Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yessika View Post

Are going to go glowy eyes on them? *runs away giggling*
    Oh you just wait missy! I'll catch up to you and Green your hide!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Oh you just wait missy! I'll catch up to you and Green your hide!!!
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

It looks like with all the Shipmas excitement the advent didn't get posted yesterday or today.

Here's Day 19 by Sarai:

Give me a bit and I'll see if I can track down Day 20.

Comment

Just because they make me laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Hmmmmm. I was going to blame Sharon and try and find out exactly what she's been doing when she's away from our shipper thread to tick off GW!

EDIT: ACK!!!! My greening privileges have been cut off again! That's just not right!! I'm addicted to giving green!!!!! Must give more green!!!!!!!

Green, green, green, green, green!!!!!!!

Everybody have some GREEN!!!!!

*falls over and cries*
            You're in good company. My older brothers (all three of them) used to regularly tell me that World War II was my fault. I actually believed them for a while.

And I have a hard time greening you, too, hlndncr. But then, there are a bunch of people it doesn't let me green all the time. So--yes--blame it on me. I'm tough. I can take it.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hey,

So now I'm getting around to asking what and how you green someone. I just figured it was a good thing and you "green" someone when you want to compliment them, but why would GW limit it? I don't get that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                You're in good company. My older brothers (all three of them) used to regularly tell me that World War II was my fault. I actually believed them for a while.

And I have a hard time greening you, too, hlndncr. But then, there are a bunch of people it doesn't let me green all the time. So--yes--blame it on me. I'm tough. I can take it.
                I grew up with brothers too; so I know what you're saying.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                Hey,

So now I'm getting around to asking what and how you green someone. I just figured it was a good thing and you "green" someone when you want to compliment them, but why would GW limit it? I don't get that part.
                Aw, the philosophy of green. If you click on the star on the bottom left of another's post a dialog box will pop up where you can leave a comment and send green. I don't know why it's limited but you can only give so much in a 24 hour period, and you can't give it to the same person more than once without spreading it around. And some green is worth more than others. Mine probably isn't worth very much , but I'm working on it. The more green you get, the more you can give!

To see green sent to you, click on My Controls at the top of the page.

On Topic: Sam and Jack like green!

Comment

Technically, in most forums utilizing this format, greening is used as a way to compliment the other person for a post well done. I think in an ideal world it wouldn't necessarily mean you agree with the person, however, in the more fun, sociable setting we have here, greening is almost the equivalent of the "like" button on Facebook (IMO). I've greened for every reason under the sun - welcomes, welcome backs, great graphics, well said post, because it's a Ship Holiday, and because I just want to say "hi!". It's limited because it's supposed to deal with reputation.

I don't know any forum of this manner that utilizes the red rep. I had a college forum that tried to leave it "unchecked" and ended up having to remove it because people would red people just because they didn't like them or like the opinion (regardless of how well it was articulated). I suspect that something like that probably happened 'round here. Sad thing is, people are rude when they don't have face to face interaction...and even when they do (as in the case of my college classmates that I saw every day of the semester for four years...).

The only thing I could wish for is that it was blue :: shippy sigh ::

They always deserve green

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    after she said frustrated she said then there is the usual love, etc... but definately frustrated, how long has it been now? i think they just need to get it on already and get it over and done with...

and then when she was asked if she'd want rda to guest star on sanctuary she said she'd love that, but she wouldnt make him an abnormal as she'd never cover that gorgeous mug... she also said that he could be one of magnus' past lovers, since sam never got to be with jack helen could be with someone who looks a lot like jack

she also said that druitt is helens jack...

and that rda is the best kisser...
                    so this is sounding like sam and jack *didn't* get together??
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

A the green and red fun....was here ...been there...done it...got the T-shirt

GW limits green because it is a way, like others have said, to compliment the others. If you keep having the ability to green people, some people will green their buddies and the people/users they like over and over again. GW makes sure this doesn't happen by giving you a limit of, I think it was 15 greens a day, but don't quote me on that. Also it makes sure that you can't green the same person over and over, you have to green a certain amount of other people before you can green number 1 again. This is done to prevent the buddy, nonsense, greening.
                      The amount is done for the same reason, so people don't give out green the whole time just to green their buddy again and thus climb up the ranks in this manner.
                      Still you have "greening threads" out there that try to go around this, but IMHO, what do you prefer, getting green for fun things that you did and with a sweet message or one without a reason? I *love* the message with my green more than I care about the amount I have.

Then there is red. These days we don't have it on the forum anymore, but once it was used. Frequently. People redded each other for dislikes etc. and it also subtracted points. In this way you really had to earn it, because if you said bad/inappropriate things you got sort of punished for it. It was a sort of moderation I think. In a way I miss it, because it is now easier for people to be a bit more rude. Not rude enough for mod attention, but annoying enough for people. yes, I've given around red in the past...

So the whole green/red system used to be to give people what they deserved, a praise, or a sort of warning, but these days it is more for fun and indeed like Twi said the like button on FB....in here you just count the amount of likes lol

Errr...I ramble too much.

<-- now blue Jell-O would be way more appropriate for them.(yeah for the longest time the green was being referred as Jell-O and when you gave out too much, you locked the fridge )

*goes back into hiding*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        Of course they did!!!

She's just as bitter as the rest of us shippers over not getting that Big Honkin' On Screen Kiss!!!

(Of course she actually gets to kiss RDA and that makes me just a little more bitter. )
                        Last edited by hlndncr; 20 December 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Then there is red. These days we don't have it on the forum anymore, but once it was used. Frequently. People redded each other for dislikes etc. and it also subtracted points. In this way you really had to earn it, because if you said bad/inappropriate things you got sort of punished for it. It was a sort of moderation I think. In a way I miss it, because it is now easier for people to be a bit more rude. Not rude enough for mod attention, but annoying enough for people. yes, I've given around red in the past...

So the whole green/red system used to be to give people what they deserved, a praise, or a sort of warning, but these days it is more for fun and indeed like Twi said the like button on FB....in here you just count the amount of likes lol

Errr...I ramble too much.

<-- now blue Jell-O would be way more appropriate for them.(yeah for the longest time the green was being referred as Jell-O and when you gave out too much, you locked the fridge )

*goes back into hiding*
                          I don't remember the red and I started up only a month after you! But, as you can tell, I haven't been quite as active

And even without the red, in the end...all you need is

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            *pats* Yes, they did! See?
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                              I don't remember the red and I started up only a month after you! But, as you can tell, I haven't been quite as active

And even without the red, in the end...all you need is
                              Yeah...I'm a talkative person....*blushes*

indeed...but I used to dwell all over GW...not all threads are as friendly as this one These days, I stick to a few select threads*huggles those threads*
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for explaining the green, I really have no idea if I have ever been "greened" nor did I know how to do it! I would usually just post a "reply with quote" and compliment the author of a post when I agreed or liked the post. I'll have to give it a try next time! THANKS
                                back ot...

Comment

Working...
                                X