No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, this is a bit random but I wanted to share. In writing the Shades of Grey Campfire I had to, of course, watch the ep. I noticed that the pic of Charlie that hangs on the wall in Lost City(?), you know, the one Sam comments on and Jack says he doesn't want to talk about?

That picture.

It's not there.

It its place is a really large poster.

Just...interesting.

I'm 100% certain someone faster and with a greater selection of screen caps can make my point visually, but I just found that interesting. I'm really sure it's not so much a character thing as much as a set dec thing. And that since the script in LC called for Carter to mention Charlie and for Jack to shut her down, that's why it was there...or...was it there in other eps?

That's my random thought for the day as I do a spectacular job of not grading papers.

Thanks to all who gave feedback for my latest Campfire here on the forum.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

It's not there?
      I watched Shades of Grey two days aqo and thought of it, but at that time the scenes in Jack's house were already over.
      Yeah, that's most likely just accidental, but still nice and interesting.. I'd really like to know which of the small things we notice are there on purpose and which by accident and just fit somehow.
      Thanks for the chapter, I already left you a review
      sigpic

Comment

It's not there?
        I watched Shades of Grey two days aqo and thought of it, but at that time the scenes in Jack's house were already over.
        Yeah, that's most likely just accidental, but still nice and interesting.. I'd really like to know which of the small things we notice are there on purpose and which by accident and just fit somehow.
        Thanks for the chapter, I already left you a review
        I think that's the reason that I like watching the commentaries so much--they shed light on that kind of thing.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          I like this exchange! (looking forward for the next chaptre )

So I add this vid, my b-day gift for my friend Elodie (...yes, the cartoon effect is sooooooo funny )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woJorZ7g5FE
          Love the vid!! (the cartoon effect is weird )

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          I think that's the reason that I like watching the commentaries so much--they shed light on that kind of thing.
          Me too!
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            So, this is a bit random but I wanted to share. In writing the Shades of Grey Campfire I had to, of course, watch the ep. I noticed that the pic of Charlie that hangs on the wall in Lost City(?), you know, the one Sam comments on and Jack says he doesn't want to talk about?

That picture.

It's not there.

It its place is a really large poster.

Just...interesting.

I'm 100% certain someone faster and with a greater selection of screen caps can make my point visually, but I just found that interesting. I'm really sure it's not so much a character thing as much as a set dec thing. And that since the script in LC called for Carter to mention Charlie and for Jack to shut her down, that's why it was there...or...was it there in other eps?

That's my random thought for the day as I do a spectacular job of not grading papers.

Thanks to all who gave feedback for my latest Campfire here on the forum.
            You mean these pictures?

The first picture is from "Shades of Grey" and Daniel is standing in front of the poster (is that the one you mean)? And there's no picture of Charlie on the shelf on the pass-thru. Instead there's a model of a rocket there.

In the next two from "Lost City", there's a picture of Charlie on the pass-thru that Sam picks up and looks at and puts back, and then when Jack comes back into the room, Sam points to the picture of Jack, Sara and Charlie on the wall under the poster, and asks if Jack ever talks to her (Sara).

I couldn't find a clear picture in "Shades of Grey" that showed the space under the poster, but since the picture of Jack, Sara and Charlie was on his bedroom nightstand in Season 7, that's probably where it is in "Shades of Grey" too.
            Last edited by hedwig; 12 June 2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                I like this exchange! (looking forward for the next chaptre )

So I add this vid, my b-day gift for my friend Elodie (...yes, the cartoon effect is sooooooo funny )
                I love your vids. There is always one scene that has me going 'ooh I forgot about that moment!' and has me scurrying through my dvds to rewatch an episode. My brain is failing me today (so much so I've had to spellcheck this six times!) but what ep does Jack place his hand on Sam's while at the briefiing room table? Its about 45 seconds in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                  I love your vids. There is always one scene that has me going 'ooh I forgot about that moment!' and has me scurrying through my dvds to rewatch an episode. My brain is failing me today (so much so I've had to spellcheck this six times!) but what ep does Jack place his hand on Sam's while at the briefiing room table? Its about 45 seconds in.
                  The beginning of Moebius so, alas, it never actually happened.

OTOH, it does speak to the situation after Threads, since those events were the same in both timelines.

Comment

OTOH, it does speak to the situation after Threads, since those events were the same in both timelines.
                    Yes. I choose to believe that although it didn't happen, it is the kind of thing that they are NOW comfortable with having happen, and so it is very telling that it happened before it didn't happen because it showed their new-found propensity for doing things like that after it became possible for things like that to happen.

And in simpler terms?

sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

Huh? It never happened? In what way? Because it certainly happened between Jack and Sam, and it was the Jack and Sam that we had watched for the previous eight years.

I guess it didn't happen between the Jack and Sam that we watch *now*; is that what you mean?
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Yes. I choose to believe that although it didn't happen, it is the kind of thing that they are NOW comfortable with having happen, and so it is very telling that it happened before it didn't happen because it showed their new-found propensity for doing things like that after it became possible for things like that to happen.
                        Exactly!

And, of course, instead of this:

We got this:

Which did actually happen.

Comment

Huh? It never happened? In what way? Because it certainly happened between Jack and Sam, and it was the Jack and Sam that we had watched for the previous eight years.

I guess it didn't happen between the Jack and Sam that we watch *now*; is that what you mean?
                          Because if you watch the last scene really closely, it says that they were supposed to go two weeks from the time they were talking. They'd buried the ZPM and the camera in a tomb that would be discovered in time to make it not necessary for them to go at all.

Which did actually happen.
                          Yes. And he TOTALLY smacked her bum. Which shows even more familiarity than a piddly hand on hers. . .

**wishes there were a smiley that Jack with waggly eyebrows and a satisfied grin**
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

Yeah. There are two ways of looking at it, I guess. The first is that our Sam and Jack actually are dead now, having died in Ancient Egypt in Moebius. The other (and the way I see it since the other is depressing) is that 'our' Jack and Sam have been the ones who never go back to Ancient Egypt all along and so I tend to watch it skipping the final scene in Threads and all of Moebius until the last scene in Daniel's lab. I chose to believe all the events up to that final scene in Threads happened to both sets of characters and so, for the ones we see in all episodes after Moebius, the hand touch never happened.

Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Aka beat me to the explanation. So what she said

Comment

:: jumps in to wave ::

I've been attending the SGA/SGU con this weekend here in Mpls. I posted about it on my LJ.

But I thought I'd share that I won a t-shirt because I knew the name of Laira's son. :: headdesk ::

Every bit of trivia I knew all related back to S/J. While my fellow geeks were asking about Goa'uld... the only questions I could formulate were "What was Sam doing when she found out her mother died?" (a significant point that I feel formed her life which led to that angst driven relationship. I actually asked that one and to my own credit the guests answering had to think about that for a good few minutes.

Still. I knew the name of Laira's son (Garan). How much of an angst dweller am I that I know that episode THAT well?! No one else, not even the geeks who knew all the names of the 304s, knew the answer (except the person asking it obviously... shipper in disguise?!). HA HA TECH GEEKS SAM/JACK FOREVER!!!!! /end maniacal evil laughter

'er... sorry...

Comment

Yeah, I love the commetaries because they either tell something about the background of the ep or you lean something about the filming techniques But sadly they can't talk about everything in the 45min..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X