Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
    I agree - Sam at this stage had it all (we hope!). And to me Cam may have been "in charge" but did he ever throw his weight around? He did make command decisions but mostly with a nod to the original 3. Or am I remembering it wrong?
    I guess it depends on your perspective (whether you like him or not, what do you think of the whole command issue etc.). Personally I was very bothered by his behaviour, ordering Sam around - often times worse than Jack, ignoring SG-1's advice etc. and his command was very "in your face" for me. At least in season 9 'cos he was written better in season 10. But then I'm extra sensitive to this stuff and negatively biased.

On a different note: I adore "100 days". It's one of my favourite Jack episodes. As for "Chimera", I like Daniel's subplot and Sam/Pete up to their night together - but the morning after scene never fails to make me angry so I tend to avoid/fastforward the rest of it.

Originally posted by hedwig
    Yes. "Affinity" is one I simply refuse to rewatch; it's on my list of "never watch again" () episodes.
    Ditto.

In my opinion, it made both Sam and Teal'c look like a couple of idiots.
    Don't forget Daniel, going off alone to meet with the Trust without informing anyone and ending up forced to give up vital information.
    Last edited by Petra; 09 June 2010, 11:07 AM.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I can watch "Beneath the Surface" fairly easily, but it's hard to watch the ending of that. I too have a hard time watching "100 Days", and will skim through it the rare times I do watch it.
      I love the ending of Beneath the Surface. I think that Jack really does "it" for me twice in the last ten minutes. First, when he disarms and then smacks the heck out of that guard. Seriously. Watch his face then. OOOOHhhhh.. Sexy. And then, when he says, "Sir." Wow. You can practically taste how much he hates saying that word. It's angsty up the yin-yang.

I still get teased (in my now somewhat elderly years) about being squeamish with scenes that upset me. My older sisters still tease me about me getting upset at movies about some scenes that didn't bother them at all.
      Elderly? Oh, please!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Elderly? Oh, please!
        It's the number of years ... not the mentality.

Comment

It's the number of years ... not the mentality.
          What did Sam say to Catherine? "The heart is never too old to love"?

The heart is never too old to ship?

Ha ha.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I love 100 Days. It's my favorite episode. (I love angst.) Chimera is hard to watch. (Actually anything with Pete in it is hard to watch.) I would have enjoyed the (angsty) storyline of Sam in a relationship if the character (and the actor) they made her love interests weren't so awful and mismatched to Sam. But the one I really detest is Affinity. Both the A & B stories in that one just drive me up a wall and make me want to scream.
            I used to not mind watching 100 Days, but as I get older, I somehow find myself less able to watch it. I do, however, like watching the very last scene, where Sam turns away in anguish when she Jack leaves her mid-sentence and walks over to Laira. To me, that speaks to Sam's realization about her feelings for Jack, and I love the angst associated with it.

I really dislike the intimate scene between Sam and Pete in Chimera. I'm not a prude and am not against intimate scenes on TV, but I really don't like it for the very fact that it's Sam with *Pete*. They could have left that scene out, and perhaps suggested that they were intimate, but not be so in-your-face about it. Now, if it were Sam with Jack, my opinion would be different.

As for Affinity, I simply can't watch it at all. I find that the way Sam accepted Pete's proposal -- *on the job, just after a stakeout* -- to be completely OOC. Very unprofessional, and Sam's not usually unprofessional. And really, giving him a huge kiss and letting him grope her like that when there are people around? I don't buy it. As I recall, even AT was against this scene, but unfortunately, the scene was kept.

Comment

I feel as though I've finally "arrived". No more waiting for my posts to be accepted by the mods! Yay!

Comment

*runs in*
                *waves to Ship Family*
                Long time no see

I had to stop by, I was watching SGU last night... so spoilers:

Spoiler:
                Jack called her Sam! Was that a married couple interaction or what?!
                So married!!!!

Comment

My contribution for the Penguins challenge No5
                  Made an artwork based on this quote "How was it possible that he hadn't known?"
                  ~Sam Carter, from "The Lies You Feed Yourself" by Annerb

sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I liked all of those, too, and I loved Bad Guys--isn't that the one where they inadvertently take the party hostage? And Of course, the high school reunion one where Vala goes with Cam. I liked those two seasons.
                    Bad guys is one of my favourite eps from S10. Despite Sam not being in it... I just chose to believe that she was off in Washington doing something else.... with a cetain someone....

(oooh and I've misssed all these lovely lengthly discussions and now everyone's said what I think anyway....)

