No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I recall correctly, when Claudia Black became a full time cast member, AT discussed things with CB and they agreed they were not going to bicker or squabble or any of the other diva-type things associated with so many TV series. Not that I think either of them would have ever bickered or squabbled, but I thought that was quite a mature thing to do. And they got along famously, and I doubt there was ever any concern that there would be any dissension between them.
    It just goes to show that AT is mature and professional, as is CB. I think I'm in the minority of people who really liked Vala. Cam, too. I didn't mind the last two seasons of the show--although I would have preferred other things to happen, I figure it's THEIR show, and I just chose to enjoy.

Other things that I don't enjoy--I don't watch. Simple.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

If I recall correctly, when Claudia Black became a full time cast member, AT discussed things with CB and they agreed they were not going to bicker or squabble or any of the other diva-type things associated with so many TV series. Not that I think either of them would have ever bickered or squabbled, but I thought that was quite a mature thing to do. And they got along famously, and I doubt there was ever any concern that there would be any dissension between them.
      It just goes to show that AT is mature and professional, as is CB. I think I'm in the minority of people who really liked Vala. Cam, too. I didn't mind the last two seasons of the show--although I would have preferred other things to happen, I figure it's THEIR show, and I just chose to enjoy.

sigpic
      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

I liked Vala, too. And Cam. I just thought there could have been more actual team-focussed episodes throughout, instead of breaking the team up into segments where they didn't work together. I also actually like a few episodes that others don't like much (like "Uninvited", "Off the Grid", "Arthur's Mantle" - stuff like that).

On the bolded bit - good advice.

Comment

Gah! Great discussions and I'm missing out. I'm sooo buried but wanted to say 'hey' to you all!
          Spoiler:
          Had a great meeting with my editor and my publisher last week, so all looks good for a spring 2011 book release. Wahooo!

'cause I needed to see it. Again.

::blink::
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Don't we all?

::stares--drools::

Spoiler:
            And congrats!

I liked Vala, too. And Cam. I just thought there could have been more actual team-focussed episodes throughout, instead of breaking the team up into segments where they didn't work together. I also actually like a few episodes that others don't like much (like "Uninvited", "Off the Grid", "Arthur's Mantle" - stuff like that).

On the bolded bit - good advice.
            I liked all of those, too, and I loved Bad Guys--isn't that the one where they inadvertently take the party hostage? And Of course, the high school reunion one where Vala goes with Cam. I liked those two seasons.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

I liked all of those, too, and I loved Bad Guys--isn't that the one where they inadvertently take the party hostage? And Of course, the high school reunion one where Vala goes with Cam. I liked those two seasons.
              Yes to both of those episodes, too ("Bounty" was the class reunion one). I'm looking at the booklet that came with my SG1 DVD's and am realizing I liked more than I thought I did in those seasons. I also liked "Morpheus", and "The Scourge", too.

I've been doing my own little rewatch of the series and am presently at "Evolution", so will likely be into Season 9 and 10 before too long.

Comment

I'm on "Beneath the Surface". I tried, and tried, and tried, and couldn't get myself to watch "100 Days". What is it about the episode makes me such a chicken? I just can't do it!

I know we've talked about is ad nauseum, but it's still an episode that I just detest. I can't do it. Yes. I'm a freakish wimp that way!
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Possible spoiler for SGU.

Spoiler:
                  Walter works for Jack at Home World Command now. . . There's a reason for that. And I think that reason is that the SGC isn't there anymore.
                  Spoiler:
                  Makes sense. If they want to maintain real life continuity, they'd have to find some other place to operate the SGC out of.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  The biggest problem I had with Cam was his name! "Cam and Sam?" Sounds like a Dr. Seuss rhyme! That just gets me started on the problem with similar names SG1 has had over the years!
                  LOL, in the 9th Season alone we ended up with Cam, Sam and Dr. Lam!

OT Names
                  Spoiler:

Then we had Dan and Jan (we shippers' pet names for Daniel and Janet ), Jonas Hansen, Jonas Quinn, and Jonah, Jack's BtS personality. Add to that Sara O'Neill and Sarah Gardner and I think that the writers used a very short list when naming characters.

