Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Whoot! Time to pull out the "Ship Ven Diagram"!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...ennJosiane.jpg

Every moment can be classified as angst, gutter, fluff, or a combination of the three. "Divide and Conquer" on the top is full of angst, "Broca Divide" is gutter, the (imaginary) wedding of "200" is fluff. In between, "The Light" is angst + gutter = ganst, "Window of Opportunity" is gutter + fluff = flutter, and "Beneath the Surface" is fluff + angst = flanst. In the middle, "Grace" (and specifically the "Grace" kiss) is classified as fluff + angst + gutter which is combined to flangster ganster.

(Anyone have the link to Josiane's Shiptionary to explain more?)
    Linky: Shiptionairy Awesome site. It's worth to check it out
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, that is truly hilarious! It has me sporfling my coffee here!
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

LOL, glad people liked the diagram!

A bit OT
        Spoiler:
        Is anyone planning to go see MacGruber when it comes out. I'm not going, but I'd like to hear how it was.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Every moment can be classified as angst, gutter, fluff, or a combination of the three. "Divide and Conquer" on the top is full of angst, "Broca Divide" is gutter, the (imaginary) wedding of "200" is fluff. In between, "The Light" is angst + gutter = ganst, "Window of Opportunity" is gutter + fluff = flutter, and "Beneath the Surface" is fluff + angst = flanst. In the middle, "Grace" (and specifically the "Grace" kiss) is classified as fluff + angst + gutter which is combined to flangster ganster.

The only thing I could think of here was to quote the Original Shipper: "Indeed"

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            Ok, that is truly hilarious! It has me sporfling my coffee here!
            Is it sad that in real life I've started to use words like "snurch" and now I will use "sporfle" - this earns me very odd glances from my co-workers although my intention is to see if I can get them to use them without thinking. The great "snurch" "sporfle" experiment.

LOL, glad people liked the diagram!

A bit OT
            Spoiler:
            Is anyone planning to go see MacGruber when it comes out. I'm not going, but I'd like to hear how it was.
            OT
            Spoiler:
            MacGruber's five minute skits with RDA were pretty funny but I'm afraid the movie is going to fall prey to the SNL syndrome which is, just because it's funny for five minutes doesn't mean it's going to be funny for two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
              Hey everybody, remember that Kawoosh challenge a few weeks back? The results are in.
              Kawoosh results post.
              1st - ppatoc - Stargate Universe Remix
              2nd - Jemo - Brand New Day
              3rd - Uhsir- To Love You More

If you didn't get to see all of the videos, you can find the links here: Kawoosh entries post.

Thank you to everyone who viewed and voted. We really really do appreciate you doing it.

And since I didn't post my entry here before, I'll do it now.
              I've dedicated this video to Majorsal because she was a big inspiration!
              Song: To Love You More (edited)
              Artist: Celine Dion

I haven't been able to upload my video to any of the stream sites that work with the Gateworld embedding but streaming and download links are available at my LiveJournal page here.
              I couldn't find the vids Are they available on Kawoosh now?

I'm off to check out your vid!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thanks everyone for the MALP theories - I shall report back. Knowing my friend she'll want evidence and I'll then quote The Link etc

Snurch isn't really a word?

And sorry - but fishing in my brain now means something that isn't usually connected with water.......

Comment

thanks to those that explained what gutter/angst/fluff meant
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    You need to be over 18 to participate in gutter. . .that's why, in general, it's spoilered. . .

Angst is the act of desiring another person and being unable to achieve a relationship with him/her/it. Jack and Sam lived for 8 years in angst.

Or perhaps someone else can explain it better???
                    Finally I understood what these words mean. Thanks. I had my theory about the meaning of these words, but I am sure that I know it. Thanks. :-)
                    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I couldn't find the vids Are they available on Kawoosh now?

I'm off to check out your vid!
                      The original challenge entries post (click here) lists the videos and has links to each video's post at Kawoosh. Links at Kawoosh don't have underlines so you have to hover your mouse around a post to find any links. In the entries post, the name of each video is a direct link to download the video. But sometimes those links go dead and hopefully the vidder posted additional links in their original post. A link to that is underneath each video listed. Hover over the text "Forum link to leave feedback" and click.

There are three Sam/Jack videos: Mine, Korat's and claire_svu_fan's. Korat's is an AU video so you probably should read her description in order to fully understand it. Claire_svu_fan's is a really awesome Grace-based video. The rest of the videos are really good and fun too!

Comment

I loved all the vids at Kawoosh, when is the next competition??
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

It took me a while, but I figured it out. Thanks for the help, UhSir!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                            I loved all the vids at Kawoosh, when is the next competition??
                            A new one will probably be decided by this Sunday. There are many ideas under discussion here. Feel free to join in and bump any that interests you.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            It took me a while, but I figured it out. Thanks for the help, UhSir!
                            You're welcome!

Comment

Thanks for pulling out the Venn Diagram! One of my favorite things EVER. And at the center ... the Grace Kiss. Perfection.

Though I like the WoO kiss, too! Y'know, at VanCon they were playing all of the fan-vid contest entries, and one of them had the WoO kiss in it. I clapped and whooped like a dork (preparing to feel sheepish and embarassed), but realized I wasn't the only person in the theater doing it! It was so awesome. There were many, many people clapping for that 'fluttery' moment and even a few cheers. I was among friends.
                              sigpic
                              "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

SGU OT Question

Spoiler:
                                Anyone watching this episode? Did Lucian Alliance lady mention *why* they cared about Destiny?"

Comment

Working...
                                X