No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up early this morning and could not get this out of my head. So I had to get up and write it down.

trin and Lucy, I blame you for this!

Folie a Deux

Summary: Years of separate fantasies meet in one moment of shared reality, as Sam and Jack share a perfect kiss. Absolutely no plot. Pure and total S/J fluff.

NOTE: Now my alarm has gone off and I have to get ready for work!
    Last edited by hlndncr; 03 January 2011, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
      Have been in a shipped in quite a few fandoms - the Grace kiss is the hottest (and best lit - Right X-files fans?) kiss I've ever seen... I think it's largely down to the fact that those two just have insane chemistry and that kiss is just plain raw....

I think it's also the fact that the Grace kiss is such a quick snapshot - every time you watch it you feel as though you haven't quite *seen* it yet - hence the existence of the loop
      Well said! It's very true.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hey all.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I think you already hit on it. That kiss is just HOT!!!!!

I do want that for Jack and Sam FOR REAL!

And I must admit that I can't help imagining myself in AT's place. Who wouldn't want to kiss RDA like that?!
        Oh. I got you on that one.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        What she said!!!

Plus, of all the rare number of kisses between them, this is Sam's fantasy, so you know she really has this dream about him, and she really wants to be with him... and we know it'll be way hotter when they do it for real (IN MOVIE THREE, LET US PRAY!)
        Yes. Yes. Yes!!!

Excellent point! (See someone mentioned something brilliant I didn't think of. ) WoO is essentially Jack's fantasy (nothing wrong with that!) and Jack is definitely the one in control. Grace is Sam's fantasy. So we get these two together for a real kiss and it's a combination of the two. That would be AWESOME!!!!

I believe.
        I believe.
        I believe.
        Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        A very explosive combination.
        Explosive is an excellent word Hedwig.

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
        I just found something on youTube, have fun:

spoilered for size
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Thanks for posting. I really liked the first one.

I woke up early this morning and could not get this out of my head. So I had to get up and write it down.

trin and Lucy, I blame you for this!

Folie a Deux

Summary: Years of separate fantasies meet in one moment of shared reality, as Sam and Jack share a perfect kiss. Absolutely no plot. Pure and total S/J fluff.

NOTE: Now my alarm has gone off and I have to get ready for work!
        I am always willing to accept blame for fic being written. Hey! It's what I do **scrunches eyebrows for effect**

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
        Have been in a shipped in quite a few fandoms - the Grace kiss is the hottest (and best lit - Right X-files fans?) kiss I've ever seen... I think it's largely down to the fact that those two just have insane chemistry and that kiss is just plain raw....

I think it's also the fact that the Grace kiss is such a quick snapshot - every time you watch it you feel as though you haven't quite *seen* it yet - hence the existence of the loop
        You all raised good points but i'm taking up myblackrose's point about it being.... raw which brings me to another question.

Random Q:

Jack's fantasy kiss in WoO is quite romantic - the taking Sam unexpectedly, the dip in his arms, the.... **oh someone stop me**

But Sam's fantasy kiss is raw and guttery. Usually we have the perception that it's the woman who has the romantic fantasy but not so for our ship apparently. So....

Why does Jack have the more romantic fantasy kiss and Sam the more guttery one?

Your thoughts?
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          Random Q:

Jack's fantasy kiss in WoO is quite romantic - the taking Sam unexpectedly, the dip in his arms, the.... **oh someone stop me**

But Sam's fantasy kiss is raw and guttery. Usually we have the perception that it's the woman who has the romantic fantasy but not so for our ship apparently. So....

Your thoughts?

Spoiler:
          Probably due to the very false societal norm that women are supposed to have less of a base sexual need than men. However, as guttery and hot as the Grace kiss is, it is still intensely romantic.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

<snip>

You all raised good points but i'm taking up myblackrose's point about it being.... raw which brings me to another question.

Random Q:

Your thoughts?
            Jack kisses Sam in WoO in full view of other people. And he resigns first because he's not certain that the loop will begin again. I think that he takes those precautions just in case the loop somehow doesn't start again. Also, he's an old-fashioned guy. He'd want his really heavy stuff to be done in private. And when it is in private and for real--YOWZA. Watch out! I'm sure it would be fantabulous!
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Spoiler:
              Probably due to the very false societal norm that women are supposed to have less of a base sexual need than men. However, as guttery and hot as the Grace kiss is, it is still intensely romantic.

Great point
              although I personally don't get a romantic feel from Grace, but as you mentioned more of a base need She's giving up on the dream of having him and therefore there's the shedding of all inhibitions, just the acknowledgement that he's been what she's wanted all this time and she's taking the only opportunity she will have.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Jack kisses Sam in WoO in full view of other people. And he resigns first because he's not certain that the loop will begin again. I think that he takes those precautions just in case the loop somehow doesn't start again. Also, he's an old-fashioned guy. He'd want his really heavy stuff to be done in private. And when it is in private and for real--YOWZA. Watch out! I'm sure it would be fantabulous!
              That is also an excellent point! I'm confident though that Jack was pretty sure the loop was going to start again, which is why he did it the right way by resigning first (just the kind of guy he is) when he decided to finally kiss her.

