Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he is to Crusher.
    OOOH--Crusher calls Picard "Sir" just like Sam calls Jack?

Spoiler:
    **squees** because I think that's kinda cute. . .

sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Spoiler:

She calls him Jean-Luc too sometimes, but I
      don't like this analogy as Picard and Crusher
      Spoiler:

only got together in the nooks never on-screen

Comment

OT Star Trek -
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Picard/Star Trek OT

Whoo! That's so cool! I love ST:TNG (obviously. See avatar. )
        Ubber congrats to Patrick!

Aw, now I see it. Tasha and Data. I remember that episode where they "did it".

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Spoiler:

I can't remember if she called him Sir or not, I remember her calling him Captain or Jean-Luc. I just said that because people ship them together. One of them being me.

Look, I made a new shippy banner. I just watched the episode and felt like making something new. Helps boost the shippy mojo. I have my mojo back.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

XFchemist I love the video!! Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

TREKNIK--

I'm quoting your spoilers without actually doing it because I'm lazy. . .(so--quote spoilers here)

Anyhow, it doesn't matter to me if Crusher actually does call Picard "Sir", I still think it's cute.

Like the Blue Dress in Emancipation, "It kinda works for me."

sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
              From what I recall Carter mostly drinks coffee, but will sometimes drink tea. Having just been in Vancouver where it seems like there's a coffee shop on every corner I wouldn't be surprized if that applies to AT too. I think people may have started associating Carter with tea because Helen only drinks it, won't touch coffee.
              Spoiler:
              As for Jack's tea on SGU, maybe his doctor told him to cut back on the caffeine & he prefers caffeine free flavored teas to decaf coffee?

Star Trek makes it easier: Picard - "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"; Janeway - "Coffee, Black"
              Yes. His Doctor Sam
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

TOTALLY OT--But still squee-worthy for some of us. . .

okay,maybe just for me, but I have to share. . .

Spoiler:
                I have had a quilt that I quilted published in a magazine. American Patchwork and Quilting, August 2010 issue, page 84, "Color Your World". I did the quilting. My name is in there and everything. So it's not The Great American Novel, but it IS a pretty cute quilt.

And Sam Jack
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

You know what I don't understand a while back Amanda tapping said that she didn't to get play with anyone when she came back to shoot incursion part 1 yet in the promo for incursion part 1 it looks like she and Rick share a scene or two together. Anybody confused as I am?

Comment

OT and possible Spoilers SGU:
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    You know what I don't understand a while back Amanda tapping said that she didn't to get play with anyone when she came back to shoot incursion part 1 yet in the promo for incursion part 1 it looks like she and Rick share a scene or two together. Anybody confused as I am?
                    I can't completely recall not having studied the preview, but I *think* she was on a monitor talking to him which means they were likely not in the same spot at the same time and she might have filmed the scene anywhere at any time. It's also possible they took scenes originally meant for part 2 in which she was not alone and stuck them in part 1. Assuming she's in part 2. Which I have no idea about cause I generally avoid spoilers if I can possibly avoid them and prefer the raw experience.

Either way, we'll know soon cause it's Thursday

*bounces in seat slightly*
                    *looks at calendar and gets sinking feeling realizing how long it is until October*
                    *looks under couch cause $2.99x2 is a lot of money to spend on Amazon downloads each week*
                    *looks at random string of * marked comments and realizes she needs to go back to sleep*
                    *opens WoW instead*

Comment

OT and possible Spoilers SGU:[spoiler]I can't completely recall not having studied the preview, but I *think* she was on a monitor talking to him which means they were likely not in the same spot at the same time and she might have filmed the scene anywhere at any time. It's also possible they took scenes originally meant for part 2 in which she was not alone and stuck them in part 1. Assuming she's in part 2. Which I have no idea about cause I generally avoid spoilers if I can possibly avoid them and prefer the raw experience.

Either way, we'll know soon cause it's Thursday
                      Yeah well anyway I hate being wrong. Just seeing Rick and amanda interacting with one another on screen and in the same episode is good enough for me.
                      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 03 June 2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

From a newly posted interview conducted in 2002, Amanda's thoughts on S/J while in the middle of filming S6:
                        Yet the romantic thoughts and feelings are equally fun to play, and Amanda particularly enjoys her scenes with Richard Dean Anderson. "That being said, I love that dynamic too. And I love the fact that we haven't kept making a full-meal deal of it. They've admitted that they care about each other, we're not brushing it under the rug. It's just that, for the function of our day-to-day lives, we can't keep harping on the fact that there's an attraction. Hopefully there will be some resolution by the end of the season, or the feature. You know, hopefully something great will happen. I don't know. But we can't, as a cohesive team, as the unit that we are, continue to keep showing our feelings for each other. It just gets in the way. And it gets in the way of the team dynamic. But I have to say, that being said, this season, Rick and I have certainly played a lot more beats that show a level of comfort and warmth between these two characters, that we're not so afraid to show. And I think that there's looks between us, and little nuances and little moments that we're both aware that we're playing. And it's so natural, it came about so naturally, partly because of the bond that Rick and I have, but also because these characters have it. And so there's moments where it's like, 'Ooh, did we cross the line with that look there? No, I think it was nice.' Because it just happens so naturally. So, people, I think, hopefully, will see that, depending on how it's edited. They should be able to get a sense that there is a level of comfort between the two of them that they're more willing to show. I find it with Rick all the time, we'll be doing a scene and just have these looks between each other, and sort of go, 'Oh, well, that was nice!' You know?"

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-06-amanda.htm

Comment

Damian Kindler on S/J resolution in 2003:
                          The characters carry this wonderful tension within them, because the moment you actually start to act on these feelings, the wonderful kind of caring relationship that we’ve been working on is destroyed. You need that balance. And it’s a terrible ecstasy and tension. But I would tell the shippers, just enjoy it! What would you do if it was over?

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-07-damian.htm

Destroyed? Seriously? I still don't understand this kind of perspective.

Comment

The characters carry this wonderful tension within them, because the moment you actually start to act on these feelings, the wonderful kind of caring relationship that we’ve been working on is destroyed. You need that balance. And it’s a terrible ecstasy and tension. But I would tell the shippers, just enjoy it! What would you do if it was over?
                            **Giggle**

And WE will keep it alive! It'll never be over

sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Martin Wood:
                              In Into the Fire, Sam sits up and she doesn't have any clothes on, and Jack goes…" he imitates O'Neill's barely subtle look of interest. "That happened. That moment happened because when we were blocking, Rick did that, and it was funny. And Rick said, you want to leave it in? I said yeah, let's do that. Right after that, they're out in the hall, and Carter bumps up against him. Rick, not Jack, Rick reacted to that. I said keep that in, just do that. It wasn't premeditated. It wasn't something that anybody thought about putting in there. And the same thing with Michael and Rick, they joke about having this sort of odd relationship with each other. The way I block Rick and Amanda together is a huge deal right now. Why is Carter out front in your blocking all the time? She's short!" he laughs. "You can't see her behind Chris! That's what it's all about. When you're actually setting up a scene, you're just thinking, 'I can't see her if she's standing behind Chris Judge!' So that's how you put it together."

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-07-martin.htm

Comment

Love the little article snippits. Keep 'em coming!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X