they were brought there by Goa'uld. Teal'c is blinded by the blast of their weapons and is wandering in the forest, Sam and Jack and Daniel are in those little cages with the guy that keep zapping them with the energy stick. Right?

And I'll email you my idea, Pol.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

LOL! Oh, so do I. I adore them So - its terribly difficult to crack the whip over writing fun fan fic or writing something that could potentially make money

Ah well, if it's, y'know, for the sake of making money to live by then, hey, yes, I'll let her.

You missed Shades of Grey It's done!
              Ok my email alerts must have had "a moment" when it came out. Rats! But on the other hand... yay, I have one to read. OK Pol, take all the time you like to write that Campfire. OK, well, not all the time because,y'know, I can't wait until you get to Season 4 but, take bit of time and, er, do that writing for profit thingy too.
              sigpic

Comment

That's just wicked Pol.

W.I.C.K.E.D.
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                  That's just wicked Pol.

W.I.C.K.E.D.
                  Mmmm. Grace kiss. I'd really like to see all the takes of that kiss .. . or RDA's commentary on that episode. . .

Really, a special edition of fan favorite SG-1 episodes with new commentary (and cut scenes!) isn't out of the question, is it? RDA did say he'd do more on the Children of the Gods commentary...
                  sigpic

Comment

Mmmm. Grace kiss. I'd really like to see all the takes of that kiss .. . or RDA's commentary on that episode. . .

Really, a special edition of fan favorite SG-1 episodes with new commentary (and cut scenes!) isn't out of the question, is it? RDA did say he'd do more on the Children of the Gods commentary...
                    if the ptb sold just this stuff, the shippers would buy SO much that the money made on that could finance the 3rd movie!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Commentary OT

Spoiler:
                      Tbh, I'd rather he not. I think something like that needs to be done while it's fresh in the commentator's mind, and it was obvious, from the CotG Remix commentary, that 10 years and a gazillion epsiodes later had rather muddied the memories. Some things are best left as they are. But of course, that's just mho.

And more OT...

Certain PTB (Joe, for example) have been very upfront the past few years in confirming that this inference or that hint have been done with the explicit intention of informing the audience that Sam and Jack are together. And I think that Joe's verification that the AU Sam who was on maternity leave was married to Jack is certainly consistent with that.

Not that most of you don't already know that, but I just thought I'd toss that out for some of the newer people on the thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

Quick OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        My mother-in-law passed this morning - my partner's mother. It was expected (Altzheimer's), though that doesn't make it any less painful for my S. Good thoughts and prayers for her and her stepfather would be most appreciated. Thanks. It's been a helluva year, hasn't it? :::sigh:::and it's only July.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

POL OT:

Spoiler:
                          My mother-in-law passed this morning - my partner's mother. It was expected (Altzheimer's), though that doesn't make it any less painful for my S. Good thoughts and prayers for her and her stepfather would be most appreciated. Thanks. It's been a helluva year, hasn't it? :::sigh:::and it's only July.

Spoiler:
                          I'm so sorry. We lost my grandmother a while ago after 12 years of fighting that horrendous disease. My thoughts are with you and with your S.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Regs and Stargate -

Spoiler:

I do want to point out too that while SG-1 has painted the AF in a bit of an idealistic light and SGU has been more gritty Brian Smith mentioned at a recent convention that they still send the scripts to the military (apparently the adviser they used for a while is in Afghanistan right now). Apparently they've been very open to SGU characters' fallibility and shared some of their own experiences too.

And Pol

Spoiler:
                            So sorry to hear about your loss

Comment

Totally stealing this from Jumper_1 over on the AT Thunk/Thud thread, but it just cried out for captioning.

Who...her?
                              No...over to the left.
                              Daniel. Really? Her?
                              What? What, "really."
                              :shrug: Suit yourself.
                              C'mon, you can't talk, you know.
                              ???
                              C'mon...I mean, really...Jack?
                              What? Hey, that's not. I mean...no. C'mon, Daniel. :::looks over her shoulder::: I knew I should have stopped after that first bottle of wine. Would you keep your voice down?
                              So, once again...the one on the left?
                              Uh...yeah. I can see it. Sure. You'd make a beautiful couple.
                              Thank you.
                              Hmph.

Okay, not the best. Someone else want to take a shot at it?
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/PJ_One/SG-1/s7/large-FullSize-sg10704-0114xe.jpg

Okay, not the best. Someone else want to take a shot at it?
                                (putting down the binoculars) See, I told ya.

... But... Barney? Purple dinosaurs and "I Love you.. You love me." ... Him? If I hadn't seen it...

I know. Amazing how she's got him wrapped around her little finger, isn't it?

I *so* need a camera.

Daniel!!

Comment

Working...
                                X