No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam...how does Dora the Explorer get her shirt on over her ginormous head?

I have no idea, sir. (*geez!*)

Comment

good question though!
      And I could go on. . .

Where are Fred and Velma and Shaggy and Daphne's Parents?

What exactly is Uniqua on the Backyardigans?

How do the Teletubbies reproduce?

Why is Diego allowed to drive?

Do Dora's parents know exactly how often she's in danger? Do they care?

Why is Caillou bald? His sister and parents have enormous heads of hair, and Caillou just has a huge head. Is it a glandular disorder?

Why does the duck on the Wonderpets have a speech impediment? Do the show's producers know that kids are emulating that speech and it's damaging?

Where are Max and Ruby's parents? Is Ruby really old enough to take Max shopping all by himself? Have they had him checked out for learning disorders due to him inability to put together complete sentences?

Max and Emme on Dragontales--don't their parents ever wonder where they went?

Where do they put Clifford's poo?

Oh, my goodness, it goes on and on and on and on!!!!!!

and Dora is MORE annoying in Spanish! Just so you know!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        And I could go on. . .

Where are Fred and Velma and Shaggy and Daphne's Parents?

What exactly is Uniqua on the Backyardigans?

How do the Teletubbies reproduce?

Why is Diego allowed to drive?

Do Dora's parents know exactly how often she's in danger? Do they care?

Why is Caillou bald? His sister and parents have enormous heads of hair, and Caillou just has a huge head. Is it a glandular disorder?

Why does the duck on the Wonderpets have a speech impediment? Do the show's producers know that kids are emulating that speech and it's damaging?

Where are Max and Ruby's parents? Is Ruby really old enough to take Max shopping all by himself? Have they had him checked out for learning disorders due to him inability to put together complete sentences?

Max and Emme on Dragontales--don't their parents ever wonder where they went?

Where do they put Clifford's poo?

Oh, my goodness, it goes on and on and on and on!!!!!!

and Dora is MORE annoying in Spanish! Just so you know!
        And let me just say that I don't want those Teletubbies to reproduce!!!

Carter, how do Teletubbies reproduce?

Sir...we're in a briefing. Try to concentrate.
        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 07 March 2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          scary thought...

Comment

Nudging...

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              One of the funniest things I've ever heard is when my then 4 year old daughter walked in and wondered aloud exactly how Dora the Explorer gets her shirt on over her ginormous head! I about peed my pants laughing.
              Now that is some critical thinking there! And I'm not kidding!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...-607SJLook.jpg

Carter, how do Teletubbies reproduce?

Sir...we're in a briefing. Try to concentrate.
              Oh, Melissa! ROFL! I tried to green you. That was so funny!
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I have a rule in my house - no shows I can't stand to watch. We avoid Dora... Teletubbies... really the worst I put up with is Agent Oso (which I have to be careful not to yell "idiot bear" cuz Eli repeats me...).

This means that Eli recognizes Stargate - and recognizes Jack and Sam's faces as Stargate

Comment

Hey everyone.

Mel, just wanted to say that I love your sig and I couldn't green you but GREEEEEEEN
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    I have a rule in my house - no shows I can't stand to watch. We avoid Dora... Teletubbies... really the worst I put up with is Agent Oso (which I have to be careful not to yell "idiot bear" cuz Eli repeats me...).

This means that Eli recognizes Stargate - and recognizes Jack and Sam's faces as Stargate
                    the Force is strong in your young padawan....

Comment

He had foot surgery a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard anything about those others. I would question the person who posted that about what the source was. I just kinda feel that if he had knee and/or heart surgery, we would know that.

Now I'm curious. I don't know the person you quoted, Everlovin'. Do you know her? Can you ask where she heard that? If he said it at the con, I guess it's true, but if he didn't, I'd really like to know more about the source of that info.
                      I don't recall where I read it, but I do seem to remember reading that RDA said (in an interview?) when he was practicing with scuba gear in his swimming pool (because he wanted to attempt a dive to some particular depth in the ocean) that he experienced some chest discomfort and decided to get a check-up and it was a good thing he did, because something was discovered (about his heart?) that could have caused either severe injury or death had he actually gone on that dive without discovering the problem. However, as I said, I don't recall where I read that or when. I don't save these things for later reference.

Comment

Carter, did you ever wonder where Fred and Velma
                        and Shaggy and Daphne's parents are?

No.

But...

Jack.

But...

*glare*

Jack shrugs his shoulders and yawns...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I don't recall where I read it, but I do seem to remember reading that RDA said (in an interview?) when he was practicing with scuba gear in his swimming pool (because he wanted to attempt a dive to some particular depth in the ocean) that he experienced some chest discomfort and decided to get a check-up and it was a good thing he did, because something was discovered (about his heart?) that could have caused either severe injury or death had he actually gone on that dive without discovering the problem. However, as I said, I don't recall where I read that or when. I don't save these things for later reference.
                          You don't????

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                            Well, actually he said he enjoyed his 20 takes for the WOO kiss with Amanda
                            But look at what he said about Sam and Jack getting together

~RDA was at a con in Australia this weekend, and, according to one report, was asked whether Sam and Jack should end up together. His answer was, according to the report poster, "along the lines of no, because it'd be against Air Force rules, and would so cheapen both their portrayal of the Air Force and the Air Force itself.~
                            don't worry about the answer. rick doesn't seem to realize sam and jack aren't in the same chain of command anymore. i love the guy, but he can be *so* clueless sometimes!

really, don't worry about it.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

You don't????
                              I iz sowwy. Hangs head in shame.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                don't worry about the answer. rick doesn't seem to realize sam and jack aren't in the same chain of command anymore. i love the guy, but he can be *so* clueless sometimes!

really, don't worry about it.
                                Yeah...I agree wholeheartedly! And it was clear to me at Gatecon that he hadn't given the plots the thought we had given them. He was there to have fun, interact with fans, honor Don S. Davis and raise money for Sea Shepherd. Really, once the actors have said the lines, it can kinda be in one ear, out the other.

But I love them!
                                Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I iz sowwy. Hangs head in shame.
                                Tee-hee!

Comment

Working...
                                X