X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell View Post
    SGU
    Spoiler:
    *slaps forehead* Holy Hannah, I can buy the epi for my iPod, too. But, like you, I don't know how to make a clip either to share with the Shippers.
    i thought you were going to go holy hannah, i could've had a V8!.

Comment

LOL
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
        LOL
        yeah i thought i was funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Ship Day is July 28th.
          Cool! Maybe this year I'll have enough time and inspiration to get the fic idea I had written for Ship Day!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            Ship Day is July 28th.
            Must think of present to bring to Ship Day. (But it is very hard when I lack the talent that so many of my fellow shippers posses.)

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Must think of present to bring to Ship Day. (But it is very hard when I lack the talent that so many of my fellow shippers posses.)
              You and me both.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Now that I have summer ahead of me, maybe I might be able to contribute something. Maybe. *scratches head*
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Egads the 28th falls on one of the busiest days of the year for my job (no, I don't work at a Sam/Jack making company wouldn't that be GREAT if it existed?).

I'll have to start thinking now if I want to have anything for that day

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    Egads the 28th falls on one of the busiest days of the year for my job (no, I don't work at a Sam/Jack making company wouldn't that be GREAT if it existed?).
                    Oh! I know. Let me guess? End of the fiscal year for many companies?

On topic:

Cause I've not been here a lot recently and some of you might be thinking I was sane.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Oh! I know. Let me guess? End of the fiscal year for many companies?

On topic:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/th_doughnuts.gif

Cause I've not been here a lot recently and some of you might be thinking I was sane.
                      Almost.
                      Spoiler:
                      It's two days before the due date for quarter two tax returns with the IRS and state (I do payroll for small businesses), as well as being two days before the 30th which is also a Friday which means everyone is calling/faxing/emailing their payroll that day (bi-weekly, semi-monthly, weekly). The only way this could be worse is if it were June 28th which falls on a MONDAY :: falls over :: which is TWO days before the ACTUAL end of the quarter (not to be confused with the due dates).

Oh. Did I mention I have a BA in Spanish minor in Linguistics? Right. Now I do basic accounting.

Go fig?

Still probably easier than building a naquadah bomb. And I don't get to work for a really hot boss and experience incredible angst.

Comment

Oh. Did I mention I have a BA in Spanish minor in Linguistics? Right. Now I do basic accounting.
                        Que bueno para ti! Yo tengo un BA en Ingles con un menor en Teatro y trabajo cosiendo los alcochados. No conozco nadie quien trabaja en lo que estudiaban.

Con la excepcion de Sam y Jack. Para quedarnos en tema, no?
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          Que bueno para ti! Yo tengo un BA en Ingles con un menor en Teatro y trabajo cosiendo los alcochados. No conozco nadie quien trabaja en lo que estudiaban.

Regardless of what props put up, wouldn't it be hilarious if he had a degree in something like art history? How random. Not that I think he does. I'm just saying that would be really really funny (this could also be the glass of wine I just had talking)

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            I don't think - in canon - we ever know exactly what Jack's major was. As I'm fairly certain there is no 'special ops' major even at the Air Force Academy, I'm willing to bet he's not working in his major, either.

I'm actually not even doing a job which requires a degree atm, though I'm waiting for an opening so I can get promoted to one that does as I adore the work I'm doing and don't want to change fields.

EDIT: And lol Shannon. In college we used to have this saying, "Bad grades, good camp score (meaning, good scores in cadet training).. infantry." He might very well have been something like Art History because if you want to be a 'grunt' or 'special ops' officer your exact degree really *doesn't* matter. Being a good combat officer requires a completely different set of skills than those taught in college.

EDIT2: Though I support your point as the field I'm in - support for people with developmental disabilities - is outside my formal training, which is Biochemistry. Though I do pronounce the names of the drugs the folks are on better than anyone else I work with
                            Last edited by JenniferJF; 05 June 2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              I don't think - in canon - we ever know exactly what Jack's major was. As I'm fairly certain there is no 'special ops' major even at the Air Force Academy, I'm willing to bet he's not working in his major, either.

I'm actually not even doing a job which requires a degree atm, though I'm waiting for an opening so I can get promoted to one that does as I adore the work I'm doing and don't want to change fields.

EDIT: And lol Shannon. In college we used to have this saying, "Bad grades, good camp score (meaning, good scores in cadet training).. infantry." He might very well have been something like Art History because if you want to be a 'grunt' or 'special ops' officer your exact degree really *doesn't* matter. Being a good combat officer requires a completely different set of skills than those taught in college.

EDIT2: Though I support your point as the field I'm in - support for people with developmental disabilities - is outside my formal training, which is Biochemistry. Though I do pronounce the names of the drugs the folks are on better than anyone else I work with
                              There was talk that props put up an Engineering degree - but that doesn't seem quite like "Jack". I've always thought he'd have a poli sci major with his masters in public admin. Or an English degree. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                There was talk that props put up an Engineering degree - but that doesn't seem quite like "Jack". I've always thought he'd have a poli sci major with his masters in public admin. Or an English degree. LOL
                                lol. It's funny you'd say that, cause my hubs (who was SF) had a double poli sci/public admin major....

Comment

Working...
                                X