It was quite risque when you consider that they were in full view of everyone. In Sam's case she was her only audience. She had no reputation or judgement or regs to worry about. I'm sure she's kissed him like that quite a few times in her imagination.

I'm sure a number of shippers have also kissed him like that a few times as well

Those were great guys. Anyone else?
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Great point although I personally don't get a romantic feel from Grace, but as you mentioned more of a base need A shedding of all inhibitions, just the acknowledgement that there is no one else for her but him and she wants him now.

That is also an excellent point! I'm confident though that Jack was pretty sure the loop was going to start again, which is why he did it the right way by resigning first (just the kind of guy he is) when he decided to finally kiss her.

It was quite risque when you consider that they were in full view of everyone. Sam was her only audience. She had no reputation or judgement or regs to worry about. I'm sure she's kissed him like that quite a few times in her imagination.

I'm sure a number of shippers have also kissed him like that a few times as well

Those were great guys. Anyone else?
                But if he were 100% certain that the loop was going to start again, why would he resign? Why doesn't he just corner her in the elevator or in her lab and go for it?

Or find an empty storage closet. . .

Or a convenient wall. . . (*drools*)

I think that he does it in front of witnesses and with the letter of resignation and in his civvy clothes because he's not 100% certain that they'll loop back around. Because if they don't jump back in time, and he's smooching on his Second in Command, he'd be in some fairly deep doo-doo.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

I think to some extent in WoO, he kisses her in front of witnesses to remind him he can't take the kiss too far.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    I think to some extent in WoO, he kisses her in front of witnesses to remind him he can't take the kiss too far.
                    This, too!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

I've always asked myself the 'why did he resign first?' question, and I'm never totally satisfied. I'm pretty sure he knew the loop would restart, as they hadn't solved the problem yet. Someone once mentioned that he did it because he didn't think Sam would take him seriously or try to pull away from him when he went for it. Which does kinda make sense.

One thing I so wish though - that he hadn't been wearing that yellow shirt and hat!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                        I've always asked myself the 'why did he resign first?' question, and I'm never totally satisfied. I'm pretty sure he knew the loop would restart, as they hadn't solved the problem yet. Someone once mentioned that he did it because he didn't think Sam would take him seriously or try to pull away from him when he went for it. Which does kinda make sense.

One thing I so wish though - that he hadn't been wearing that yellow shirt and hat!
                        Why the yellow shirt and hat? Because it's so "take-off-able". Hubba hubba.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

There is that....

Brings a whole new meaning to having an audience though, don't you think?

Comment

I think one of the reasons he resigned first is so he could have her complete attention. Not that the kiss wouldn't have done it, but before that, it could have simply been 'the Colonel walked into the control room. He's hot, but I've got my job to do.' Now with Jack resigning, Sam is paying attention to him and not figuring out what's up with the gate.

It's all part of his strategy.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hah - yes it's not the most attractive thing he's ever worn. I think he was worried about Sam's reaction, shame we didn't see later loops, after all they were stuck for at least 3 months.......

Comment

But if he were 100% certain that the loop was going to start again, why would he resign? Why doesn't he just corner her in the elevator or in her lab and go for it?

Or find an empty storage closet. . .

Or a convenient wall. . . (*drools*)

I think that he does it in front of witnesses and with the letter of resignation and in his civvy clothes because he's not 100% certain that they'll loop back around. Because if they don't jump back in time, and he's smooching on his Second in Command, he'd be in some fairly deep doo-doo.
                                **fans Akamaimom** But they had been looping forever. Look how many other things he did before he finally got around to kissing Sam. That's also why he'd timed the resignation and the kiss (remember how he looked at his watch before he kissed her)

He knew they'd be looping again.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                I like this one. It forces him to have some self control, because, let's face it, Jack and Sam alone, no consequences, all those years of pent up UST. He definitely needed an audience to keep him decent.

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post

That's worth some consideration but I don't think she would have had time to react the way he grabbed her. Heck, even Hammond just stood there in shock while Sam curled her arm around Jack's neck

MHO is that it has to do with Jack's respect for Sam first and foremost - and let's face it if he wasn't the kind of guy that would resign first, then he would not have been the kind of guy who would do all he needed to do to ensure that they didn't compromise their positions.

They both wanted each other all those years and they both held their ground until it was right for them to have that, cause we all know that they are together now.

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                                Hah - yes it's not the most attractive thing he's ever worn. I think he was worried about Sam's reaction, shame we didn't see later loops, after all they were stuck for at least 3 months.......
                                With a kiss like that he could have been wearing stop sign and it wouldn't have made a difference.

UST people!

UST.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X