Comment

So.. I'm just watching SGU Incursion

Spoiler:
                      First I have to say that it's the first time I watch something of SGU and don't really have an idea what's going on... First, *Saaam and Jack* It was really nice to see them.. second, I was called serval times, and although I tried to pay attention to that scene I didn't hear the "I'm sorry, Sam" I'm not sure, but I almost believe he calls her Colonel in German.. *hmph*
                      and third.. I didn't like the ending (Part 2) and I saw nothing of Jack in there (now it's finshed)
                      sigpic

Comment

Ha ha.
                        Exactly! To both! If I live to be 99, I'll probably still be a romantic at heart.

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                        As for Affinity, I simply can't watch it at all. I find that the way Sam accepted Pete's proposal -- *on the job, just after a stakeout* -- to be completely OOC. Very unprofessional, and Sam's not usually unprofessional. And really, giving him a huge kiss and letting him grope her like that when there are people around? I don't buy it. As I recall, even AT was against this scene, but unfortunately, the scene was kept.
                        Apparently David deLuise "groped" her without it being in the script, and his own brother called him on it later.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                          So.. I'm just watching SGU Incursion

Spoiler:
                          First I have to say that it's the first time I watch something of SGU and don't really have an idea what's going on... First, *Saaam and Jack* It was really nice to see them.. second, I was called serval times, and although I tried to pay attention to that scene I didn't hear the "I'm sorry, Sam" I'm not sure, but I almost believe he calls her Colonel in German.. *hmph*
                          and third.. I didn't like the ending (Part 2) and I saw nothing of Jack in there (now it's finshed)
                          Spoiler:
                          told you - no Jack in part 2 - and I also thought that part 2 was pretty disappointing.
                          But then again I'm always disappointing when I was Stargate in German, it just doesn't feel right. (Even though I'm impressed that the germans can afford to show the episode before the US premiere - usually they take at least a half a year to show them in germany
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            told you - no Jack in part 2 - and I also thought that part 2 was pretty disappointing.
                            But then again I'm always disappointing when I was Stargate in German, it just doesn't feel right. (Even though I'm impressed that the germans can afford to show the episode before the US premiere - usually they take at least a half a year to show them in germany
                            Spoiler SGU Incursion 1/2
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah, I was surprised, too.. o.O And yes, Stargate in German is kinda funny.. doesn't really fit.
                            About the disappointment: I don't know the storyline, so it might have to do with tat, but I've got the feeling that I'm just not a SGU-fan.. if it doesn't convince me after 2h watching. However I loved the new special effects (in comparison to SG-1 1-6)

Did you hear the "I'm sorry, Sam" in German?

Short OT: Pointoforigin, it's a funny feeling to write in English to German-speaking people^^
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Apparently David deLuise "groped" her without it being in the script, and his own brother called him on it later.
                              If that's true then it is just one more sign (as if I needed it) that absolutely the wrong actor was cast in that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Gah! Great discussions and I'm missing out. I'm sooo buried but wanted to say 'hey' to you all!
                                Spoiler:
                                Had a great meeting with my editor and my publisher last week, so all looks good for a spring 2011 book release. Wahooo!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Grace_Kiss.gif

'cause I needed to see it. Again.

::blink::
                                Spoiler:
                                Congrats!!!

*stares at lovely gif*

I'm on "Beneath the Surface". I tried, and tried, and tried, and couldn't get myself to watch "100 Days". What is it about the episode makes me such a chicken? I just can't do it!

I know we've talked about is ad nauseum, but it's still an episode that I just detest. I can't do it. Yes. I'm a freakish wimp that way!
                                There are a few episodes a can't make myself watch, "100 Days" and "Chimera" are on that list...

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Makes sense. If they want to maintain real life continuity, they'd have to find some other place to operate the SGC out of.

LOL, in the 9th Season alone we ended up with Cam, Sam and Dr. Lam!

OT Names
                                Spoiler:

Then we had Dan and Jan (we shippers' pet names for Daniel and Janet ), Jonas Hansen, Jonas Quinn, and Jonah, Jack's BtS personality. Add to that Sara O'Neill and Sarah Gardner and I think that the writers used a very short list when naming characters.

I also think it's funny how many "J" names there are: Jack, Janet, Jacob, Jonas Q., Jonas H., Jonah, Jennifer, Jeannie, Jay, Joe, and, of course, Teal'c symbiote, Junior!
                                *giggles at all the names* I didn't notice all of those

Ha ha.
                                He he. I would like to think so

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                                I feel as though I've finally "arrived". No more waiting for my posts to be accepted by the mods! Yay!
                                Congrats!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X