Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
    Oh.. I just stumbled over a few questions.. yeah, I still have to lean a lot
    But.. What's up with the broccoli???
    And how did you come up with the Hippie bus? (just fot the record, i love old (volkswagen) buses and think the idea is great!)
    Uh, this site probably explains things better than anything I could say. You can join if you want.

You may also find The Shiptionary quite informative around here.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Uh, this site probably explains things better than anything I could say. You can join if you want.

Thanks! haha, I just spent an hour grinning goofily at my computer

I still haven't really gotten it where the connection between a duckling and broccoli comes from, but because broccoli is indeed my fav vegetable I'm fine with that^^

And I have to say, the shiptionary and the S.H.I.P.-site are so crazy that I really consider joining *g*
      But for now, I really should go to bed, g'night shippers!
      sigpic

Comment

What's this?
        Pol's itinerary
        Oh. (beat) Who's Pol?
        You remember, the one who lets us...relax...around those Campfires?
        Ah. Yes. Right. (beat) She's goin' somewhere?
        Yes, just a week, though. She dropped this by today, guess it got mixed in with our guestlist printout.
        Huh. (beat) So...did she say...
        She promised to send us camping when she gets back.

See you all in a week!
        ~Pol
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

See you all in a week!
          ~Pol
          Toodles and have fun!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

a vid from my lovely friend:

sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Thanks. I've seen them before but forgotten how funny it was!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                a vid from my lovely friend:

That was wonderful; thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  Just a quick question

Someone mentioned
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack and tea

Does Carter prefer tea to coffee?

I always amused she drink coffee but then again i could be wrong. I know it might been referenced in some episode but I haven't actually sat down and really watched Stargate in while, currently on a Star Trek Voyager kick, outside of what I video capped earlier this year and seen on syfy.
                  From what I recall Carter mostly drinks coffee, but will sometimes drink tea. Having just been in Vancouver where it seems like there's a coffee shop on every corner I wouldn't be surprized if that applies to AT too. I think people may have started associating Carter with tea because Helen only drinks it, won't touch coffee.
                  Spoiler:
                  As for Jack's tea on SGU, maybe his doctor told him to cut back on the caffeine & he prefers caffeine free flavored teas to decaf coffee?

Star Trek makes it easier: Picard - "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"; Janeway - "Coffee, Black"
                  DDC

Comment

Star Trek makes it easier: Picard - "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"; Janeway - "Coffee, Black"
                    Picard OT:
                    Spoiler:

He's now a "Sir". Patrick Stewart was knighted the other day. Cool, huh?

Link to story
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

[QUOTE=XFchemist;11564319]a vid from my lovely friend:QUOTE]

Hah - that was really good - great to come home to

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                        From what I recall Carter mostly drinks coffee, but will sometimes drink tea. Having just been in Vancouver where it seems like there's a coffee shop on every corner I wouldn't be surprized if that applies to AT too. I think people may have started associating Carter with tea because Helen only drinks it, won't touch coffee.
                        Spoiler:
                        As for Jack's tea on SGU, maybe his doctor told him to cut back on the caffeine & he prefers caffeine free flavored teas to decaf coffee?

This may be an association I make personally between men in a relationship and why Jack would start drinking coffee - especially the way he seems to be rather carefully and reluctantly, almost resignedly, handling the tea bag. Hubs has been an avid coffee drinker for years; however, as he's gotten older, he's found tea to be much better for him both in being gentler on the stomach and having various health related benefits so he's switched. So, given that idea that tea might be considered generally 'better' for you, I just have this little story in my head (which I'm absolutely too exhausted to consider writing at the minute as we're short 1.5 full time staff at work atm and having to scramble to fill in for them as it's not a job you can be short staffed) in which Sam convinces Jack to start drinking tea which he does - reluctantly and regretfully.

That is all

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          That was absolutely awesome! I was laughing throughout the video. I love the effects that you guys do in your vids. The split screen with the X301 (I believe it was from Tangent) and the group looking up was great.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          Picard OT:
                          Spoiler:

Link to story
                          That was great. Sir Patrick Stewart. I loved him on TNG.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

OT Picard:
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes.. but Picard isn't a Sir. Well, he *is*, but not the same sort of sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              OT Picard:
                              Spoiler:
                              Maybe he is to Crusher.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Picard OT:
                                Spoiler:

Link to story
                                Picard/Star Trek OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Whoo! That's so cool! I love ST:TNG (obviously. See avatar. )

Ubber congrats to Patrick!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                OT Picard:
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                                Maybe he is to Crusher.
                                Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 02 June 2010, 12:26 PM.
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X