No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It got to 100 degrees today, it's not usually this hot in June! I miss the cold

Uhm... I don't know why but I don't see Sam and Jack as the swimming type
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Rain! I wish! It's going to be 110 degrees here today! Thank heavens for my pool!

So, Sam and Jack. Swimming or not? I mean, when the fishing is done. . .
      Blimey - I'd die (59 degrees here tomorrow yet it was 80 at the weekend - does my head in)

I say yes to swimming - less impact on the knees...........

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
        Blimey - I'd die (59 degrees here tomorrow yet it was 80 at the weekend - does my head in)

About the knees..I always wondered "but didn't the sarcophagus heal them?"
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Blimey - I'd die
          Nope. You'd just join me in the pool. And air conditioning is my friend.

I was thinking no on the swimming, too. I can't see Jack in a Speedo taking a plunge.

But they acquitted themselves well in the sinking mothership, right? When the compartment flooded and Sam and Jack were trapped. Not really swimming, but floating and NOT drowning.

Although the knee argument has merit . . . Lots of stuff would be easier for him in the water. . .

Hmm. This requires thought.

And the Tok'ra. But it's an age thing, isn't it? Wouldn't it just come back--like Daniel's nearsightedness?
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I always assumed the sarcophagus would have healed his knee(s), given how many times Ba'al put him in it. But a lot of people seem to think the knees didn't get healed. Plus, on occasion after "Abyss", Jack seemed to be limping again or favoring one leg over the other.

Comment

I was thinking no on the swimming, too. I can't see Jack in a Speedo taking a plunge.

But they acquitted themselves well in the sinking mothership, right? When the compartment flooded and Sam and Jack were trapped. Not really swimming, but floating and NOT drowning.

Although the knee argument has merit . . . Lots of stuff would be easier for him in the water. . .

And the Tok'ra. But it's an age thing, isn't it? Wouldn't it just come back--like Daniel's nearsightedness?
              ehm...my mind immediately thought about a character of another show with a red Speedo *mind in the gutter*
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

ehm...my mind immediately thought about a character of another show with a red Speedo *mind in the gutter*
                Spoiler:
                What show? Bear with me, I avoid Speedos if at all possible!
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Rain! I wish! It's going to be 110 degrees here today! Thank heavens for my pool!

So, Sam and Jack. Swimming or not? I mean, when the fishing is done. . .
                  Yes. I can see them both swimming ... on vacation, the summertime, at the beach, the lake, on a lovely beach on a remote planet ...

I would also add (in reply to the comment about the Tok'ra), that Kana'an would likely have healed everything in Jack's body that wasn't 100% ... not just the virus from "Descent". After all, if Selmac could heal Jacob's cancer and all his arthritis problems, what's the likelihood Kana'an couldn't fix Jack's knees? Jack was certainly with the Tok'ra for more than a few days before Kana'an absconded with him.

Comment

Not a lot of point to either pool or air con here!!

The healing sarcophagus thing doesn't last for ever does it but Hmm yes the Tok'ra that must have been a permanent fix?

Jack in Speedo's? This also requires thought................

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post

Me too for much the same reason. Swimming is excellent exercise.

And, would you be terribly upset with me if I admitted I too am from good old Blighty and have a pool...albiet and above ground frame pool that's not really deep enough to actually swim but rather to flail about and hope you don't scrape your knees on the bottom of. ) There are other things you can do in it though; preferably after dark, preferably when nobody's around and preferably when it's too hot for clothing... Ah and that's the other reason I can see Sam and Jack *cough* swimming.

Fly plot bunny, fly and be freeeee!

Great minds.

Also, there's a bit in SGA The Return where Jack swims underwater for a not inconsiderate amount of time. You can' swim like that unless you have a reasonable amount of practice on a fairly regular basis.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I always assumed the sarcophagus would have healed his knee(s), given how many times Ba'al put him in it. But a lot of people seem to think the knees didn't get healed. Plus, on occasion after "Abyss", Jack seemed to be limping again or favoring one leg over the other.
                      I noticed he was limping slightly in the last week's episode of SGU (not the latest U.S. one but the one before). I realise that's probably RDA who has knee problems but it all points to the sarcophagus not permanently healing these things. After all, if it did would it have healed that scar over his eyebrow too?

Oddly enough, so did mine.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        What show? Bear with me, I avoid Speedos if at all possible!
                        Spoiler:
                        It depends on who wears the Speedo!
                        It's Mulder of X-Files.
                        This is a vid made by my friend veronica. Look at 0:16

sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Spoiler:
                          It depends on who wears the Speedo!
                          It's Mulder of X-Files.
                          This is a vid made by my friend veronica. Look at 0:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSq85BAceao

You know I have a much less PG version of a video featuring that song that someone made featuring highlights of David Duchovny's early career. and, umm, there's some very interesting scenes in it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            You know I have a much less PG version of a video featuring that song that someone made featuring highlights of David Duchovny's early career. and, umm, there's some very interesting scenes in it.
                            Spoiler:
                            And do you want to share that with the rest of the class?
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Me too for much the same reason. Swimming is excellent exercise.

And, would you be terribly upset with me if I admitted I too am from good old Blighty and have a pool...albiet and above ground frame pool that's not really deep enough to actually swim but rather to flail about and hope you don't scrape your knees on the bottom of. ) There are other things you can do in it though; preferably after dark, preferably when nobody's around and preferably when it's too hot for clothing... Ah and that's the other reason I can see Sam and Jack *cough* swimming.
                              Upset? Of course not - I just wish we could keep good weather for more than 2 days in row...........

Will ponder on the healing thing

Comment

So, I'm watching "Full Circle" for about the umpteenth time, and just got to the part where Ska'ara has told Jack about his wedding, and Jack has asked about his invitation, and Carter walks up, and Ska'ara asks if she's coming too. And Jack (a bit flustered), says "As ... ?", and Carter says "As in friends going to a wedding.", with a grin, and Jack more or less bolts, and then the bit I just love is where Carter turns to Ska'ara, and they both smile these big smug smiles at each other. Always figured Ska'ara knows about their "feelings" for each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X