Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    FAN FIC writers:

Please, please remember that Jack NEVER (that I can tell) calls Dr. Janet Frasier "Janet". He calls her "Doc", "ol Doc Fraiser", "Frasier" and something like "little tyrant" if I recall correctly. But I have never heard him call her Janet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't think he ever calls her Janet. I do strongly urge writers to come up with they're own nickname (in the vein of what Jack would call her) instead of rehashing napoleonic warmonger (used once).

Also - Jack calling Sam "Sammie"

:: twitch ::

Pol - I was just thinking I was in the mood for the Grace kiss

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      So, as an on topic question, I'll shoot this one out there.

What are the five top (i.e. hottest) "looks" exchanged between Carter and O'Neill?

I nominate:

1) Upgrades/Divide and Conquer--through the force shield
      2) The Other Side--on the ramp after they close the iris at the end
      3) Small Victories--them smiling at each other through the magnifying glass in her lab
      4) Lost City part 2--over the power crystals in the modified cargo ship
      5) Beneath the Surface--"Sir." "Sir." (You all know what I mean, right?)

I really can't decide which I like best, so--what do you all think? Most angsty--most playful--most sweet. . .

Feel free to nominate your own--I'm just starting with a few of my faves.
      I agree with all that you have here EXCEPT #2 - The Other Side. The look shared is almost scary. It's as if he looks at her and thinks "Now, here's a real test. Will/Can you love me in spite of my dark side?" [chills] And her look, I wonder if she's contemplating just who she's fallen for.
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Congratulations, starlover, on 19,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, JenniferJF, on 7,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Keaira Taegan, on 3,600 posts!!!

Congratulations, DevilishMe, on 2,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Gatetrixer, on 2,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, Lady eliza, on 1,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Valerie_Jackson, on 1,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, kusanagi, on 700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Treknik, on 500 posts!!!

Welcome back, RamonaThePest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Ok here we are! This is the video! I hope you like it.
          Thanks to all the people who joined me in this project
          I uploaded it on my backup account cos it's just matter of time before my account will be closed (f**k Fox!). So please subscribe/add friend.

I absolutely loved this!!! You guys were great!!!
          Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Ah but I do that because you are always so very appreciative of reviews. Actually a lot of the authors on here are. Most of them, I would say. It goes a long way to mkaing it worth while reading the fic in the first place, IMO.

I think it's great that so many of us on the thread write. I think we play off each other. I don't write as frequently as some of you do, but when I do, I try to do my best because I know how hard everyone else works on their fic.

Comment

Jack Also called Janet "Napoleonic Power Monger" or something like that.

Comment

napoleonic warmonger
              Powermonger--but "Ol' Doc Fraiser" does come up several times--and I felt sheepish when I started paying attention to the credits and it's Fraiser--I had been calling her Frasier. Of course, the Omnipedia has it spelled both ways. . . but I've tried to stick with her name as in the credits. And yes, I've been guilty of doing the Napoleanic thing more than once--but just because I personally think it's funny. Sigh.

I agree with all that you have here EXCEPT #2 - The Other Side. The look shared is almost scary. It's as if he looks at her and thinks "Now, here's a real test. Will/Can you love me in spite of my dark side?" [chills] And her look, I wonder if she's contemplating just who she's fallen for.
              Thus its appeal! Dangerous men! (Shiver! Good shiver.)

But--with what look would you replace it?

And I think she knows who she's fallen for--she says in "The First Commandment" that she has been drawn to the fringe. I think she knows who and what he is. She might not have seen it until then--but she intellectually knows it. That look might mean that she has just learned it with her heart--does that make sense?
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Powermonger--but "Ol' Doc Fraiser" does come up several times--and I felt sheepish when I started paying attention to the credits and it's Fraiser--I had been calling her Frasier. Of course, the Omnipedia has it spelled both ways. . . but I've tried to stick with her name as in the credits. And yes, I've been guilty of doing the Napoleanic thing more than once--but just because I personally think it's funny. Sigh.

Thus its appeal! Dangerous men! (Shiver! Good shiver.)

But--with what look would you replace it?

And I think she knows who she's fallen for--she says in "The First Commandment" that she has been drawn to the fringe. I think she knows who and what he is. She might not have seen it until then--but she intellectually knows it. That look might mean that she has just learned it with her heart--does that make sense?
                YES! YES! Perfect sense.

Yes, I love it when Jack goes all Colonel-powerlful on us. The scene (Evolutin pt 1?) where the supersoldier keeps walking after being shot with tranquilizer darts and Jack moves the other officer out of the way and takes over his big gun.

Hmmmm, as for replacing the look from The Other Side, let me see, -- well, while it's not blatent, I love the looks and vibes they give each other in Evolution (part 2?) when he says he's going after Daniel and she's going off to command a mission on her own. They both show such confidence in each other and yet they're saying "be safe" at the same time. (I'm so mushy

Comment

Hmmmm, as for replacing the look from The Other Side, let me see, -- well, while it's not blatent, I love the looks and vibes they give each other in Evolution (part 2?) when he says he's going after Daniel and she's going off to command a mission on her own. They both show such confidence in each other and yet they're saying "be safe" at the same time. (I'm so mushy
                  And at the end, when he suggests "lunch?" Cute, cute cute cute. . . Sigh
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Congratulations, Keaira Taegan, on 3,600 posts!!!

Awh jeez haha i didnt even notice Thanks

sigpic
                    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

And at the end, when he suggests "lunch?" Cute, cute cute cute. . . Sigh

YES! The way he manages to "get her alone" even though their in a crowded room. The signal that makes her lag behind jussst enough so they can have a conversation aside from everyone else. )

Comment

So, as an on topic question, I'll shoot this one out there.

What are the five top (i.e. hottest) "looks" exchanged between Carter and O'Neill?

I nominate:

1) Upgrades/Divide and Conquer--through the force shield
                        2) The Other Side--on the ramp after they close the iris at the end
                        3) Small Victories--them smiling at each other through the magnifying glass in her lab
                        4) Lost City part 2--over the power crystals in the modified cargo ship
                        5) Beneath the Surface--"Sir." "Sir." (You all know what I mean, right?)

I really can't decide which I like best, so--what do you all think? Most angsty--most playful--most sweet. . .

Feel free to nominate your own--I'm just starting with a few of my faves.
                        There was something hot about one of their very first looks. There's tons of challenge and anticipation in this one:

There's so much depth of emotion (and angst) in this one:

More angst:

Questioning:

Heat:

More Heat:

Affection:

Cute:

Ok...I strayed away from "hot." And I love the ones you posted, Akamaimom! But you say, "S/J looks," and I'm off and running!
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 09 March 2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          Congratulations, Valerie_Jackson, on 1,800 posts!!!
                          Thank you.
                          sigpic

Comment

FYI, Continuum is on SciFi!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              To bad we don't have SciFi up here in the Great White North *runs to pull out dvd so she isn't left out*
                              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                              GateCon Vancouver 2011
                              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Awesome!!
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X