I also think it's funny how many "J" names there are: Jack, Janet, Jacob, Jonas Q., Jonas H., Jonah, Jennifer, Jeannie, Jay, Joe, and, of course, Teal'c symbiote, Junior!
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm on "Beneath the Surface". I tried, and tried, and tried, and couldn't get myself to watch "100 Days". What is it about the episode makes me such a chicken? I just can't do it!

I know we've talked about is ad nauseum, but it's still an episode that I just detest. I can't do it. Yes. I'm a freakish wimp that way!
                    I can watch "100 Days", but I have the same problem with "Chimera".
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I hope that makes sense. I don't think Sam doesn't deserve more, I just think that she's okay with what's there.
                      I agree - Sam at this stage had it all (we hope!). And to me Cam may have been "in charge" but did he ever throw his weight around? He did make command decisions but mostly with a nod to the original 3. Or am I remembering it wrong?

Comment

I can watch "Beneath the Surface" fairly easily, but it's hard to watch the ending of that. I too have a hard time watching "100 Days", and will skim through it the rare times I do watch it.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                        I can watch "100 Days", but I have the same problem with "Chimera".
                        "Chimera" is the one I really, really have the hardest time watching.

I still get teased (in my now somewhat elderly years) about being squeamish with scenes that upset me. My older sisters still tease me about me getting upset at movies about some scenes that didn't bother them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          Gah! Great discussions and I'm missing out. I'm sooo buried but wanted to say 'hey' to you all!
                          Spoiler:
                          Had a great meeting with my editor and my publisher last week, so all looks good for a spring 2011 book release. Wahooo!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Grace_Kiss.gif

Very excited for you Pol! Can't wait!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Makes sense. If they want to maintain real life continuity, they'd have to find some other place to operate the SGC out of.

LOL, in the 9th Season alone we ended up with Cam, Sam and Dr. Lam!

OT Names
                            Spoiler:

Then we had Dan and Jan (we shippers' pet names for Daniel and Janet ), Jonas Hansen, Jonas Quinn, and Jonah, Jack's BtS personality. Add to that Sara O'Neill and Sarah Gardner and I think that the writers used a very short list when naming characters.

I also think it's funny how many "J" names there are: Jack, Janet, Jacob, Jonas Q., Jonas H., Jonah, Jennifer, Jeannie, Jay, Joe, and, of course, Teal'c symbiote, Junior!
                            Sorry, for the double post, but I forgot about Dr. Lam! LOL!
                            Spoiler:
                            Don't forget Lt. Simmons and Col. Simmons! (Of course Col Samuels is similar). I never thought of it in terms of J names, just the repeition of Jonas/Jonah and Sara/Sarah.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I can watch "Beneath the Surface" fairly easily, but it's hard to watch the ending of that. I too have a hard time watching "100 Days", and will skim through it the rare times I do watch it.

"Chimera" is the one I really, really have the hardest time watching.

I still get teased (in my now somewhat elderly years) about being squeamish with scenes that upset me. My older sisters still tease me about me getting upset at movies about some scenes that didn't bother them at all.
                              I love 100 Days. It's my favorite episode. (I love angst.) Chimera is hard to watch. (Actually anything with Pete in it is hard to watch.) I would have enjoyed the (angsty) storyline of Sam in a relationship if the character (and the actor) they made her love interests weren't so awful and mismatched to Sam. But the one I really detest is Affinity. Both the A & B stories in that one just drive me up a wall and make me want to scream.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                I love 100 Days. It's my favorite episode. (I love angst.) Chimera is hard to watch. (Actually anything with Pete in it is hard to watch.) I would have enjoyed the (angsty) storyline of Sam in a relationship if the character (and the actor) they made her love interests weren't so awful and mismatched to Sam. But the one I really detest is Affinity. Both the A & B stories in that one just drive me up a wall and make me want to scream.
                                Yes. "Affinity" is one I simply refuse to rewatch; it's on my list of "never watch again" () episodes. In my opinion, it made both Sam and Teal'c look like a couple of idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X