Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    I'm on Small Victories (yes, Season 4!) for my organized rewatch, thanks to the local Detroit channel who plays every episode in order. I also watch SyFy channel for their episodes. My husband doesn't understand why I watch it on TV when I can watch the DVDs whenever I want to. Lazy, I guess. I orginally watched Stargate with regular glasses, several rewatches with Shippy glasses and now I am watching for backgrounds, props and directing.

SGU Episode Location -
    Spoiler:
    Did anyone notice that the episode Faith was filmed where PL was filmed? I kept looking for Jack and Maybourne, so when they showed the waterfall, I was wondering where Jack was.

EDIT - After posting, I was sent back to the first page. What was that about?
    I watch sg-1 on Syfy too, I guess I just like to pretend it is still going on

SGU Location:
    Spoiler:
    That's why it looked so familiar! That is quite cool!!

GW is having some technical issues
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      I watch sg-1 on Syfy too, I guess I just like to pretend it is still going on

SGU Location:
      Spoiler:
      That's why it looked so familiar! That is quite cool!!

GW is having some technical issues
      OT locations:
      Spoiler:
      Once upon a time we played a game in which we tried to recognize actors. Okay. Since there are exactly 8 actors in Vancouver and nearly everything we watch is filmed there, that got real old real fast. So then we graduated to the game Recognize the Location. Our favorites are the stream with the rocks going through the woods (you know what I mean) and the skinny jagged cave opening.

And yes, watching the Olympics this year was a bit disappointing. It would have been nice to see somewhere new on TV.
      And on topic:

I showed this one recently:

But look how much things haven't changed:

Comment

I think it has changed slightly. In the first pic, there's a but of "Wow! I get to work with this great guy!", and in the second, it's more like, "Honey--you have something on your chin." There's a slight increase in intimacy.

At least, that's how I read it!

Probably wishful thinking. . .
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          OT locations:
          Spoiler:
          Once upon a time we played a game in which we tried to recognize actors. Okay. Since there are exactly 8 actors in Vancouver and nearly everything we watch is filmed there, that got real old real fast. So then we graduated to the game Recognize the Location. Our favorites are the stream with the rocks going through the woods (you know what I mean) and the skinny jagged cave opening.

And yes, watching the Olympics this year was a bit disappointing. It would have been nice to see somewhere new on TV.
          And on topic:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ferJF/1969.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ferJF/smug.jpg
          Well, I could state the obvious (with tongue planted in cheek) and say that Daniel is no longer between them! LOL

And, re: the 8 Vancouver actors
          Spoiler:
          We have a joke in my family that there really are only 10 British actors, maybe 15. We've been on a 'period drama' kick and have had a real giggle over seeing the same actors in different movies.
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            I think it has changed slightly. In the first pic, there's a but of "Wow! I get to work with this great guy!", and in the second, it's more like, "Honey--you have something on your chin." There's a slight increase in intimacy.
            I don't see it there.

But that look is followed by this moment:

Which I think is almost smug about Jack's happiness as she looks at Ba'al. *That* one I think speaks volumes

EDIT: Though that capture doesn't quite cover it as it's the entire movement which shows it.

Comment

I don't see it there.

But that look is followed by this moment:

Which I think is almost smug about Jack's happiness as she looks at Ba'al. *That* one I think speaks volumes

EDIT: Though that capture doesn't quite cover it as it's the entire movement which shows it.
              I was just being facetious. I think you're right!

But I do think that there is a slight shift in maturity. Not age, per se, but her look at him is more mature.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Browsing through Stargatecaps.com (here)
                from Deadman Switch

Comment

Kawoosh Challenge - Voting is Open!

Click here for voting details and links to the videos.

The new challenge is the Are You Still Alive Challenge, meaning we just had to make a Stargate video.

Subjects covered are:
                  • Ba'al (1)
                  • Jack/Daniel (1)
                  • Jack/Sam (3)
                  • Lorne (1)
                  • SGU (1)
                  • Teal'c/Vala (1)

Anyone can vote. You don't have to be a Kawoosh member. Please take a look at them and cast your vote.

Voting will close on May 9, 2010 at midnight (GMT)

Feel free to pass the news along anywhere else you think folks might be interested. Thanks and enjoy!!

Comment

Penguins challenge No2:

Do you ever feel like you've become the worst version of yourself?

You've got Mail

Join us on http://penguinschallenge.webs.com/

sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I was just being facetious. I think you're right!

But I do think that there is a slight shift in maturity. Not age, per se, but her look at him is more mature.
                      Her whole attitude is more confidant, as the difference in the shots themselves suggests (IMHO). In the first she seems to be more behind him, almost looking forward towards him and in the second she's almost in front of him, but definitely shoulder to shoulder. Or, iow, there's more equality in their positioning in the later than in the former, which I do think indicates a significant change.

Comment

Her whole attitude is more confidant, as the difference in the shots themselves suggests (IMHO). In the first she seems to be more behind him, almost looking forward towards him and in the second she's almost in front of him, but definitely shoulder to shoulder. Or, iow, there's more equality in their positioning in the later than in the former, which I do think indicates a significant change.
                        Yep. That's what I meant. From hero worship to equal regard.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          OT locations:
                          Spoiler:

And on topic:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ferJF/1969.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ferJF/smug.jpg
                          I still play recognize the actors. About the locations, that is one of the problems I had with SGA because I kept recognizing them from SG1 episodes.

Yesterday I was watching Macgyver and my daughter looks at the TV and first says, "what is wrong with Jack's hair?" and the second was "where is Sam?". I have trained her well.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Ohhhh, can I share my story!!!!!

I didn't want to watch Stargate because of the original movie, and then I accidentally saw Politics. And that totally convinced me I shouldn't watch it.

And then! A friend brought me his discs and said that if I was bored enough I should watch it, and just played me the scene: "You really will like me once you get to know me" "Oh I adore you already Captain" - under the pretenses to see if the disks are working!!!! And I was hooked...
                            On the sharing front - I've got Season 2 out with a friends boyfriend Mum and am taking Season 1 into work tomorrow AND she knows I'm obsessed. SG1 & S&J will slowly conquer the world, just you wait. Then THE film will have to be made

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                              On the sharing front - I've got Season 2 out with a friends boyfriend Mum and am taking Season 1 into work tomorrow AND she knows I'm obsessed. SG1 & S&J will slowly conquer the world, just you wait. Then THE film will have to be made
                              Muahahahaha!!!!

sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Wow i saw only 2 of those on yt and they are great!! *goes to watch the 3rd one*
                                sigpic
                                My tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X